The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 04-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #2401
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

so, has any1 seen Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay yet??

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:22 PM   #2402
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
so, has any1 seen Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay yet??
I only go with disc, so I gotta wait a week yet at least.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:50 AM   #2403
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Is it like a sequel to that Batman Arkham animated movie that was really a Suicide Squad movie? Because I REALLY liked that one and would love to see more of that Squad.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:55 AM   #2404
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Just found the trailer. That is exactly what I want to see!
Old 04-03-2018, 01:30 AM   #2405
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
Is it like a sequel to that Batman Arkham animated movie that was really a Suicide Squad movie? Because I REALLY liked that one and would love to see more of that Squad.
it is, and it's good. to me at least
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #2406
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen View Post
it is, and it's good. to me at least
its not only a sequel to that, but is also a sequel to The Flashpoint Paradox, and I agree w/Chosen in that I rather enjoyed it as well (plus, was good to see Bronze Tiger & Silver Banshee get used).

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #2407
Tazer

Yo.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/harley-q...on-1202365866/

Quote:
Cathy Yan Is Warner Bros’ Choice To Direct Margot Robbie In Next Harley Quinn Film

Tazer

Quote:
Old 04-17-2018, 10:42 PM   #2408
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Breaking News: Spielberg Enters the World of DC with "Blackhawk"
Quote:
Fresh on the heels of Ready Player One (which features cameo appearances by Batman, Harley Quinn, Batgirl and more), Steven Spielberg is ready to dive into the DC Universe proper with Blackhawk, a just-announced feature film from Spielberg, Amblin Entertainment and Warner Bros. Pictures based on the classic DC series about a squadron of WWII-era pilots. Blackhawk, which Spielberg is hoping to direct, will be his first featured centered around characters from the DC Universe.

In announcing the film, Warner Bros. Pictures Group Chairman Toby Emmerich said, “We are so proud to be the studio behind Steven Spielberg’s latest hit, and are thrilled to be working with him again on this new action adventure. We can’t wait to see what new ground he will break in introducing Blackhawk to movie audiences worldwide.”

The screenplay for Blackhawk is being written by frequent Spielberg collaborator David Koepp, who was the screenwriter on Spielberg’s Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, War of the Worlds and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Spielberg will produce the film together with Kristie Macosko Krieger, under the Amblin Entertainment banner, while Sue Kroll will executive produce, under her Kroll & Co. Entertainment shingle.

In the world of comics, Blackhawk is a wartime adventure series focusing on the titular Blackhawk, who commanded a squadron of ace pilots also known as the Blackhawks or the Blackhawk Squadron. The squadron would battle the Axis powers, as well as more fantastic super-villains and war machines, such as the memorable shark planes, which could operate in water as well as in the air. While the team debuted in 1941 in the heart of comics' Golden Age, they’ve also been adapted to the modern era as a part of The New 52 and have spawned a well-known DC heroine, Lady Blackhawk, who joined the series in the late 1950s.

Spielberg noted, “It was wonderful working with the team at Warner Bros. to bring Ready Player One to the screen. They bring a blend of passion and professionalism to everything they do and have a tremendous history in this genre. I am excited to reunite with them on Blackhawk.”

Expect much more on this going forward, but for now, let us know your thoughts on seeing the high-flying Blackhawks on the big screen!
Old 04-18-2018, 12:37 AM   #2409
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Holy crap!! That is amazing news!!! I love me some Blackhawks. There was a time in the 90s when a Blackhawk movie was in development, but then The Phantom and The Shadow bombed and that was effectively the end of it. Glad to hear this is coming around again.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:36 AM   #2410
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Collider: Henry Cavill on the Status of ‘Man of Steel 2’ and His DCEU Contract
Quote:
I know some of you have issues with the DC movie universe. I get it. Films like Batman v Superman and Justice League haven’t been as awesome as we want them to be especially when you compare the movies to what Marvel has been able to accomplish over the past decade. What Marvel does isn’t easy. In fact, if you talk to anyone in the industry, the one things everyone will say is making one great movie is hard, and making a huge cinematic universe work is next to impossible. But movie after movie, Marvel keeps churning out massive global blockbusters with fantastic reviews and it’s one of the reasons DC fans are a bit restless with the DC movie universe.

