The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2020, 04:27 AM   #126
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
He's disputing that claim and accusing WB of libel. I'm losing hope for an easy resolution as each day passes.
https://www.cbr.com/ray-fisher-dispu...-double-offer/
Eh well i really dont know what to believe anymore. I look at it like this either he can quit or wb Should fire him for trying to get negative publicity for them and being a problem. Thats just how i feel about this guy. Jason mamoa can defend him all he wants good for him . Funny how he hasnt given any key specific details to confirm fishers claims. Mamoa also made wb a billion dollars with aquaman for wb you really think hes going to say anything and risk a good gig? Why haven't any of the film crew spoken out? You'd assume more people Would come forward since they be witnesses. Also joss is gone from wb so he needs to get over it and move on
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-28-2020 at 04:31 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 01:46 PM   #127
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,501
Default

The investigation is over, and most of the blowback seems to be on Whedon. Gal Gadot confirmed that she had problems with JW during filming.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/ga...ue-1234605426/
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:48 AM   #128
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Wb fired fisher. Good ridence to that entitled snowflake
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:41 AM   #129
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Wb fired fisher. Good ridence to that entitled snowflake
He obviously had a valid grievance initially, since not only was he backed up by his cast mates, but WB took some kind of punitive action. If there is a silver lining here, hopefully Warnermedia doesn't let any more unprofessional work atmospheres develop.

As for the Hamada situation, I'm perplexed by this. Maybe there will be clarification someday, but it was weird to see Fisher apparently vindicated by WM, only to have the situation continue. Whatever is next form him, I can only hope he finds fulfillment in it.
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:57 AM   #130
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 14,468
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Wb fired fisher. Good ridence to that entitled snowflake
It's not really "fired." He was never hired to star in anything after Justice League so there's nothing to be fired from.

The stuff about him co-starring in Flash was always just a rumor.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #131
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 27,766
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
...If there is a silver lining here, hopefully Warnermedia doesn't let any more unprofessional work atmospheres develop...
They’re too busy destroying movie theaters and ensuring the death of physical media.
__________________
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:54 PM   #132
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's not really "fired." He was never hired to star in anything after Justice League so there's nothing to be fired from.

The stuff about him co-starring in Flash was always just a rumor.
Eh well now he can sit at home and powder his pussy.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:59 PM   #133
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
He obviously had a valid grievance initially, since not only was he backed up by his cast mates, but WB took some kind of punitive action. If there is a silver lining here, hopefully Warnermedia doesn't let any more unprofessional work atmospheres develop.

As for the Hamada situation, I'm perplexed by this. Maybe there will be clarification someday, but it was weird to see Fisher apparently vindicated by WM, only to have the situation continue. Whatever is next form him, I can only hope he finds fulfillment in it.
Sigh dude it was investigated and they found nothing. If his castmates backed him why still work for wb and dc? Spare me because contracts people can get out of them. Why Not leave if the set was that bad? Funny how its only fisher who continues to talk about it after what a year by going on social media? Sounds to me its a winey bitch who wants to make it about race because he sucks as a actor. Lets be real fisher isnt a top actor . How many rey fisher films have you heard about and go i must see it? Hes only hurting himself where hes turning people off to see anything hes in. You have no idea how much i distane tom cruise for his bs about mental health
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-11-2021 at 07:04 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:35 AM   #134
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Sigh dude it was investigated and they found nothing.
That's not true. WM stated that there was "remedial action." They didn't elaborate, and likely never will, but something was conclusively out of place.

WM needs to learn some lessons here. They have had three stars complain about the environment on the JL set (Gadot reportedly had some kind of separate issue with Whedon) and contract difficulties with the actor who was the early face of the DCEU in Henry Cavill. If Warnermedia ever wants DC live-action properties to not be a distant second to the MCU, the need to shed the dysfunctional image.
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:23 PM   #135
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
If Warnermedia ever wants DC live-action properties to not be a distant second to the MCU, the need to shed the dysfunctional image.
Gal gadot also isnt leaving the role of wonder woman. If she really had issues she'd leave or take legal action yet she hasn't. I guess you missed the story how wb gave her and jenkins a huge pay day before wonder woman 84 dropped where it pissed everyone else under wb off mainly directors like Christopher nolan. Research it its really crazy. Also im not saying what they did is right if TRUE but people need to grow thick skin. Burying your head in the sand wont stop anything. You really think fines and termination will end bullying in the world? Whats next you want yo jail people for bullying as well? This entire snowflake generation needs to be melted. Look up justina Ireland . Shes a black author writing the high republic of star wars and went on a racist rant against white people on twitter saying if you dont like my politics dont buy my books also trashing white people. The people on the high republic project want to ban luke since he appeared on mandolorian. Now if a white author said what this woman said there be anarchy. Theres literally talk in the star wars community if star wars is racist. Theres also a civil war inside lucas film between Kennedy and faveru camps. Kennedy wants sjw garbage faveru wants a good product. Pablo hidalgo a lucas film employee insulted star wars theory a youtuber who beat cancer by saying emotions arent meant to be shown after star wars theory posted his tears of joy when luke was on mandalorian. How is that right? I guess if your latino doing it to a white guy its ok but god forbid if you say anything about not liking race or gender change your life is over by cancel culture
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-12-2021 at 06:40 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #136
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission;9730[URL="http://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/film/gal-gadot-justice-league-joss-whedon-experience-2842927"
[/URL]48]Gal gadot also isnt leaving the role of wonder woman. If she really had issues she'd leave or take legal action yet she hasn't.
She did have some kind of problem with Whedon. Most workplace problems don't involve firing or a lawsuit, but they do involve intervention. In her case, she wanted to handle it more discreetly than Fisher.

