X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
    Ethan,

Why haven't you returned for the past year? Was it because of your GL Spotlight Podcast interview? Because if so, we're sorry
    I'm very shy, you needn't take any blame! But I'm here now!

EVS

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      it's an honor to get the chance to chat with you sir, my question is what is your option on brightest day and where the charachters of hal and sinestro are going. and if you were on the title how would you write it?
      Honestly, I haven't been reading Brightest Day. Yet! I'll get caught up soon. I'm up to my eyeballs in other projects, and haven't given much thought to Hal and Sinestro lately. That's awful to admit, I know!

If I were writing it, I'd have Hal smack Sinestro's forehead really, really hard, leaving a mark. And then of course, drama would follow.

EVS

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
        Honestly, I haven't been reading Brightest Day. Yet! I'll get caught up soon. I'm up to my eyeballs in other projects, and haven't given much thought to Hal and Sinestro lately. That's awful to admit, I know!

If I were writing it, I'd have Hal smack Sinestro's forehead really, really hard, leaving a mark. And then of course, drama would follow.

EVS

as a comic book artist where do you see comic book films in the future compared to today?
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• First of all, since im new here i just wanna say how happy and honoured i am to see a comic book artist of your length in this particular forum.I just loved your work in flash and in green lantern rebirth. The spectre cover just gave me the shivers when i first saw it.
          I just wanted to ask if u planning on visiting greece comicon next year or any time soon in particular for any similar event?
          kelborn3
          Sinestro's Sparring Partner
          Last edited by kelborn3; 07-07-2010, 10:21 AM.
          "I shoot him in the shoulder out of pure instinct. And in the solar plexus to get his attention. And in the trachea to see if he'd even feel it. And then I shoot him in the face. Just to piss him off."

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
            as a comic book artist where do you see comic book films in the future compared to today?
            I think there will be many, many more of them. And some will be great, and some will be terrible. Many will just be long and boring. But I think it's clear that Hollywood realizes that comics are a great source to draw from.

Comment

• Originally posted by kelborn3 View Post
              First of all, since im new here i just wanna say how happy and honoured i am to see a comic book artist of your length in this particular forum.I just loved your work in flash and in green lantern rebirth. The spectre cover just gave me the shivers when i first saw it.
              I just wanted to ask if u planning on visiting greece comicon next year or any time soon in particular for any similar event?
              Hi kelborn! No plans to come to Greece next year, sorry to say. I'd love to visit again, though. I'm coming to Europe in October, but it's to Germany! Thanks for all the nice things you said!

EVS

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
                Hi kelborn! No plans to come to Greece next year, sorry to say. I'd love to visit again, though. I'm coming to Europe in October, but it's to Germany! Thanks for all the nice things you said!

EVS

WOW ! Where exactly are you going to ( in Germany)? ?

Comment

• Originally posted by vuldarianwarrior92 View Post
                  Ethan, first I would like to say that I'm a huge fan. I'm 17 and I want to become a comic artist, what I want to ask you is how did you come to find your art style and what should I do to go forth and become a comic book artist?
                  I don't want to hijack the thread, but I just saw Ethan replying to this. Well, we still need artists for our fan fiction project, so if you don't know what to draw but want to keep practicing actual pages instead of just pinups, give us a call.
                  Blackhand, we're still looking for writers as well.

Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
                  WOW ! Where exactly are you going to ( in Germany)? ?
                  If it's October, it has to be Essen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    I don't want to hijack the thread, but I just saw Ethan replying to this. Well, we still need artists for our fan fiction project, so if you don't know what to draw but want to keep practicing actual pages instead of just pinups, give us a call.
                    Blackhand, we're still looking for writers as well.

If it's October, it has to be Essen.
                    First of all since you did it isn't it Heide-jacking and second, please PM concerning what books need artists, I'd like to see what was available and give it a whirl. Lastly is there really any other reason to visit Germany besides Oktoberfest?

Oh and EVS I've met you at a couple of different shows and wanted to say thanks for being approachable and kind. You always seemed interested in whatever story the fans were telling you and you always were available for sketches and whatnot. You are a great artist and a great person, keep it up!
                    TheGoatLantern
                    Beta-Lantern
                    Last edited by TheGoatLantern; 07-08-2010, 07:03 PM.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Yay, Ethan's back in the house!

Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
                      I do not write when I'm working with Geoff, no! I contribute ideas often, and sometimes he uses them to great effect! But I am beginning to write for the GL office now, just a LITTLE. Stay Tuned.

Best,
                      EVS
                      Would this be that Kryb story, now pulled out of the drawer? Something else?

Comment

• Hey Ethan,

You are easily one of my favorite artists of all time, I got a chance to meet you in Chicago at C2E2 this year, and it was an honor. I was wondering if you had any plans to return to artist duty on the GL or Flash ongoings written by Geoff Johns anytime soon? Or maybe another rebirth book about a Brightest Day resurrected character?

Thanks, You're the man!
                        I Bleed Green

"WHO CONTROLS WHAT NOW?" - Hal Jordan

Comment

• Mr. Van Sciver I know that your a busy man, but I was wondering if you would like to be the first guest for the Warriors Three Marvel Podcast. We can do it when it fits your schedule.

Comment

• Hey EVS just wanted to let you know you're gonna have your work cut out for you this week! GLCMB is gonna be at SDCC in force!!!!

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Glad I could convince you to come back and say hello Ethan!

You're welcome everybody!

Comment

• Ethan~ I severely enjoy your work, I like how you put so much detail into everything you do and yet still have fun with it.

Anyways, that said, I might have a "teensie" art request, whenever you're not busy of course, but you're always busy so it might not happen but I'll think I'll try asking anyways. =P

When I first signed up to these message boards, I had a spontaneous idea to create a new costume, but with all five Green Lantern suits combined together, and i'm wondering whether or not if it'll look good better in my mind or on paper lol
                                (regretably the concept for the costume is on the next page, sorry for that inconvenience)
                                As the seventh seal is broken, the four shall ride once more. Bringing the wrath of War

But what starts with War, ends with Death

Comment

Working...
                                X