The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 4
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 4

Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #76
Disjaukifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I didn't even click the link. Who the hell would pay $50.00 for a FREE comic book
I wouldn't pay 50 . . . but to get the comic a whole month early and it having a variant cover I was willing to pay good little bit . . . nothing stupid mind you .
Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #77
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjaukifa View Post
I wouldn't pay 50 . . . but to get the comic a whole month early and it having a variant cover I was willing to pay good little bit . . . nothing stupid mind you .
I'm not sure I'd WANT to get it early. I think it would just drive me nuts to get this that early, and then know that I'd have to wait at LEAST 3 months for any follow-up, possibly longer with all the delays.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #78
Disjaukifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm not sure I'd WANT to get it early. I think it would just drive me nuts to get this that early, and then know that I'd have to wait at LEAST 3 months for any follow-up, possibly longer with all the delays.
That is true. However it would still been neat to have owned, especially since it had "Retailer Summit Sketch Variant" printed across the cover. I think it would have been a great issue to own just for the uniqueness about it.

-Disjaukifa
Old 03-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #79
12OzEpilogue
Alan's Drycleaner

This is actually the second time he pulled it down or it was pulled down. I think it is getting removed or something because it is so far before the summit.
12OzEpilogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #80
Disjaukifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12OzEpilogue View Post
This is actually the second time he pulled it down or it was pulled down. I think it is getting removed or something because it is so far before the summit.
Yeah you are probably correct. Still I hope I can get my hands on a variant cover of Blackest Night once it comes out . . .

-Disjaukifa
Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #81
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12OzEpilogue View Post
Interesting for the variant collectors out there...

Link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GREEN-LANTERN-BL...ayphotohosting

Oh, come on! A variant for a FREE comic?!?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:58 AM   #82
Disjaukifa

Hey Guys,

Well I happened to be roaming the internet during my lunch break when I came across this. I bought it, yes I bought a free comic. Yes its a variant cover on a free cover, and yes I think its really kewl.

If you are wondering why I think its neat, its because I have discovered I am a variant cover addict. I love variant covers and I want them all. Don't know why but I love all of them. ANYWAYS, it has been shipped to me and I will have it in my hands Monday. Here is a picture. I will post better pictures of the cover on Monday after work.

Please note this picture was taken with a cell phone hence the funny color and fuzziness.

-Disjaukifa
Old 03-28-2009, 04:07 AM   #83
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Well sir...that book is a month away from being released through retail. So, excuse me while I leave this thread for fear of future spoilers.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:08 AM   #84
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
ANYWAYS, it has been shipped to me and I will have it in my hands Monday.
Then I think on Monday you will be a celebrity around here.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:20 AM   #85
Disjaukifa

Quote:
Well sir...that book is a month away from being released through retail. So, excuse me while I leave this thread for fear of future spoilers.
The funny thing is I am not sure I am even going to put up spoiler or other images other than the cover and back cover. I going to have to think about it.

And if I do any spoilers I am not sure what I am going to do . . . I don't know yet . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Then I think on Monday you will be a celebrity around here.
Honestly I didn't even think about that when I bought it or posted it . . . I just keep thinking about how some member thought it was odd to have a variant for a free comic.

-Disjaukifa
Old 03-28-2009, 04:22 AM   #86
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Send a message via AIM to Old School

I will call him on it and say you can email me the pics that are inside. you do have my email address

thanks
Old 03-28-2009, 04:33 AM   #87
Disjaukifa

Honestly I was very surprised I was able to nab this issues for two reasons. One I just happened to come across it as it was being listed which was shear luck .

Two I have no idea how the seller got the issue . I can only assume that the person works for DC and has access to the issue and gets them early somehow. Again this issue is not going to be released till May 2nd and I will have it in hand on March 30th .

Hahaha seems kind of backwards from the issue #39 of Green Lantern right now

-Disjaukifa

Last edited by Disjaukifa; 03-28-2009 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:45 AM   #88
Mewzard
Say what you will about masturbation...

I'd love to see some scans. It's incredibly lucky of you to find that. Congrats.

Come listen to our cast, and have a ball while you're at it! : D
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:50 AM   #89
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Honestly I was very surprised I was able to nab this issues for two reasons. One I just happened to come across it as it was being listed which was shear luck .