http://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/film...rience-2842927



.
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:31 PM   #137
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
She did have some kind of problem with Whedon. Most workplace problems don't involve firing or a lawsuit, but they do involve intervention. In her case, she wanted to handle it more discreetly than Fisher.

http://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/film...rience-2842927



.
No incriminating details though wich can be questionable. All she said was i had my own issues with him wich can mean anything for all we know it could of been about more screen time or money or a small change. As much as i find amber heard a piece of shit at least when she lied she gave details. Turns out she assulted depp first but played the victim. I think both heard and depp are idiots. As i said before contracts are meangless anyone can leave anytime they want. I just think its crazy people just assume a woman says something its a automatic fact and people rush to be on her side. Men get assulted yet nobody backs them. Its the whole men are macho image in western culture to where men cant be victims and only women are. Funny history lesson when women got the right to vote in 1920 and have equal opportunity as men they refused it at first to avoid the military draft wich i think isnt right. I feel if women want the same as men they have to do what men are required to do. No loophole. You cant demand equallity but than say no to something. The military right now is making changes not to hurt peoples feelings by being tough. Im sorry but your being trained to kill and survive in a foreign country and pc woke crap dosent work in war. From what i also heard they made courses easier for women wich again i dont think its right. I considered going to the airforce but with my health with my spine i Wouldn't be accepted
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-12-2021 at 11:09 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #138
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,501
Question

Fisher posted a long message on Twitter. It seems like he's really upset at Hamada. This doesn't seem like its over, even if Warner wants it that way. Oh boy.
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:05 PM   #139
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
Fisher posted a long message on Twitter. It seems like he's really upset at Hamada. This doesn't seem like its over, even if Warner wants it that way. Oh boy.
Whod want to work with a actor who spent a year making the company look bad? Also fisher was never specific with details about what happened. All he stated was gross conduct . Whats gross conduct to him? Imo he has black privilege to where if he dosent get what he wants it turns into a racial issue . If other directors refused to work with him is it racist since the guy is a loose canon to where he says things with zero proof or why not take legal action ? We live in a age where phones can video people and nobody managed to catch these issues on video? You have audio of bale going into a camera man and cruise ripping on people for no mask on set fisher has nothing?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-14-2021 at 07:20 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:56 PM   #140
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Whod want to work with a actor who spent a year making the company look bad? Also fisher was never specific with details about what happened. All he stated was gross conduct . Whats gross conduct to him? Imo he has black privilege to where if he dosent get what he wants it turns into a racial issue . If other directors refused to work with him is it racist since the guy is a loose canon to where he says things with zero proof or why not take legal action ? We live in a age where phones can video people and nobody managed to catch these issues on video? You have audio of bale going into a camera man and cruise ripping on people for no mask on set fisher has nothing?
I'm still taking the wait-and-see approach. Obviously, with this costars backing him, it looks much worse for Warner than Fisher.

And there is no such thing as black privilege. That never existed.
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:33 PM   #141
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post

And there is no such thing as black privilege. That never existed.
So your denying the race card dosent exist? Imo the race card is black privilege. Look at whats going on with the cops. There not being defunded for '''' police brutality'''' or excessive force because of white people demanding radical change. Illinois just passed a radical bill where excessive force cant be used and have you seen how worse Chicago has got with these car jackings between Christmas and now?. People are so brain washed where they really believe cops hunt black people like its deer season. All anti discrimination laws are for people of color, women, and sexual oriontation and religion. Show me one law in the united states where a white male is protected or ever won a discrimination case. Just one. To completely deny black privilege exists is delusional. Defunding the police is a terrible idea and anyone who supports it should just leave there front door open and let anyone move in with them since everyone is just so innocent and everyone should be given a chance and we cant judge . Yes theres bad cops but you want to punish them all? Sorry i cant support it. You say black privilege dosent exist but i bet you believe the myth that white privilege does. You fell into there trap.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-14-2021 at 09:09 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:23 PM   #142
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Show me one law in the united states where a white male is protected or ever won a discrimination case. Just one.
https://www.diversityinc.com/white-e...ation-lawsuit/

You only asked for one, right?

The fact that people of color win a lot more discrimination lawsuits than white folks isn't evidence of "black privilege", it is evidence that they experience a lot more discrimination.

Laws regarding racial discrimination do not (in general, I can't speak for every law, it's a big country) specifically protect people of one race. It just seems that way because white folks very seldom have cause to file suit under those laws, because they are far less likely to be discriminated against because they are white.
__________________

Last edited by Mister Ed; 01-14-2021 at 09:26 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:39 PM   #143
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,938
Default

That said, I have to admit that, here in Oregon, we did just recently see something that could (if you were inclined to be inflammatory in your labeling) be called "black privilege", when the state government opted to set aside a chunk of Federal COVID relief funds to be earmarked SOLELY for black people and black-owned businesses.

Personally, I don't think that is justified unless they can demonstrate that these people were being harder hit by COVID specifically because of their race (not for other reasons that happen to correlate strongly with race, because in that case, you could just prioritize aid based on those factors).

It was especially problematic because it was limited SOLELY to black people and businesses. Other people of color were not included, and the program was sued by at least one Latino business owner, and criticized by some indigenous people groups as well, for favoring that one group based solely on the color of their skin.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:57 PM   #144
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post

Laws regarding racial discrimination do not (in general, I can't speak for every law, it's a big country) specifically protect people of one race. It just seems that way because white folks very seldom have cause to file suit under those laws, because they are far less likely to be discriminated against because they are white.
Wow im surprised he won. Also ive been stopped by cops about 12 years ago. I was going for a walk and i happen to be the only guy on the street and 4 squads pulled me over assuming i was who they were looking for. Now keep in mind 4 white cops 3 men 1 female. Turns out the guy who lived across from me was beating his mom on mothers day. Now i was wrongfully pulled over searched yet i didnt sue the town or state or say well i was randomly targeted for the way i look or assuming i was involved in domestic abuse nor did i fight struggled or run. Cops were doing there job. Mistaken identity isnt just a people of color issue. Hell in 2003 when i was in high school me buddy and a female friend were chilling in his car at like 3am and a Cop thought the female friend was a prostitute wich wasnt TRUE . She was a goth chick who dressed slutty and that friend was a fwb deal with the chick. Now your a cop you see a parked car at a park at 3am its not suspicious? If it was a black person they would say lordy lordy i was racially targeted for doing the exact same thing as tazz and company. The state of nyc is being sued as of today because cops used excessive force on a black suspect. You dont see press conferences when the same happens to white suspects. I guess crime murder high abortion rates are just a white people thing. They say black lives matter but at the same people abort black babies where abortion clinics are in black neighborhoods. Why else do you think the black population in the usa makes up 13 percent? They do it to themselves. It isnt white cops it isnt white people or racism there killing themselves. You got idiots like Alexandra Cortez saying people only commit crime to put food on the table wich is a crock of shit believe me i struggle but i dont go commit crime and her being a self confesed radical wich nobody looks into is terrifying. Than again a minority woman can say being radical is a proud thing on her instagram but a white person as a trump supporter or even republican is automatically a Nazi that expresses racism sexism homophobia or my new favorite one responsible for what happened last week at the Capitol. So apperntly im lumped with those idiots because of party affiliation wich i said was wrong. Apperntly thats not enough for the brainwashed snowflake generation apperntly i have some magic privilege because im white and life is somehow perfect for me wich again a crock of shit. By todays idiot generation i should be sitting in a big house with private security living like charlie sheen with hookers getting laid daily and sniffing blow off a womans ass and yet here i am struggling just like every other everyday person.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-14-2021 at 10:44 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:00 PM   #145
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
That said, I have to admit that, here in Oregon, we did just recently see something that could (if you were inclined to be inflammatory in your labeling) be called "black privilege", when the state government opted to set aside a chunk of Federal COVID relief funds to be earmarked SOLELY for black people and black-owned businesses.

Personally, I don't think that is justified unless they can demonstrate that these people were being harder hit by COVID specifically because of their race (not for other reasons that happen to correlate strongly with race, because in that case, you could just prioritize aid based on those factors).

It was especially problematic because it was limited SOLELY to black people and businesses. Other people of color were not included, and the program was sued by at least one Latino business owner, and criticized by some indigenous people groups as well, for favoring that one group based solely on the color of their skin.
Not sure how TRUE it is and haven't checked but i heard some schools are allowing black kids back before white kids. Again not sure if legitimate but thats the rumor
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:25 PM   #146
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Not sure how TRUE it is and haven't checked but i heard some schools are allowing black kids back before white kids. Again not sure if legitimate but thats the rumor
I'd be surprised if it was based on race, but if it is based on some other factors, like economic disadvantage, it might SEEM like it was, especially in certain areas, because it would correlate very strongly with race.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:33 PM   #147
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'd be surprised if it was based on race, but if it is based on some other factors, like economic disadvantage, it might SEEM like it was, especially in certain areas, because it would correlate very strongly with race.
Did you hear about Abraham Lincoln high school in san fransico? They want to remove his name because he quote didn't do enough for black lives. Um Lincoln freed the slaves. The san fransico chronicle reported it 2 months ago
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.