No announcement yet.

5 Reasons Kyle Needs a New Suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was that a real thing? It sounds like something they'd do back then, but I don't remember it?

Comment

• I would love to see a new Mosaic series, but for me it would only be ideal if it had the old one still in continuity to reference. I don't really want to see it redone, but rather picked up again and continued.

Of course that would never happen nowadays, and even I have to admit that trying to force it would probably be a mistake, much as I would love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        I would love to see a new Mosaic series, but for me it would only be ideal if it had the old one still in continuity to reference. I don't really want to see it redone, but rather picked up again and continued.

Of course that would never happen nowadays, and even I have to admit that trying to force it would probably be a mistake, much as I would love it.
        It would be very much the same. It would be set on Oa among he Mosaic cities, and the Guardians would be seen very little if at all. The biggest difference is that it would be in my style, with six panels per page and a complete story every four issues.

I wouldn't do the kind of reboots where you'd see the origin stories for the zillionth time. I'd just start telling stories, and nothing would definitely be in continuity unless I said so. So no prior knowledge would be necessary.

In terms of Mosaic, the cities would already be on Oa. You'd get a prologue that told that part. So then Oa would need a Green Lantern...
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-31-2014, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Like Spy said months ago, 'Give him to me...'

Only difference is I know he sells better on Earth. And he'd still be a NIN fan until the day he or Reznor dies or pisses the other off. Also already had a suit in mind...

Now if I can just get around to writing the fanfic behind the art I'd be better off in explaining how I'd handle things. But look at my Dark Lantern story after I brought Kyle back to Earth. He dealt with Sinestro while still in space, then fought Parallax AND Oblivion in NYC in a matter of days/weeks in continuity within the pre-New52 story. I'm still proud of that whole story and hate the new52 kinda killed my interest for writing more.

~KL~

Comment

• Originally posted by LanternJake View Post

Epic foreshadowing right here !!
            Alex's raiders logo kind of looks like the black lantern symbol.

I kid , I kid.
            Now that I think about it, the colors of the sun and the horizon bode quite ill for Alex...
            "A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders."

Comment

• Did this quite a while ago but oh well.
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• ^^^That again? LOL

~KL~

Comment

• Oh, did I already post it somewhere?
                  Originally posted by IonFan
                  (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                  Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                  If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                  Originally posted by Quaker
                  I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• I always liked how Kyle's first look really set him apart because of how much of it was black. I also liked how graphic it was, but I wasn't totally in love with that white panel, so I drew this:
                    Kane2814
                    Weaponer of Qward
                    Last edited by Kane2814; 03-13-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• I found this one and thought it did a good job of updating the original.
                      Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• Cool

Comment

• The last one isn't much of an update. Adding black into the wrist gauntlets and making the armored bits more detailed and adding the Ion symbols back on his arms is too much. Though I always liked the idea of the Lanterns being green on black like that in the shoulders. I'll come up with something new tonight since it's obvious Kyle will return to being a GL rather than a WL. Maybe he and renegade Hal can save the Corps and finally be buddy cops like they never have been.

~KL~

Comment

• Here he is, there's an explanation behind Kyle not having a standard suit or a ring...

Might do a fanfic of this just for giggles.

~KL~

Comment

• The Kyle and Hal team up to save the Corps would be an excellent story. One that I would definitely read. Especially if they kill off Simon Baz in the process of that story arc. I don't see why he was created in the first place. He's not a very good character at all. We kind of already have a similar character in John Stewart, shy of their races they are essentially the same character with the same mindset. Neither of their constructs are very cool or original.

Comment

Working...
                              X