Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Hal deserve to stay in the spotlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Hal deserve to stay in the spotlight?

Honestly. Nothing against him... but does he? Are we better off now than had there been no "Green Lantern: Rebirth"? Why?
    Yes
    64.29%
    No
    35.71%
    Jury's still out
    0.00%

Hal is Green Lantern, so yes.

Comment

He shouldn't star in an A title with one or more B titles revolving around him. That was tried, and it flopped. Hal just ain't all that, and besides, it's hard as hell to sell ANY title, much less one you designate as second-rate before you even publish the first issue.

They should just put him on Earth in a title that's pretty much independent of any other Lantern titles. That would work.

Comment

What they are doing now works great for me. I vote yes. Hal is the main event.

Comment

Whatever gets Green Lantern success without completely compromising its integrity, or whatever seems like the most common sense thing to do to work toward success is what should be done, I think. I know that is a non-answer, and there will be a bunch of different opinions on what would be the best thing to do for success. I suppose my answer would be "no."

For example, in a scenario where WB makes another Green Lantern movie about Hal Jordan, and it isn't received well, I believe the thing to do to would be to focus on another character. I wouldn't keep doing Hal Jordan for the sake of Hal Jordan. Yet, that isn't to say focusing on Hal Jordan hasn't brought Green Lantern any success. Maybe doing Green Lantern: Rebirth when DC published it was the right thing to do at that time.

So, yeah, my answer would be no. I would do whatever seems the right thing to do at the time, and perhaps that wouldn't be always putting Hal Jordan in the spotlight.
          Star-Lantern
          Weaponer of Qward
          Last edited by Star-Lantern; 12-24-2018, 02:21 AM.
          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

no, Kyle all the way ( come at me if you disagree )

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
              no, Kyle all the way ( come at me if you disagree )
              And yet your sig pic has Hal front and center and larger than life. Kyle's just like "I'm just honored to follow in your wake, o, awesome Hal."

Comment

I'll have to say, "Yes, but." Hal's the most iconic GL. After nearly 60 years of being the most notable GL, it's safe to say that he's stood the test of time.

BUT, it's not only his show. His supporting cast is more essential to the GL mythos than other DC heroes since it is, by design, a story about a peacekeeping force. With all due respect to Hal, there are plenty of readers who like John, Guy, or Kyle just as much, if not more, than Hal. And, if it or not, old guys, the kiddos love Jessica.
                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Any kiddos that love Jessica need to be slapped like a bitch.

Comment

Whenever I think GL I immediately think Hal.
                    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Me too. He's what pops into my head when I think of Green Lantern. Same way I think of Bruce Wayne as Batman or Clark Kent as Superman. The other characters in the Bat and Superman families are window dressing. I just happen to like most of the window dressing in the GL family.

Comment

Geoff tried to push Hal up to the same level as Clark and Bruce, but that was never going to happen. DC created two franchise characters in 1939, and it hasn't created another one in the 80 years since then. Like Barry, Hal can sell one comic. And that's OK. It's fine. Hal doesn't need to do any more than that.

Comment

One comic for him works fine for me. Just make it good.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                            Any kiddos that love Jessica need to be slapped like a bitch.
                            To overcome your curmudgeonliness, you only have to believe in your SUPER SELF, Dave.

Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                              To overcome your curmudgeonliness, you only have to believe in your SUPER SELF, Dave.

Get off my lawn you snot-nosed little sh#t!

Comment

Working...
                              X