Two I have no idea how the seller got the issue . I can only assume that the person works for DC and has access to the issue and gets them early somehow. Again this issue is not going to be released till May 2nd and I will have it in hand on March 30th .

Hahaha seems kind of backwards from the issue #39 of Green Lantern right now

-Disjaukifa

yeah so again email me the contents I would love to see it as im sure a shit load of us would.

dont dangle the carrot to the rest of us bunnies if your not willing to share
Old 03-28-2009, 04:53 AM   #90
Disjaukifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
yeah so again email me the contents I would love to see it as im sure a shit load of us would.

dont dangle the carrot to the rest of us bunnies if your not willing to share
I will not post the images direct in the forum for those who want to wait, that was the point I was trying to get across. I can understand why some would want to wait and get a copy of the issue themselves before reading it. However for the people that want it, shoot my a pm please with an email address.

-Disjaukifa
Old 03-28-2009, 05:10 AM   #91
Limelantern
Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern

Are you sure it was not a scam?
Old 03-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #92
Disjaukifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelantern View Post
Are you sure it was not a scam?
99.2% sure that its not a scam. I thought about that myself when I was looking at this saying it was way to good to be true, however for the price I thought it was worth it.

Also I already have a tracking number and have confirmed that it has indeeded been shipped. While that does guarantee that the comic is real, it does show me at least it was shipped.

If it turns out to be fake comic, I have a way to get my money back . . . the joys of eBay. Also he had perfect feedback so yeah.

I will know Monday!!!

-Disjaukifa
Old 03-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #93
Disjaukifa

Hey,

Here is a new image of the comic, its the same as before but I enhanced it so it wasn't as dark.

-Disjaukifa
Old 03-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #94
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I will not post the images direct in the forum for those who want to wait, that was the point I was trying to get across. I can understand why some would want to wait and get a copy of the issue themselves before reading it. However for the people that want it, shoot my a pm please with an email address.

-Disjaukifa

and I said you already have my email address.

so you can email me it

edited- and to help you out, you can email me the pages at teentitan2002@aol.com and if anyone else wants to see them, I will gladly foward them to that person as well. p/m me your email address

now your load just got lighter buddy.

and im off monday too

Last edited by Old School; 03-28-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #95
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Hey,

Here is a new image of the comic, its the same as before but I enhanced it so it wasn't as dark.

-Disjaukifa
Is it just me, or does that look smaller than a regular comic in comparison to that hand that is holding it? Not a lot, so I may just be nuts, but the size DOES look a bit off from standard to me.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #96
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

I was even thinking its the cover dc posted, someone printed it and then stuff other pages in there to make it look fuller.

I guess we'll find out monday
Old 03-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #97
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
and I said you already have my email address.

so you can email me it

edited- and to help you out, you can email me the pages at teentitan2002@aol.com and if anyone else wants to see them, I will gladly foward them to that person as well. p/m me your email address

now your load just got lighter buddy.

and im off monday too
Why email, it'd be a lot easier if he just sent you a return PM after you requested proof.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #98
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Why email, it'd be a lot easier if he just sent you a return PM after you requested proof.
I wasn't aware our p/m boxes can show images like emails can good to know.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #99
Disjaukifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Is it just me, or does that look smaller than a regular comic in comparison to that hand that is holding it? Not a lot, so I may just be nuts, but the size DOES look a bit off from standard to me.
Yeah I have wonder the same thing. I asked my LCS and they told free comics are sometime slightly smaller as to not get them confused with standard comics.

Quote:
I was even thinking its the cover dc posted, someone printed it and then stuff other pages in there to make it look fuller.

I guess we'll find out monday
If that is so, I am going to get my money back . . . thank the guardians for paypal. However the seller had really good feedback, like really really good and has been an eBay for the past 6 years I believe. Not someone you just joined, bought 10 e-downloads online and is now selling stuff that is actually a scam.

Another thing is the seller has answered all my questions quickly and accurately. I find with scammers there seems to be mistakes and delays.

Just my two cents. I will let ya'll know monday.

Thanks
Disjaukifa
Old 03-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #100
12OzEpilogue
Alan's Drycleaner

The seller was Earth 2 comics. They are pretty reputable. I've bought from them before, no problems. At least I reckon that is who it was since it was who had the original auction. They answered some questions I sent about it, too.
12OzEpilogue is offline   Reply With Quote