The Fate of Alan Scott (Speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrakeGrayson View Post
    I guess I was wrong. I thought the "old man" was reffered to Hal with him being the "old man" of the corps. hmm very interesting, indeed!
    Seems more appropriate when you stop and think that Kyle would call Alan THE OLD MAN since Alan took on a father-like role to Kyle starting with the relationship with Jenny
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

That is true. I didn't ever think about that.

Comment

Going to have to disagree here. Even with Kyle's inner fears twisted around because of Parallax, there's no good reason he's going to all of a sudden turn around and say he wants to beat up Alan Scott for no good reason. The last time he saw him, Alan's daughter just died... he's got no beef with him, not even in pseudo-fear mode.

What I think we're looking at here -- and this is actually interesting -- is a kind of repressed resentment of Hal's return emerging in Kyle's psyche.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          Going to have to disagree here. Even with Kyle's inner fears twisted around because of Parallax, there's no good reason he's going to all of a sudden turn around and say he wants to beat up Alan Scott for no good reason. The last time he saw him, Alan's daughter just died... he's got no beef with him, not even in pseudo-fear mode.

What I think we're looking at here -- and this is actually interesting -- is a kind of repressed resentment of Hal's return emerging in Kyle's psyche.
          There isn't a good reason for Alan to be the old man but it does make sense after reading your post.

Perhaps it is not Kyle talking at all but Parallax itself talking refering to Hal since Hal was Parallax's first host.
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Well my theory was wrong. Hal is indeed the "Old Man," after reading issue # 21. But I still think Alan will have some changes ahead. Here are some more speculations:

1) Alan "dies," only to find himself in a parallel earth.

2) The Starheart is removed and it is revealed that Alan is in fact a GUARDIAN.

3) The Starheart is removed and Alan finds himself a member of the GLC.

4) Or nothing happens at all.

Comment

Originally posted by glkilowog View Post
              1) Alan "dies," only to find himself in a parallel earth. - Why??

2) The Starheart is removed and it is revealed that Alan is in fact a GUARDIAN. - Why???

3) The Starheart is removed and Alan finds himself a member of the GLC. - Porque??

4) Or nothing happens at all. - I'm gonna go with this one. Why does Alan's fate have to be some serious shit like that,
              My 2 cents - 4EVER

Comment

O.K., in "Rebirth" Alan experiences a weak moment. He brushes it off "as being thirsty." Could this be the effect of Parallax on the Starheart?

I think the "Old man" Kyle refers to is Alan. Sinestro would be more inclined to fight Hal than Kyle.

Alan will meet an ill fate.

this IS interesting, i would definitely love it if they address this in the Parallax special but does this mean that the starheart is also an entity? i wonder what it looks like.... maybe like a STARfish?? hehehe

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

I agree with andrew here, that there is a "repressed resentment of Hal's return emerging in Kyle's psyche".. this can be observed in GL#23, when Kylelax yanked about being 'special' , 'the last one' blah blah...

Comment

Well my theory was wrong. Hal is indeed the "Old Man," after reading issue # 21. But I still think Alan will have some changes ahead. Here are some more speculations:

1) Alan "dies," only to find himself in a parallel earth.

2) The Starheart is removed and it is revealed that Alan is in fact a GUARDIAN.

3) The Starheart is removed and Alan finds himself a member of the GLC.

4) Or nothing happens at all.
                  Alan is the most powerful member of the JSA, always has been. if he's going to meet some ill fate it'll be in the pages of that book, not Green Lantern or GLC.

I thought Captain Marvel was JSA's Superman. Alan is just their GL. Now that the multiverse exist maybe he will die in this earth and live in one of the"52."
                  Alan is very much the JSA's Superman, always has been. He is the moral center that the others rally to. Captain Marvel was only briefly a member of that group and that was only to keep an eye on Black Adam.

I think if the Starheart/Alan Scott was to be directly involved in the story, we would have had some mention of it/him thusfar and the Sinestro Corps War would be a crossover event including the JSA.

Comment

Yeah I think Alan is too busy in JSA and Checkmate, he might show up once the SC hits earth but I wouldn't bet on him playing a huge role

Comment

Originally posted by Nived View Post
                      Yeah I think Alan is too busy in JSA and Checkmate, he might show up once the SC hits earth but I wouldn't bet on him playing a huge role
                      Alan hasn't been a Checkmate member in a looong time..
                      I'd love him to play a huge role in the war, but that never happens.. they never let him have any "Corps" fun..

Comment

Alan's got stuff going on in JSA, and that's where he belongs. If he shows up at all, it'll be when shit hits the fan on Earth, and ALL the Earth based heroes get involved. He's SO out of his element in space stories it isn't funny. I love Alan in his role as the JSA's big gun. I also agree, if something major were to happen to Alan, it would be in JSA, not a GL book.

And I've always said, much like the big three of the JLA are Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman...and the big three of the Avengers are Captain America, Iron Man and Thor...that the big three of the JSA are Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                          Alan's got stuff going on in JSA, and that's where he belongs. If he shows up at all, it'll be when shit hits the fan on Earth, and ALL the Earth based heroes get involved. He's SO out of his element in space stories it isn't funny. I love Alan in his role as the JSA's big gun. I also agree, if something major were to happen to Alan, it would be in JSA, not a GL book.

And I've always said, much like the big three of the JLA are Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman...and the big three of the Avengers are Captain America, Iron Man and Thor...that the big three of the JSA are Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman.
                          I agree, Dave..

Comment

Originally posted by genesistorm View Post
                            I agree, Dave..
                            Again I feel Hawkman has been replaced by Wildcat but thats MHO
                            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                              Again I feel Hawkman has been replaced by Wildcat but thats MHO
                              Yeah, the 3rd is Wildcat(IMHO too).. I think Geoff has placed Wildcat as a prominent member in this JSA run.. just look at the first meeting in JSA # 1..
                              If you read that issue you clearly see the big 3 being composed of Alan, Jay and Ted..

Comment

BTW, I'm really loving Ted in this run of JSA.. cool stuff!!

Comment

Working...
                                X