X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC's Dan DiDio Out as Co-Publisher

THR: DC's Dan DiDio Out as Co-Publisher

Daaaaaaaanm!

If Geoff replaces him, DC Comics are done.

Comment

Holy smokes... this could either be really good or really bad, depending on who they fill that void with!

For right this second, going with REALLY GOOD.

Comment

Bleeding Cool: SCOOP: Dan DiDio No Longer Publisher of DC Comics, As Of Today
        Whether he was quit, fired, or pushed out, we don't yet know. We may never know. But Bleeding Cool can confirm that Dan DiDio, publisher of DC Comics is no longer publisher of DC Comics. He is gone from the company, as of today. Whatever happened, happened fast.

Bleeding Cool has confirmed with a number of sources, inside and outside of DC Comics that Dan DiDio is gone. Rumour has it that this happened from high up at Warner Bros, and was a result of high staff turnover at DC of late, issues with editorial and publishing plans, and Dan being fingered as the man responsible. But that is, right now, nothing more than rumour.

Comment

I have always appreciated him as a person. His heart is in the right place, and what he did for creators and getting them royalties was tremendous work.

Creatively, I hated every single decision he ever made at DC. Every single return, reboot, reset. I wish him all the best for the future. And I'm glad he's left DC.

Can they please get rid of Bob Harras next? Make Mark Doyle editor-in-chief. He's much better.

These are going to be exciting times.

Comment

I have too many memories of seeing him speak to fans at many Emerald City Comic Cons here in Seattle and San Diego as well so smugly and dismissively and self-righteously to have any sympathy.

Wait. They're not going to give it to Bendis, are they? I say give it to Peter Tomasi.

Comment

Like I said, don't get your hopes up. They might replace him with Geoff.

Or with some woman who "just knows" she can get as many women as men to buy comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                I have too many memories of seeing him speak to fans at many Emerald City Comic Cons here in Seattle and San Diego as well so smugly and dismissively and self-righteously to have any sympathy.

Wait. They're not going to give it to Bendis, are they? I say give it to Peter Tomasi.
                Tomasi is a big fan of Geoff, and I doubt that Bendis is.

Comment

Holy crap! I just got out of work and heard this when I saw Ethan Van Scivers livestream up with almost 2,000 people on. This is HUGE news.

And probably the beginning of the end for DC.

Comment

Apparently he's not being replaced, and Jim Lee is becoming the sole publisher. But I imagine some people under Lee could get promoted.

The fact that DiDio is gone and Lee isn't suggests that they didn't see eye to eye, although they always presented a united front in public.

Comment

Despite all of the bad that this man was responsible for, the last thing he wrote (which is/was Sideways as far as I know...) was arguably his best work and I loved the character he helped create. Yeah... the guy wasn't a fan of Wally West or Dick Grayson. However, the man fought for characters and concepts to return like OMAC, the Outsiders, Challengers of the Unknown, Metal Men, etc. And I can at least respect that.

In the near future I hope that the new bosses look to the past to see what was selling and bring back obvious books. Robin [185 issues], Impulse [90 issues], Superboy [the clone had 101 issues], Azrael [100 issues], and Steel [53 issues] all had monthly titles lasting a lot longer than most books these days. Not even gonna mention Kyle or Wally because those were obvious hits. The comics need better marketing, a long-term vision, and not just a good-to-great six issues with a follow up from different creators.

Comment

I wonder what will happen with the Metal Men mini series he is doing. 12 issues and it isn't even halfway through.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                          Holy crap! I just got out of work and heard this when I saw Ethan Van Scivers livestream up with almost 2,000 people on. This is HUGE news.

And probably the beginning of the end for DC.
                          Yeah, he's saying his inside sources say if 5G fails, DC Comics will be shuttered, possibly sold.

Comment

I said on another board long ago that the comics industry looked like a natural monopoly to me, and that Disney should consider buying DC. Of course the DC fanboys went ape-shit with outrage at that idea, but it might be what ends up happening.

Comment

WB would never sell the characters... they'd just lease the comic publishing part to someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X