Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we know Hal isn't putting on an act?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TorchBearer View Post
    I was banned?! awww...
    it was a 8 second ban

Comment

;D heh poor torchbearer

Comment

Wow. Just... wow.

Comment

woohoo 8 seconds!
          TorchBearer - BlueLantern Corps

Comment

Originally posted by Lundonj View Post
            In this case, I agree with Raker, my copies of Spectre couldn't burn fast enough in my fireplace. However, I've since had a number of friends, customers and GL fans I like and respect, point out some pretty cool moments in that series.

I've reread it, I like some parts, but I didn't see 'my' favorite character in there or aspects of him in that series often enough. I never lost sleep over it, I just thought it lost focus shortly out of the gate.
            Hey Don! Yeah...I agree.

Also, I wouldn't expect a repeat performance of the "GL goes permanently evil", especially because it already wore off once. If it didn't take then, it ain't ever gonna again. What's the old expression - "You kill jean Grey once, shame on you. You kill Jean Grey twice, she comes back half as fast, half as evil"...or something like that.

I don't think DC trashing Hal ever made Kyle look one iota better, nor do I think reversing that strategy now would make Hal any more successful. It's just...not needed.

DC gets that now, thankfully. Hopefully they continue to.

Comment

This is one of those early lessons I've learned, especially trying not to step on anyone's feelings in my comic shop -- EVERY comic, EVERY character is someone's favorite.
              Even Danny Chase?

How about all those Yazz fans out there! (both of them )

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBarnes45 View Post
                Even Danny Chase?

How about all those Yazz fans out there! (both of them )

I used to be amazed at some characters that people listed among their favorites, but after a couple decades of message boards, conventions and life at a comic shop -- I'm convinced that yes, even Danny Chase has fans SOMEwhere.

-Don

Comment

I used to be amazed at some characters that people listed among their favorites, but after a couple decades of message boards, conventions and life at a comic shop -- I'm convinced that yes, even Danny Chase has fans SOMEwhere.
                  -Don
                  I'd have to se it to believe it!

What, no defence for YAZZ fans?

Then again you might be right. I remember in the 90s I saw someone on a message board with a Petition for Catspaw to return. She was a disposable Legion character in one of their disposable 90s incarnations.

Comment

Yazoo is the name used for the European releases and Yaz was used for the USA releases.

http://www.last.fm/music/Yazoo/_/Sit...n%29?autostart

http://www.last.fm/music/Yazoo/+videos/+1-R_kzhvYZtQc

I was a big fan of Yaz back in the day and I still listen to them once in a while, I really like Alison Moyet's voice.

"British synth-pop duo formed in London, 1982 by multi-instrumentalist Vince Clarke and singer Alison Moyet.

Clarke, a founding member of Depeche Mode, formed Yazoo upon his departure from that group in December 1981. After two critically and commercially successful albums, the duo disbanded in 1983. Clarke went on to form Erasure and Moyet achieved solo success. They announced plans for a reunion tour and a comprehensive 4CD box-set in 2008."
                    Mr.Itty
                    Torch Bearer
                    Last edited by Mr.Itty; 05-30-2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Itty I was referring to the 1990s bird character that was in the JLA.

Comment

ooops...

Comment

for the Yazz, se below.
                          Also look at the incredibly dork suit that Booster Gold wears. I think he raided NFL Superpro's costumes

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                            Um correct me if I am wrong here,but I was always told he fought in WW2 and killed a few Nazi's.
                            Killing Nazis doesn't exactly make a person bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                              Because he was only the bad guy in about 20 issues,and the good guy for far over 300. I am sure even Mr. Rogers had an few off days,where he did not want to be our neigbor.
                              Made me laugh out loud

Comment

I agree, I think it would be lame to have him go back to being evil. Especially after everything thats happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X