Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern #35 *Preview/Spoilers* (Godhead Act 1 Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern #35 *Preview/Spoilers* (Godhead Act 1 Part 2)

Green Lantern #35 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Billy Tan

11.11%
    44.44%
    11.11%
    33.33%
    0.00%

That cover looks like a shitty metalcore shirt.
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Billy Tan cannot draw Hal well to save his life.
      "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
      Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
      Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
      who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
      to change the world. This time, Lord...
      Let me be worthy."

Comment

Nah. Still nothing there.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
          Billy Tan cannot draw well to save his life.
          Fixed it for you.

Comment

Didn't like Part Two as much as One, but it was okay.

My biggest gripe is why don't they just take another ring from the foundry for Mogo? Or if they can't without the GotU, couldn't they just ask a rookie to give up their ring until this is solved? I mean, Mogo seems like a priority.

Comment

That's such a terrible drawing of Hal. Even worse, when you glance at it, it looks like he has the grey temples a la Emerald Twilight because of the lighting... and I can't stand the way Tan draws Hal's hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                Didn't like Part Two as much as One, but it was okay.

My biggest gripe is why don't they just take another ring from the foundry for Mogo? Or if they can't without the GotU, couldn't they just ask a rookie to give up their ring until this is solved? I mean, Mogo seems like a priority.
                Yeah, that seems obvious. Perhaps they retconned in Mogo's ring being unique in some way?

Comment

Poll up!

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    Yeah, that seems obvious. Perhaps they retconned in Mogo's ring being unique in some way?
                    They had to do it like this to build tension, which is obvious despite earlier comments. I do like how they mentioned him being a "living planet" and that they thought they were all gone or something along those lines. Technically, since the New Gods are aware of the Multiverse, they may also be aware of Ego, or a DC counterpart of such (if one was to exist).

I"m on board with this storyline so far, but I find it odd that the New Gods are that powerful. They brush off Lantern Power like it's nothing at all. I get that they're Gods and all, but eventually the Lanterns will have to be able to hurt them right? As it stands, I don't see how they can, unless they tap into an even deeper source of Will, Fear, Love etc, which reminds me of DBZ style power levels.
                    sigpic
                    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

What's worse is that it makes no sense that removing Mogo's ring would hurt him in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                        What's worse is that it makes no sense that removing Mogo's ring would hurt him in any way.
                        Well, actually we have precedent in the comics for Mogo losing "consciousness" without a ring. What we don't have precedent for is not being able to just replace it. I mean, in the confrontation with the New Gods, at least one GL was killed. Gee, I wonder where they could get another ring for Mogo...

Comment

It was a good issue but I was at a lost with regards of the things that had happened in here being Part 2 of the story arc. Had to get myself GodHead #1 to have a better understanding of the things that happened in this issue.

http://www.green-bloggers-site.com

Comment

I thought Mogo's ring was in his core?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                              Well, actually we have precedent in the comics for Mogo losing "consciousness" without a ring.
                              If he's dormant without a ring...then how was he chosen for the Corps in the first place? And we've seen other living planets that are not dormant without rings.
                              What we don't have precedent for is not being able to just replace it. I mean, in the confrontation with the New Gods, at least one GL was killed. Gee, I wonder where they could get another ring for Mogo...
                              Absolutely agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X