But things are changing.

WB recently changed a lot of the leadership at the studio and the people running the DC movie universe are hard at work making sure the films being produced are movies that properly represent the amazing timeless characters that have entertained generations.

But while a lot of the recent DC films have easily recognizable flaws, there is one that I will constantly defend to my dying breath: Man of Steel. I love everything about this film, from the amazing Hans Zimmer score to the way Henry Cavill portrayed a realistic and grounded Clark Kent/Superman. If the movie starts to play on cable, you might as well forget about me until it’s over. While it’s all but confirmed that Ben Affleck won’t be back as Batman, I truly hope Henry Cavill is DCs Superman for the foreseeable future. Which, from what I’m hearing, might be happening.

Over the past month or two, I’ve been hearing rumblings that Henry Cavill was in negotiations with the studio to extend his DC contract beyond the one picture that’s still left on his deal. The rumor I heard was they wanted to make Superman the glue that ties all the DC movies together, which would feature the iconic character making small, but memorable, appearances in all the movies sort of like the way Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury pops up in most of the Marvel movies. However, while the rumors have been pretty loud from some very reliable sources, I couldn’t get anything 100% confirmed, so it’s still all in the rumor category.

But yesterday at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, I was able to talk with Henry Cavill on the Paramount red carpet for the insane looking Mission: Impossible – Fallout. While I’ll have so much more to say about the jaw dropping new footage soon (which included Cavill doing his own stunts like jumping out a plane at 30,000 feet to film something you cannot believe), towards the end of the interview I asked about the status of Man of Steel 2 and his DC contract. Regarding the Man of Steel sequel, Cavill was very careful with his wording and said:

“I’m having a lot of conversations, behind-the-scenes, with certain people and we will hopefully be having conversations with other people who are also behind-the-scenes to make things start happening. It is very much in my desire to do a Man of Steel 2, a direct sequel to Man of Steel, and there is a whole bunch of Superman story that I want to tell. There is a whole style of Superman’s character that I’m very keen to tell and I’m looking forward to the opportunity.”

Reading between the lines, he wants to make a Superman movie that shows the qualities of the iconic character that we saw glimpses of at the end of Justice League. Like him, we all want to see a heroic and optimistic Superman. One that smiles as he saves people. A character that everyone can look to for hope and inspiration.

But after he gave me his carefully worded answer, I decided to ask about the rumors I’ve been hearing about his DC contract. As you’ll immediately see, he starts to look at someone off camera and smile, like maybe I hit on something they’ve been working on behind-the-scenes. After we get past the smiles, he talks about that no matter how many films are left on his contract, he really wants to continue playing the character, and as a huge fan of his portrayal of the character, I really hope this happens.

I feel like DC is on the cusp of taking great steps forward and hope to see Cavil remain as the Man of Steel.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:07 PM   #2411
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
DC Universe is a first-of-its kind, immersive digital experience designed just for DC fans. One of the many incredible things your membership will include is unlimited access to the following exclusive original series.
Quote:
The air is heavy, damp and almost suffocating. The moon shines fearfully through a patchwork blanket of clouds and dense, looming treetops. The night’s utterly silent except for the hum of frogs and cicadas, and the occasional splash of water that’s likely an alligator or snake. Or is it? It almost sounds like footsteps, and that gimmer up ahead really does look like it could be a red pair of eyes…

Welcome to the world of Swamp Thing, one of the most groundbreaking and critically acclaimed stories to ever make its way to print…and soon to the small screen.
Quote:
Swamp Thing is the latest original series to be announced for the DC Universe digital experience, and it comes to us care of a name that DC (and horror) fans will likely know—James Wan, who will serve as an Executive Producer of the series along with Mark Verheiden (Ash vs. The Evil Dead, Daredevil, Constantine), Gary Dauberman (It, Annabelle: Creation) and Michael Clear (Lights Out, Annabelle: Creation).

