The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
View Poll Results: Flash: Rebirth #1
* 3 6.98%
** 0 0%
*** 5 11.63%
**** 19 44.19%
***** 16 37.21%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #326
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Another BAD thing about this issue. Though I might be wrong...

Barry's dad is arrested for the murder of his wife Nora(though I'm pretty sure he'll end being framed for it), but this would be a blatant retcon because not only did Barry's parents have a wonderful marriage but they BOTH outlived BARRY! They didn't die until after COIE.....
Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #327
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

wtf...

Mr Retcon strikes again...

damn... can't he just leave one book alone... please, for the love of all that is holy, for gods sake, just leave one book's history alone

M
Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #328
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

My guess is that Geoff wants a darker Barry? Give him a reason to always be running....

I don't like it at all. Its so unnecessary. Its ridiculous. I feel like he's trying to make Barry like Hal and Bruce...or every other hero. Like Barry has to be modernized by killing off his mom....
Old 04-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #329
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

i actually feel physically sick...

M
Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #330
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

I loved this issue, but the two aspects of the book that I did like is Barts representation of Barrys return, and the fact that Barry feels like he is on borrowed time and cant waist a single moment
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #331
12OzEpilogue
Alan's Drycleaner

This is the first Flash comic I've ever read, and I liked it pretty well. I would probably be pissed if I knew a ton about his continuity like the others here, though. Seems pretty silly to have every character with dead parents through some tragedy. They should have left that alone. Pretty much the only part of it I thought was lame, and then I get on here to read about that. I don't care for the emphasis on Hal's dad in GL either, though, so it is only natural for me to not really care about the parent stuff I suppose.
12OzEpilogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #332
ion.nai
existential absurdist

Send a message via MSN to ion.nai

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos View Post
wtf...

Mr Retcon strikes again...

damn... can't he just leave one book alone... please, for the love of all that is holy, for gods sake, just leave one book's history alone

M
We all know that he can't.

you ever go round to a friends house and play with action figures as a kid? And both of you are trying to be a part of what is happening, except the other kid has the better toys and won't let you use them unless he's in control of what is happening? Johns is that fucker. The DC universe will soon enough be the GJ Universe.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #333
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Flipped through it at the LCS...I'll wait for the TPB.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #334
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12OzEpilogue View Post
This is the first Flash comic I've ever read, and I liked it pretty well. I would probably be pissed if I knew a ton about his continuity like the others here, though. Seems pretty silly to have every character with dead parents through some tragedy. They should have left that alone. Pretty much the only part of it I thought was lame, and then I get on here to read about that. I don't care for the emphasis on Hal's dad in GL either, though, so it is only natural for me to not really care about the parent stuff I suppose.
That's the gripe I have about it. For people like you who have never read a Barry comic or even a Flash comic, they'll think that this is apart of his origin. That's completely unnecessary. Why must every hero be a tortured soul? I hope this will be explained later but as of right now, Geoff is certainly making a fool of himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion.nai View Post
We all know that he can't.

you ever go round to a friends house and play with action figures as a kid? And both of you are trying to be a part of what is happening, except the other kid has the better toys and won't let you use them unless he's in control of what is happening? Johns is that fucker. The DC universe will soon enough be the GJ Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
Flipped through it at the LCS...I'll wait for the TPB.
I can't blame you. Though it is a much better read then you probably think right now.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #335
Maverick_GL

I'm sure it is a great read, will probably be awesome. I just don't feel like buying it yet. You never know though, there was like 40 at the LCS, and the dude said everyone that wanted one got them on their pull list. If it's still there next week I might pick it up.

Didn't bother with JSA this week either for that matter.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #336
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Send a message via AIM to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
I'm sure it is a great read, will probably be awesome. I just don't feel like buying it yet. You never know though, there was like 40 at the LCS, and the dude said everyone that wanted one got them on their pull list. If it's still there next week I might pick it up.

Didn't bother with JSA this week either for that matter.
jsa was not so special.

i might be dropping it
Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #337
GLspotlight
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GLspotlight

I am among those who don't like the retcon of Barry's parents but at the same time. I'm waiting to see how it plays out. I still loved this issue but at the same time. I think our mysterious killer is the Rival.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #338
Limelantern
Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern

If you don't think the killer is Hunter, who do you think it is?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #339
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Loved it.

Only things: Who killed the crooked cops in the lab and doused themselves with chemicals and lightning if not Zoom using the Weather Wizard's staff? What was up with the dead Black Flash in the field?

