The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 10-23-2020, 01:51 AM   #4026
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

BIG news this time.

Bungie has issued a cease-and-desist order against PerfectAim.com, which is a very "safe" site that allowed users to purchase cheats for games to do all sorts of things (not just nailing every headshot imaginable, but seeing enemies through walls in competitive matches and more). Every time the game updated, the cheat would have to be updated to a new version to stay usable, and installed at a root level on your computer.

Now that Bungie is threatening legal action, the site has claimed it will stop allowing cheats for Destiny 2, and once the Beyond Light expansion comes out any cheaters will be forced to either play honestly or stop playing entirely.

Aztecross has a hilarious video where he's reading forum/Discord comments from the cheaters and lapping up their bullshit tears. (I think his best quip is "There's an intelligence threshold...and this guy didn't make it").

Given how utterly rampant cheating was on the PC version of the game (especially in Trials of Osiris), this is fantastic news. It means actual players who aren't complete assholes can go into the game and stand a chance at winning their desired prizes. It means that the worst people, not just shitty excuses for gamers but outright awful people, will be kicked to the curb and not looked back upon. It means the integrity of the game will at last be upheld.

In personal Destiny 2 news, I got the three secret emblems for the Black Armory forges, but I dunno if I will be able to snag the Niobe Labs emblem (which is a bitchin' sweet one). Hopefully.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:44 AM   #4027
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

System specs for days (large pic)
Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM   #4028
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Completed the catalysts for Jade Rabbit and Tommy's Matchbook in Destiny 2, in the process unlocked the pinnacle Crucible scout rifle Randy's Throwing Knife (default paint job on it is ugly, by the way). I've still got 50-odd activities to complete before I can unlock Eriana's Vow catalyst, which is an insane grindfest and I wish Bungie had given more thought to it before crafting such an absolute slog.

This week I should be able to put the time aside to get Izanagi's Burden, Outbreak Perfect, and maybe Wish-Ender. I might also be able to get Exit Strategy from Gambit and at least move closer to getting the Dredgen title. Think I might also be able to get a few collectibles. I also need to clean out my stash again. I did take a minute to delete several quests I cannot complete without grinding solely on them, and I don't feel it's worth it (I'd have to have the coming week off and do nothing but play all day and half every night, and that shit isn't happening).

Division 2 I have weird luck: I seem to get pieces that have two very good stats that I then cannot pick which to absorb into the stat library. I have reached season rank 42 so I am fairly sure I should unlock the rank 55 exotic sub-machine gun before the season ends in 6 weeks (hard to think that I won't in such time, but I know I cannot possibly get the backpack without a team of total bros carrying me through a great many heroic-grade missions). Actually, since I have a semi-tolerable build at the moment, I might put a mission on challenging and call as many helpful players as possible, see what happens; it'll probably be rough but it's a chance I'm willing to take.

Also very pleased to see that not only is Mortal Shell out, but that it's only $30 tops (on sale currently on PSN for Halloween). I need to grab Dragon's Crown Pro and possibly The Mummy Demastered before the sale ends.