The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > Games & Humor
FLASHCHAT

Games and Humor

Old 09-29-2011, 03:08 AM   #326
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post

You're just mad nobody casted your Voltron movie.

[/B]

CAST not casted
Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 AM   #327
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Lancaster View Post
Picking Strange is a hard one. There really isn't an actor out there right now who I can think of for it.
There is one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
You know who would be the perfect Dr. Strange?

Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #328
Caleb Lancaster
The Time Traveler

I actually think that one's about as bad as Bencio.
He may look somewhat of the part, but he's got none of the attitude.

Though, makes me think of who is a great pick for Strange:

Ed Quinn.
Caleb Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #329
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Lancaster View Post
I've gotta side with Kuhan here.
Bencio is a good actor, but for Strange, that's an awful fit.
Now, again, I've always been the kinda guy who thinks a Super hero should almost ALWAYS be an unknown, because there's nothing worse than everytime you see them, you think of the actor, not the character, and it's crucial when you're trying to make someone 'fly'.

Picking Strange is a hard one. There really isn't an actor out there right now who I can think of for it.

Maybe, but that's how you get George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, and Tom Welling- the guys known ONLY for one role and whose careers suffer afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
CAST not casted

I was tired, what do you want from me?
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #330
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

That's not fair to Tom. His career afterwards is only just beginning. I mean, it PROBABLY won't go anywhere, but still. And Christopher Reeve's career was obviously tragically cut short

Quote:
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #331
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
That's not fair to Tom. His career afterwards is only just beginning. I mean, it PROBABLY won't go anywhere, but still. And Christopher Reeve's career was obviously tragically cut short

Tom Welling's never been in anything other than a couple Cheaper By the Dozen movies and that shitty remake of The Fog. The most he'll ever do is work behind the camera, of which the spotlight is turned away. Actually, come to think of it, I think he produces Hellcats on the CW, so...

Christopher... while his accident was tragic, his accident occurred in 1995- almost a decade after the last Superman movie came out. he had plenty of time to find other roles, but only did a few minor feature films, some TV movies, and a guest voice spot on Frasier. Sad as it was, his career wasn't anything special after Superman.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #332
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Reeve also turned down quite a few roles and was only ~40 at the time of the accident. He still had a career ahead of him.

Quote:
Old 09-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #333
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Reeve also turned down quite a few roles and was only ~40 at the time of the accident. He still had a career ahead of him.

Turning roles down doesn't count as a career- that's like saying you almost saved someone from drowning. And he may have had some kind of career ahead of him, but it wasn't going to be on the level with Superman.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #334
Caleb Lancaster
The Time Traveler

To be fair, George's Career was also cut short, and in a time where his name was known, very well, when so many actors names weren't.
Also, Tom Welling Can't act, and Dean Cain became a very notable TV star, Not A-List stuff, but he wasn't the most A-Lister to begin with.

Also, what about Routh? His Superman is the one people hate most, and yet his Career has been pretty unaffected, landing solid roles in Scott Pilgrim, and in the TV series Chuck, plus some staring roles in plenty of semi-successful films.
Really, his success can't even be stated to be at it's height as Superman, since his other films were much better received.

I think The Doctor is much more a kiss of death than Superman(The Third Film Curse aside)
Old 09-30-2011, 01:50 AM   #335
Kuhan

Really? Because Scott Pilgrim LOST money and Dylan Dog... well...

And that's most of Routh's career

And Christopher Eccleston seems to be doing fine.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #336
Caleb Lancaster
The Time Traveler

The movie's success wouldn't be the same as the Actor's.
His credibility is still there, and he's never been responsible for the film underselling.

And Eccleston is one of so far 10 post Doctors who went no where.

Of course, the biggest thing here, is that most people who do one big character like that, don't NEED to do anything else.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #337
Kuhan

Quote:
So with rumors of it actually coming to fruition, I'm wondering what the cast would be for:

I'm going to go watch some Voltron now to come up with one. kthnxbai.
Woah, totally forgot to post this. Probably because I didn't have a pick for Allura, but really, she's just love interest eye candy, so any shitty actress could play her... Blake Lively, maybe?

Piloting the BLACK LION as COMMANDER KEITH – Joseph GORDON-LEVITT

(Keith is the leader of the Voltron Force. My version of Keith is a younger man who flew through the lower ranks to be the youngest leader in the history of the Force.)

Piloting the RED LION as LANCE – Ryan REYNOLDS

(Lance starts the film as a headstrong cadet who knows he's next in line to command Voltron. When he's placed Second-in-Command behind Keith, he doesn't take too kindly to it.)

Piloting the YELLOW LION as HUNK – Tyler LABINE

(Hunk is part of the comedy relief duo with Pidge. He's a long-time member of the Voltron Force as a member of the Maintenance Team, but is brought in to command the Yellow Lion. He is often the one who has to break up Keith and Lance's fights.)

Piloting the GREEN LION as PIDGE – Clark DUKE

(Pidge is part of the comedy relief duo with Hunk. He is the youngest recruit to the Voltron Force, but he is the smartest. After graduating college at [obscenely young age], Pidge was immediately recruited to Voltron and helped develop the lion simulators before he ever entered a lion himself. Pidge is at first reluctant to pilot the Green lion, citing various phobias, but soon accepts his role as a Defender of the Universe. TM.)