While much about the series is unknown, the official description does suggest that it won’t stray too far from the world and characters that fans love:

When CDC researcher Abby Arcane returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, in order to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland—only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, intent on exploiting the swamp’s mysterious properties for their own purposes, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous—and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all.
Quote:
Swamp Thing, for anyone out there who doesn’t know, is based on characters from DC created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. He first appeared in 1971’s HOUSE OF SECRETS #92 before earning his own ongoing comic written and drawn by Wein and Wrightson. Over the years, the SWAMP THING comic has been written by a dream team of visionary comic book writers including Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, Brian K. Vaughan and Scott Snyder. Moore’s iconic SAGA OF THE SWAMP THING broke new ground when it came to sophisticated, mature storytelling and helped pave the way for what would eventually become Vertigo Comics—a line that Swamp Thing would eventually join before making his way back to the DCU during The New 52.

Swamp Thing also has quite a history outside the world of comics. Most famously, the character served as the inspiration for the 1982 Wes Craven Swamp Thing movie, its 1989 sequel The Return of Swamp Thing and a USA network television series that ran from 1990-1993, all of which starred stuntman Dick Durock in the title role. The character also had an animated series that ran at roughly the same time as the live action one, and has since shown up in animated shows and movies such as Justice League Unlimited, Justice League Action and Justice League Dark, as well as video games like Injustice 2. There was also a Constantine Easter Egg that nodded to the existence of Swamp Thing, but the character never actually appeared on the show.
Quote:
Wan’s Swamp Thing series is scheduled to debut in 2019, and is the fifth original series announced for DC Universe, DC’s upcoming digital service (the name of which was just revealed today), and will come on the heels of Titans, Young Justice: Outsiders, Harley Quinn and Metropolis. DC Universe promises to be a first-of-its-kind digital experience designed with DC fans in mind, of which the announced original series will be an exciting part.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:09 PM   #2412
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

'Swamp Thing' TV Series in the Works for DC Digital Platform With James Wan Attached
Quote:
DC Entertainment's forthcoming SVOD service DC Universe is bringing one of the most beloved comic book characters to the small screen.

Following a months-long deal-making process, DC Universe has put DC Comics' Swamp Thing in development. The drama, based on DC characters created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson, has a script-to-series order. That means if the script comes in well, the drama would then be picked up straight to series.

Mark Verheiden (Battlestar Galactica, Netflix's Daredevil) and Gary Dauberman (It and its forthcoming sequel) are attached to co-write the script and serve as showrunners on the live-action drama. James Wan (Aquaman) will exec produce alongside his Atomic Monster banner topper Michael Clear, with the company's Rob Hackett set as a co-exec producer. Verheiden and Dauberman will also exec produce the live-action drama.

The drama follows what happens when CDC researcher Abby Arcane returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, in order to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus. There, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland — only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, intent on exploiting the swamp’s mysterious properties for their own purposes, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous — and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all.

Swamp Thing first appeared in the 1970s and '80s under Moore, Steve Bissette and John Totleben. Over the years, several writers have taken on the character including Alan Moore, Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man) and, most recently, co-creator Wein for a six-issue miniseries in 2016. Wrightson announced his retirement in January 2017 and passed away in March. Wein died last September.

The property has been adapted multiple times over the years, including a 1982 feature written and directed by Wes Craven and based on the character created by Wein and Bernie Wrightson starring Ray Wise. (Jim Wynorski directed the 1989 sequel.) In 1990, USA Network aired a live-action TV series from Joseph Stefano that ran for three seasons, with Fox producing a short-lived animated series in the early 1990s that aired in Canada after it was pulled from the schedule. (Syfy later aired it in syndication.)

Wan next has DC's Aquaman, which he co-wrote and directed, due in December. His credits include the Saw, The Conjuring and Insidious franchises. On the TV side, he directed the pilot for CBS' MacGyver reboot and exec produces the reboot. He's repped by Paradigm, Stacey Testro International and attorney David Fox.

For Verheiden, Swamp Thing is his latest DC drama following NBC's Constantine and WB Network/CW's Smallville. Repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and Nelson Davis, his credits include Starz's Ash vs. Evil Dead, Marvel's Daredevil TV series for Netflix, NBC's Heroes and Syfy's Battlestar Galactia.

Dauberman, meanwhile, will reunite with Wan after writing Annabelle and its sequel. He's repped by ICM Partners, Industry Entertainment and Felker Toczek.

Should Swamp Thing go to series, it would join a roster of scripted originals at Warner Bros. Digital Networks' DC Universe platform including straight-to-series live-action Superman prequel Metropolis, Titans, from Greg Berlanti; and a pair of animated series from Warner Bros. Animation — Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders. The DC Digital service is poised to launch in 2018.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:29 PM   #2413
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Wake me up if they decide to continue GL: The Animated Series. (Though really, there's pretty much nothing they could do that would actually make me subscribe to their service...short of making it free.)

I've already decided to ignore all DC shows on TV now, except The Flash, and that's hanging by a thread. A decent GL series (especially one that picked up where GL:TAS left off) would make me wait excitedly for the DVD release, but it wouldn't get me to subscribe.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 05-02-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:04 AM   #2414
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
...I've already decided to ignore all DC shows on TV now, except The Flash, and that's hanging by a thread. A decent GL series (especially one that picked up where GL:TAS left off) would make me wait excitedly for the DVD release, but it wouldn't get me to subscribe.

Ditto, though the Harley series intrigues me. I'll probably Netflix it when it's all done. I don't like to get stuck with ongoing shows if I can help it (which I mostly can). If I can resist subscribing for a new Star Trek, these aren't going to get me.

Last edited by Space Cop; 05-03-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:46 AM   #2415
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

They had me at Swamp Thing. Where in the hell is Dave with this news floating around?

- Ω
Old 05-03-2018, 01:48 AM   #2416
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post

I've already decided to ignore all DC shows on TV now, except The Flash, and that's hanging by a thread. A decent GL series (especially one that picked up where GL:TAS left off) would make me wait excitedly for the DVD release, but it wouldn't get me to subscribe.
Black lightning is the best show on tv. You're missing out
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:23 AM   #2417
IonFan
Forum Member

thanks but no thanks i'll look at these shows illegally or on Netflix

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:14 PM   #2418
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chosen" View Post
Black lightning is the best show on tv. You're missing out
Too grim for me, sorry.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:38 AM   #2419
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωmega Man View Post
They had me at Swamp Thing. Where in the hell is Dave with this news floating around?

- Ω
I don't want to sign up for this service, but because of this ONE show I'm probably going to have to. A Swamp Thing series? I'm there.

I really hope they play this as a straight up horror series. The premise sounds similar to what they did with the Wes Craven movie. Skip the wife Linda, move right to Abby being the love interest. I notice she is an Arcane and not Cable which is telling about where they want to go with stories. And making her a LA native and not European (which even comic writers tend to forget). That said, the premise does work or COULD work. Depends on how serious they take this show. I don't want any camp, goofiness, fun or humor. Save that for other properties.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #2420
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
I don't want any camp, goofiness, fun or humor. Save that for other properties.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:03 AM   #2421
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Huh. We'll see then.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:31 PM   #2422
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Looks like we have our Outsiders...

Can't tell who a few of them are. I'm guessing the girl hovering is maybe Solstice? No idea about the four armed alien or the guy in the Gambit mask....

EDIT: Maybe the four armed guy is a new spin on Ridge from the New52 Ravagers comics series?

- Ω
Old 05-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #2423
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

He looks a bit too buff, but my money is on Forager Bug.

And the guy in green is probably Geo Force.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:46 AM   #2424
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
DC Universe, the new DC digital experience that was announced formally earlier this month, is about to get weird.

Doom Patrol, based on the seminal superhero team known for its strange heroes and arguably stranger villains, is the latest original live action series to be announced for the upcoming digital service. Produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Doom Patrol has been given a 13-episode series order and will begin production this year for a 2019 debut on DC Universe. The Doom Patrol television series will be executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns, Jeremy Carver and Sarah Schechter.
Quote:
Fans of the team and characters will find much to appreciate in the series description, which was released today:

DOOM PATROL is a re-imagining of one of DC’s most beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol's members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities—but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence—and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them. Picking up after the events of TITANS, DOOM PATROL will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #2425
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

That premise they are going with for the Doom Patrol tv show is PERFECT. I can't ask for more than that. On paper anyway. Time will tell on if the show actually delivers on that. But so far as a DP fan that description is what I WANT.