Also I didn't like how Wallly was all pissy and depressed. Almost like he's not proud to be a father and resents his kids treating them like a burden. Hated that. I thought he was happy and ready to settle down for his family?

I know not very much about Flash at all, I've wanted to read it for years and I thought this would be a good time to hop on. Help me out here bros....
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #340
JME2
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelantern View Post
Well, given the similarity to another weapon Johns created during his Flash run and as we haven't seem him since then, I'd be tempted to say Cicada, but my money's definitely still on Zolomon. The Rival would also be an interesting candidate, but I'm trying to figure out his M.O. in trying to kill Barry.
JME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #341
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
Loved it.

Only things: Who killed the crooked cops in the lab and doused themselves with chemicals and lightning if not Zoom using the Weather Wizard's staff? What was up with the dead Black Flash in the field?

Also I didn't like how Wallly was all pissy and depressed. Almost like he's not proud to be a father and resents his kids treating them like a burden. Hated that. I thought he was happy and ready to settle down for his family?

I know not very much about Flash at all, I've wanted to read it for years and I thought this would be a good time to hop on. Help me out here bros....

well one cop was "crooked" the other seemed to be a rookie and trying to do the right thing. the cops didnt get doused it was the guy who killed the first two that doused himself it looked like.

as far as wally, he might be feeling his time is up. Barry is back and wally now has a family to be with.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #342
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLspotlight View Post
I am among those who don't like the retcon of Barry's parents but at the same time. I'm waiting to see how it plays out. I still loved this issue but at the same time. I think our mysterious killer is the Rival.
How it plays out? Barry will probably take this and use it to get into Forensics, because there was never enough evidence to convict Barry's father and whoever set him up is the same guy who killed the two men and eventually become The Flash....I am not looking forward to that aspect of the coming issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelantern View Post
No idea. Doesn't look like anyone we've ever seen. Not many people around these days with a real reason to kill Barry or even bother him. I seriously doubt its The Rival because thats Jay's guy and would be even more demeaning to Jay to bring back him and him ignore Garrick for Barry. Ethan has said that Professor Zoom will show up, my early money is on him. I don't think its Hunter because for one theres no wheelchair in sight when the cops break in. The eye level DOES NOT match up right, they are clearly looking up not down or even...And Hunter has never had long hair, I doubt lightning would change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
Loved it.

First Question: Its most likely NOT Weather Wizards rod. Second Question: We'll see. You haven't read Flash so here's a tidbit, Fallville is Barry's home town, and Blue Valley is Wally's. Now go enjoy those moments like I did.

Third Question: I didn't see Wally as depressed or unhappy and definitely not pissy. The kids were fighting and he handled it, like any dad would. If Geoff takes Wally out of character, I'll be the first to yell. lol But I saw his dialogue as conflicting. The guy just saw his hero return. He wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for Barry. Wouldn't you be a little bummed out if the last couple of years of your life started to mean nothing now that someone else takes the spotlight?

At this point, Wally is probably thinking about settling down now that he sees Barry isn't looking to retirement. He has a family to look after and the twins are a lot of work. He has to be there for them, and heroics may get in the way of that.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #343
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

well we know wally kinda quit the JLA, and it was said wally will be on the titans.

I am looking foward to seeing wally's new costume
Old 04-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #344
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
well we know wally kinda quit the JLA, and it was said wally will be on the titans.
Huh? Wally's been on the Titans since the beginning of the series, I thought.

Does Hal appear in this issue?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #345
Maverick_GL

Yes, there is a few pages of Hal and Barry talking.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #346
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Huh? Wally's been on the Titans since the beginning of the series, I thought.

Does Hal appear in this issue?
He's been on Titans, but I believe O_S was referring to the future...instead of retirement we'll continue to see Wally in Titans.

Though I didn't mean he would retire, we know that much already.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:46 AM   #347
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
He's been on Titans, but I believe O_S was referring to the future...instead of retirement we'll continue to see Wally in Titans.

Though I didn't mean he would retire, we know that much already.
basically yeah, dan stated that wally will indeed stay on the titans team
Old 04-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #348
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Of course. We've known that Wally gets a new costume for a year now... and retired superheroes don't ordinarily get new costumes.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #349
W.West

Doesn't mean he doesn't want to...coughFlash#247cough
Old 04-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #350
myuserid
Lantern Hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Doesn't mean he doesn't want to...coughFlash#247cough