Former Pilot of the BLUE LION as SVEN – Bruce CAMPBELL

(The movie begins with Sven becoming severely injured and having to pass the Blue Lion on to Allura. Throughout the first half of the film, Sven acts as a mentor to the force, before trying to take on the role of the Blue Lion once again, before finding that he isn't a mesh with the team and returning it to Allura.)

Villains? Later maybe

The film:
We open mid-battle. We watch as Voltron battles a huge Robeast. It looks like our heroes might lose, but they pull it off in the end. A crowd gathers to celebrate and Voltron returns to 5 lions. The Voltron Force steps out of their lions, and we see them for the first time. Black Lion pilot Commander Cliff (cameo appearance by Will Smith), Red Lion pilot Jim (cameo appearance by Brad Pitt), Blue Lion pilot Sven, Yellow Lion Pilot Lucas (cameo appearance by Tom Cruise), and Green Lion Pilot (cameo appearance by Cary Elwes). The Voltron Force descend to shake hands and sign autographs, when suddenly, the Robeast returns to life and attacks the population. The Voltron Force attempts to return to their lions, but are scooped up by the Robeast, who drops Sven. It is revealed that the Robeast is being piloted by Lotor, son of King Zarkon, sworn rival of Voltron. Cackling, Lotor drops the Voltron Force, now hundreds of feet off the ground, and they fall to their deaths. Suddenly, the Blue Lion attacks Lotor's Robeast and he flees, discovering the Robeast's power is low. Later, Sven is shown in the infirmary, deliberating over a series of files, when finally, he selects 4 recruits to comprise the new Voltron Force!

And that's what I have so far.

tl;dr: The old Voltron Force is killed. The last remaining member has to select a new Force. He thinks he's going to be a member, but he's not cleared for duty. Princess Allura is given his slot as the Blue Lion. Conflict within the Force. Conflict resolves. Sven tries to take back the Blue Lion. Doesn't mesh with the team. Allura returns. They defeat Lotor.

And some stuff in between.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #338
Kuhan

Well, I suppose now that it's relevant, what would be your cast for a reboot (or a recast sequel) of:

Let's assume they're adapting an EU novel or simply redoing the original trilogy. Who would be your cast?

Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #339
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Its called Episode 7. They aren't redoing the originals.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #340
Kuhan

Yet.

Plus, they could be doing something 5 years after the original trilogy with Luke, Leia, Han, etc. I'm just saying. This IS the GAMES forum, after all.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #341
Fearless
Agent Orange

So... we could be casting elderly Luke, Leia, and Han?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #342
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

If Episode VII is 5 10 or 15 years after VI, then they would have to recast the Main Characters ..we should wait to know at least part of the plot for the movie!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:42 AM   #343
Kuhan

It's just a game, guys. This has nothing to do with what they'll actually do. I don't think any of the original characters should even appear beyond cameos or mentions. The game is who would YOU cast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
So... we could be casting elderly Luke, Leia, and Han?
Well, no, because then it'd just be Hamill, Fisher, and Ford, no?

Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #344
W.West

Fate of the Jedi launches a huge story arc, with heroic roles for the galaxy's most beloved characters—Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa Solo, and their surviving children, Ben Skywalker and Jaina Solo. While Luke and Ben set off on the journey of a lifetime—of discovery and hardship, of obstacles and victories—the others remain in more familiar territory, dealing with the aftermath of the civil war that rocked the galaxy in the Legacy of the Force."

'It has been two years since the death of Darth Caedus. Chief of State Natasi Daala has ushered the Galactic Alliance into a time of unprecedented calm, and now the entire galaxy stands poised to freely embrace the same enduring peace that Jacen Solo once sought to impose as a Sith Lord.'

In this new era, Luke Skywalker finds himself battling control of the very order he founded. After Jacen's fall to the dark side, much of the galaxy sees Jedi Knights as rogue soldiers too dangerous and unstable to leave unfettered. It is a view shared by Chief Daala, who has sworn to bring the order under government control—or disband it entirely.

But the greatest threat to the Jedi remains unseen, a faceless menace even more lethal and insidious than the Sith who have plagued the Jedi for millennia. Awakened by Jacen Solo during his five-year odyssey, this hidden peril is reaching out from the darkest corner of the galaxy, assaulting Jedi Knights in ways that even Luke has yet to perceive—but which he must quickly thwart if he is to have any hope of redeeming the New Jedi Order.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #345
MCBigman
Kyle's Nude Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
How about Preacher, to match the Aronofsky discussion? Hmmm... The Aronofsky Discussion. Sounds like an episode of Big Bang Theory.
You, sir, are one of my new favorite people.

Should I contribute? I'll contribute.

For the upcoming Michael Bay Ninja Turtles movie, here's who should be the turtles:

Kelsey Grammer as Leonardo

Brendon Fraser as Donatello

Michael C. Hall as Michelangelo

Michael Dorn as Raphael.
MCBigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #346
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I was bored so here's a casting for Yu-Gi-Oh

Seto Kaiba - Alexander Skarsgard

Mai Valentine - Eliza Dushku

Joey Wheeler - Andrew Garfield

Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #347
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Here's a good home for the idea I didn't use in the videogame adaptation draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
A Professor Layton movie starring Colin Firth as Professor Layton

and Asa Butterfield as Luke Triton

with John Rhys-Davies as Don Paolo

Old 09-26-2020, 03:06 AM   #348
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

My mcu x-men film Alexander ludwig aka bjorn ironside from Vikings for wolverine, leslie ann brant as storm, justin hartley as cyclops, Patrick stewart as professor x. Rose leslie as jean grey. Keanu reeves as mr. Sinister.

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote