Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Misheard lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine said he used to think this song was about marijuana and that they were singing, "Hell, fire up."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9pIZh1jr-w

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
      Blinded by the li-ight!

Reved up like a douche
      in the something something something!
      I've always thought the same thing.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Polio
        Sit and you remember
        Polio
        Danzig in September
        Polio
        Neville has a cloudy day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

Polio..lio..lio. Polio..lio..lio.
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I used to think in "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt that the line "I have to screen my phone calls" was "I have to scream my balls off." Oddly enough, online I found a couple others who said the same thing.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
          Blinded by the li-ight!

Reved up like a douche in the something something something!
          Yeah, well Manfred Mann purposely slurred it so it sounded like that. Springstein's original is quite clearly "deuce" though. He even was recorded to say that the song didn't become popular until Mann made it about feminine hygiene.
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 05-03-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            I used to think in "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt that the line "I have to screen my phone calls" was "I have to scream my balls off." Oddly enough, online I found a couple others who said the same thing.

Comment

In Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA," I used to think he was saying "got into a hotel jam" for "got into a hometown jam." Actually, it didn't matter, though since I still knew he was enlisting to avoid jail.

It's ironic that Reagan tried to get this song for campaigning (thinking the chorus was partiotic) but was denied by the Boss. Apparently, neither Reagan (who quoted it in a speech) nor his people listened to the rest of the song.

Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 05-30-2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

In Celebration by Kool and the Gang, I thought "Yahoo!" was "Get Off!"

Comment

Working...
                X