• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Lantern #4 *Preview/Spoilers*

The Green Lantern #4 Preview
    Writer: Grant Morrison
    Artist: Liam Sharp

Beautiful art. Sharp's really firing on all cylinders. I am not as enthused by how much computer art there was as opposed to line art, (they don't always mix well on the page together - like live-action and CG sometimes) but I don't imagine that's going to happen all the time. It's also nice to see that Sharp can draw clean, sleek sci-fi architecture as well as the organic, gritty sci-fi tech he'd been doing.

Comment

Definitely a missed opportunity there to have the Sun-Eaters as a main plot point and have no mention of how he encountered one as Parallax, which lead to his death. I do like how they're being treated as sentients with names and families though.

In context, it just seems odd then that Hal was able to take out a Sun-Eater without much trouble when the other GL had his power drained.

Comment

"Either we go to work, or people die. I hear you -- But the Guardians are Immortal"

"They can wait"

Good stuff, really enjoying everything about this series.

Comment

Inject this shit straight into my veins.

Comment

Another terrific issue.

Comment

By far the best issue yet. A masterclass in storytelling.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                By far the best issue yet. A masterclass in storytelling.
                Yeah this has been very enjoyable. Even if this run doesn't sell like hotcakes, I think time will be good to it. Someday when it gets collected in absolute form, hardcover and TPB, future audiences will discover this run and appreciate it.

Comment

After all of the big GL stories in the last decade, the return to beat cop stories has been a nice palate cleanser
                  Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

They should do an issue formatted like an interstellar version of the tv show COPS. That would be hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                    X