The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 08-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #576
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Did anyone else dislike The Wake #10? 'Cause yea...did not enjoy.
I thought it was an okay, but confusing ending to a confusing story. I would've liked a little more explanation on the relationship between the survivors from now and the girl from the future.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #577
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I thought it was an okay, but confusing ending to a confusing story. I would've liked a little more explanation on the relationship between the survivors from now and the girl from the future.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #578
Space Cop
The Dandy

Indeed. Bit of a cop out, eh?
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:55 AM   #579
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Goddamn American Vampire is great! I bought the first TPB recently, which led to me getting vol 2, then volume 3...

Yesterday I went to the comic shop to begrudgingly pick up my comics that I seem to pick up once a month instead of every week, and softened the blow of forcing myself to read shitty comics by picking up American Vampire volumes 4 and 5 in TPB. Just finished reading volume 4 a few minutes ago, and MAN what a treat! Even when they change up artists for an arc it's still good. Love the generational tale of all these families of humans and vampires, and how their lives intersect with each other over the decades.

Now I have to wait for the TPB version of volume 6 with the two oversized oneshots (don't want to jump between hardcover and softcover, I'll just stick with one format), and then next YEAR to get the TPB version of volume 7 from the current series. It's so much easier being a Johnny Come Lately and not having to wait!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:39 AM   #580
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Forgot this thread was a thing. Anybody else read Royals: Masters of War? A great look at super powered beings in WWII.
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #581
jonasmorking
Kyle's Nude Model

I'm probably boring but the Alan Moore Swamp Thing books are just Great, and you can easily continue reading the new ones afterwards.
jonasmorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #582
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Interview with Lee and Didio
Quote:
Over the last five or 10 years, Vertigo has gotten smaller in terms of its creator-driven projects. Image Comics, at that same time, has been expanding. Is it a conscious strategy to reduce your emphasis on those types of products? If not, what’s your strategy to counter it?

Lee: We’ve actually increased the number of periodicals, but we’ve probably reduced the total amount of Vertigo product in that we pulled back on the OGNs and other book format projects. It is a huge priority for us; it is something the company believes in very strongly.

If you look at what we’re going to do in 2015 (which I’m not at liberty to discuss at this moment), possibly first quarter next year, you’ll see that we’re going through a major effort to rebrand the imprint. That’s going to come about through the projects themselves.

We’re working on a hit list of the top creators in the business and we have some exciting news to unveil in the early part of 2015.

You just can’t rest on your laurels, especially on a creator-driven business. You don’t have the legacy of characters like Batman and Superman to draw upon. It really all comes down to the creators and the concepts that they bring to the table.

We work very closely with Geoff Johns and his group to maximize the impact of these projects, not just through publishing, but beyond through the Warner Bros. family. That’s been a part of our strategy. Stay tuned to 2015; there’s a lot of amazing things in the works.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #583
myuserid
Lantern Hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
Goddamn American Vampire is great! I bought the first TPB recently, which led to me getting vol 2, then volume 3...

Yesterday I went to the comic shop to begrudgingly pick up my comics that I seem to pick up once a month instead of every week, and softened the blow of forcing myself to read shitty comics by picking up American Vampire volumes 4 and 5 in TPB. Just finished reading volume 4 a few minutes ago, and MAN what a treat! Even when they change up artists for an arc it's still good. Love the generational tale of all these families of humans and vampires, and how their lives intersect with each other over the decades.

Now I have to wait for the TPB version of volume 6 with the two oversized oneshots (don't want to jump between hardcover and softcover, I'll just stick with one format), and then next YEAR to get the TPB version of volume 7 from the current series. It's so much easier being a Johnny Come Lately and not having to wait!
Yeah, I love American Vampire.

I've read the first three issues of Second Cycle, but so far, it's just as good as the first series.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:50 PM   #584
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
VERTIGO QUARTERLY: SFX #1
Written by PETER MILLIGAN, LAURIE PENNY, HOPE LARSON, CLAY CHAPMAN, ROBIN FURTH, ERICA SHULTZ, DAVID WINNIC, JIM ZUB, LAUREN PETTY and NATHAN FOX
Art by HOPE LARSON, NATHAN FOX, CELIA CALLE and others
Cover by NATHAN FOX
On sale APRIL 29 • 80 pg, FC, $7.99 US • MATURE READERS

POP! SLAM! KRAK! BANG! Sound effects bring that extra bit of vibrancy to an already exciting comics page! Following the success of Vertigo’s CMYK Quarterly Anthology, which explored the four colors that make up a comic book, we continue to push the boundaries of short storytelling with 2015’s SFX Quarterly Anthology. Comics luminaries will converge with the next generation of talent as they interpret four different sound effects, leading to mind-bending innovations in story and art.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:20 AM   #585
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Fables #150 will be also be the Fables Volume 22 TPB. That's gunna be a big issue.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:43 AM   #586
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Wait, that one issue is going to be one trade? Holy shit...
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:46 AM   #587
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Yep, it'll be 150 pages.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:45 AM   #588
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

It--WHAT?!?!?
Old 02-23-2015, 10:16 PM   #589
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Yea, it's going to be gigantic.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:01 AM   #590
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Can't wait for Fables #150. End of a fucking era.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:43 AM   #591
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Anyone else reading Effigy?
Old 07-10-2015, 01:36 AM   #592
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

SDCC: VERTIGO ADDS 12 NEW TITLES TO ITS FALL LINEUP
Old 10-15-2015, 01:42 AM   #593
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Read The Twilight Children #1, that was a very very good first issue. Darwyn Cooke's art does most of the heavy lifting (as it should when you have an artist of his caliber on a book) and is gorgeous as always.

Gilbert Hernandez's certainly wasn't a slouch in this issue either, his writing just flows smoothly from page to page. Too often these days I read a comic and the dialogue/narration doesn't feel natural, none of that here, the book just sucks you in and ends with a nice hook to leave you wanting more.

4.5/5
Old 10-16-2015, 12:15 AM   #594
buffalorock
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Read The Twilight Children #1, that was a very very good first issue. Darwyn Cooke's art does most of the heavy lifting (as it should when you have an artist of his caliber on a book) and is gorgeous as always.

Gilbert Hernandez's certainly wasn't a slouch in this issue either, his writing just flows smoothly from page to page. Too often these days I read a comic and the dialogue/narration doesn't feel natural, none of that here, the book just sucks you in and ends with a nice hook to leave you wanting more.

4.5/5
Wholeheartedly agree. I don't think I have read any of Hernandez's work before and I am always interested in Cooke's art. Cooke talked up the writer quite a bit beforehand and they did not disappoint.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:20 PM   #595
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer