The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 03-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #976
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 03-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #977
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

A new Plastic Man mini by Gail Simone and Adriana Melo was announced yesterday.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #978
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Um.... what about Plas in the Terrifics? This doesn't look attached at all?

~//V\\~
Old 03-15-2018, 07:19 PM   #979
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
I doubt they'll do four individual JL books if the Snyder mini series doesn't blow people away and continue beyond a month or two of good numbers afterwards. It sounds like a contained story that will end with a larger Justice League in the end. I see this leading into something of a standard big 7 ish League with a few key additions returning to the fold like J'onn, Zatanna or Dr. Fate, Atom, and then possibly keep somebody like Starfire. Hawkman will need a place to hang his hat soon too unless the JSA is returning sooner than later.

Remember that story during the Morrison era League called "Justice League ?" Each member of the big 7 pretty much had their own league with Superman and J'onn being on the JL Aliens team. Batman had the JL Arkham, Aquaman had JL Atlantis, Wonder Woman had the JL Amazons, etc. It was two bookend issues to contain the story and then the series of one shots. Flash (Wally) and GL's (Kyle) Leagues were scattered throughout the other books, they had Justice League Adventurers and the Justice League Air respectively. There was some exceptionally good stuff in the JL Aliens issue. Guy/Warrior almost got into fights with both Orion and the alien Starman for trash talking.

Taking this many characters away from Teen Titans makes me wonder if that book will continue or they'll put another spin on Young justice out there for the remaining and yet to be reimagined younger heroes like Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Wondergirl...?

~//V\\~
Now that I realize that this is just a 4-issue mini leading to a relaunch of existing JL titles, I'm more likely to pick it up, just because it seems like it will lead directly into said relaunches. But I'm still waffling, as the titles seem so unappealing on their own. I despise Lobo, care little about the fate of Colu (especially if it means there is a chance Vril Dox will show up, a character I dislike only slightly less than Lobo), and just roll my eyes at the idea of the heroes dealing with "Four giant beings comprised of the universe’s major energies—Mystery, Wonder, Wisdom and Entropy—who sustain their life force by devouring planets".

Sounds like a cross of the Spectrum entities with Galactus.

For that matter, I thought the "universe's major energies" were the emotional spectrum. Sure that was a dumb idea, but there is something to be said for consistency. (Or at least for not ditching one dumb idea only to replace it with something that sounds much the same, only dumber.)
Old 03-16-2018, 12:02 AM   #980
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
It was in January that we learned longtime Batman writer and current Dark Nights: Metal scribe Scott Snyder would go on to pen the flagship Justice League title following both Metal and the four-issue weekly miniseries Justice League: No Justice. Now, we finally have confirmation on which artist will be joining Snyder on the series, as well as the previously teased new roster.

According to the trade paperback listing for Justice League Vol. 1 from Penguin Random House, current Super Sons artist Jorge Jimenez will provide the interior art for the series, while longtime Marvel artist Jim Cheung will provide the imagery for the covers. The listing also includes a black and white version of one of Cheung’s covers, which features Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl and Green Lantern John Stewart.
Quote:
Justice League: No Justice, co-written by Snyder, James Tynion IV, and Joshua Williamson, and illustrated by Francis Manapul, launches May 9. Then, in June, all of the current Justice League titles will relaunch. The flagship title, written by Snyder, will follow up on the events of Dark Nights: Metal, which depicts the Justice League’s battle against seven evil Batmen from the Dark Multiverse.

Here’s the full solicitation for Justice League Vol. 1:

Spinning out of the cataclysmic events of Dark Nights: Metal and the universe-defining No Justice, the core members of the Justice League–Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash and more–are finally reunited!

The cosmos suddenly opens up to new threats that the Justice League could not imagine! As Lex Luthor and Batman race to solve a mystery going back to the beginning of the DCU, the rest of the League dive deep into new corners of their own mythologies!

Christopher Priest and Pete Woods’ current Justice League run will conclude on April 18 with its 43rd issue. Steve Orlando (and a host of artists’) Justice League of America is set to conclude on April 11 with its 29th issue.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:26 AM   #981
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

THE WORLDS OF DC AND HANNA-BARBERA COLLIDE AGAIN ON MAY 30!

Quote:
Four New One-Shots Team Up Heroes of the DC Universe with Popular Characters from ’1970s-Era H-B Cartoons

BURBANK, CA (March 15, 2018) – Following the success of DC’s modernized takes on classic Saturday morning cartoons and a previous selection of acclaimed one-shot crossovers featuring Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters, DC plans to shake up the worlds of superhero fans and lovers of old-school cartoons yet again. Today, the publisher announced plans to release four all-new one-shot comics that bring some of DC’s most exciting heroes together with well-known characters from the world of Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the 1970’s. These books will be available at comic book retailers and for purchase digitally on May 30.

”Mixing DC and Hanna-Barbera characters together for these stories is always fun because the results tend to be wildly unpredictable,” said DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “Even before you know what the story’s about, just hearing the names that get thrown together instantly brings a smile to your face and puts your imagination into overdrive, trying to figure out what kind of story could possibly come from these team ups. Fortunately, we’ve got the perfect lineup of creators that can bring those stories to life.”

The title lineup includes:
Quote:
AQUAMAN/JABBERJAW SPECIAL #1

In a story written by Aquaman writer Dan Abnett with art and by Paul Pelletier and Andrew Hennessey, the town of Amnesty Island is besieged by a series of shark attacks, and the authorities call Aquaman for help! What’s unusual about this case is that the shark isn’t trying to kill people—he just wants to talk to them. All Jabberjaw wants is to get back to Aqualand, the future undersea utopia where he came from. But that peaceful city where man and sentient sea life have been living in harmony has been turned into a dystopian nightmare created by a new Ocean Master! Now the King of Atlantis and his friendly shark ally must team up to set things right.

This one-shot also includes a bonus short story by Jeff Parker and Scott Kolins that tells the tale of the first-ever meeting between Captain Caveman, The Spectre and the wizard Shazam.
Quote:
BLACK LIGHTNING/HONG KONG PHOOEY SPECIAL #1

Back from Vietnam, kung-fu master Hong Kong Phooey has set up his own detective agency in the inner city. Meanwhile, Jefferson Pierce (a.k.a. Black Lightning) has uncovered a plot by three assassins to collect the components of a sacred text revealing the darkest secrets of martial arts magic, and they’ll kill anyone who owns them—including the dog who holds the last chapter of the book, Hong Kong Phooey. MICHAEL CRAY Bryan Hill, Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz team up to deliver a story with all the power of a roundhouse kick to the chops!

Plus, Jeff Parker and Scott Kolins team up once again in a bonus story featuring a pre-DEMON Jason Blood and Hanna-Barbera’s own “Spirit of ’76,” The Funky Phantom.
Quote:
THE FLASH/SPEED BUGGY SPECIAL #1

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS scribe Scott Lobdell, along with Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund, is gearing up to deliver a rubber-burning story that pushes all the way into the redline! When Wally West tries to take down the villain Kilg%re, he’s surprised to find he has an unknown ally who can move just as fast as he can. Dr. Pernell, a brilliant S.T.A.R. Labs scientist, has found a way to power his dune buggy using the Speed Force. When the Flash agrees to help test the limits of the vehicle in a race, something unexpected sends them spiraling out of the Speed Force and into the unknown. They land in a post-apocalyptic future, but Dr. Pernell is missing, leaving a now-sentient Speed Buggy to help the Fastest Man Alive repair the time stream and stop the triple threat of Savitar, Speed Demon Buggy and… Reverse Speed Buggy?
Quote:
SUPER SONS/DYNOMUTT SPECIAL #1

It’s no fun for Jon Kent to be visiting Big City with his parents for the funeral of an old friend, so his best pal Damian Wayne decides to follow along and give him the inside scoop on the city. But when they go to meet Robin’s local friend, Dynomutt, they find him injured and in need of help. And Dynomutt’s human superhero companion, Blue Falcon, has seemingly turned evil. What’s the reason for this betrayal between once-loyal companions, and what role might the evil Red Vulture play in this scenario? Fan-favorite SUPER SONS writer Peter J. Tomasi teams up with Fernando Pasarin and Oclair Albert to tell this story featuring the first encounter of the Dog Wonder with the sons of the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight.

Each one-shot will be 48 pages long and cost $4.99. For the latest information on these and all other DC news, check out the website at www.dccomics.com or the DC YouTube channel.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:19 AM   #982
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

ARTISTS JIM CHEUNG AND JORGE JIMÉNEZ DEBUT NEW JUSTICE LEAGUE IN JUNE

Quote:
Comics Legends Scott Snyder, Jim Cheung and Rising Star Jorge Jiménez Launch the Justice League into a Cosmos-Shaking Mystery!

BURBANK, Calif. (March 19, 2018) – DC Entertainment continues to attract dynamic, top-name talent, announcing today that artists Jim Cheung (Marvel’s Young Avengers) and Jorge Jiménez (SUPERMAN, SUPER SONS) will join acclaimed writer Scott Snyder (DARK NIGHTS: METAL) in launching DC’s flagship JUSTICE LEAGUE comic book in June.

On sale June 6, JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 follows the events of DC NATION #0 (on sale May 2) and JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE (on sale weekly from May 9 through 30). The Justice League is launched into a mystery that will draw out their most terrible foes…in ways our heroes couldn’t possibly imagine! In this debut issue, Martian Manhunter struggles to protect the team from an incoming threat that will shatter the world as they know it, while a familiar face strikes out on a dark path…

“I am extremely honored, and happy, to be able to launch JUSTICE LEAGUE with Scott and Jorge,” says Cheung about headlining the new series. “It has been many years since I've had the pleasure of working at DC, but when Scott first mentioned this opportunity, I knew I couldn't say no. His energy and excitement has been infectious, and I can't wait to share what we have in store! I can't think of a more perfect book to return to DC on! These characters are ones that I grew up loving, and the prospect of being able to leave my mark on them, leaves me thrilled.”

Shipping biweekly, in JUSTICE LEAGUE #2 on June 20 by Snyder and Jiménez, the League is faced with an impossible decision…and now they must face the consequences! While Martian Manhunter and Batman attempt to recruit an old ally back into the fold, The Flash and Hawkgirl are blindsided by new challenges that could rewrite their mythologies!

“Working on JUSTICE LEAGUE is probably the most exciting opportunity I've ever had in my career,” says Jiménez. “I feel more than ever that this is my moment! I have in my hands a script written by the incredible Scott Snyder starring most important DC characters–Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman! Even better, I have the hyper-mega-talented Jim Cheung beside me! I can't ask for more!”

“Justice League has been the golden ring for me since I came to DC,” says Snyder. “The story I have planned is something I've been building towards through DARK NIGHTS: METAL and I can't wait to tell it in the biggest way possible. And to have mega star Jim Cheung as one partner, and rising superstar Jorge Jimenez as my other partner, I'm just thrilled to get to work!”

“One last thing for my friends, family and fans,” concludes Jiménez. “Quiero aprovechar para decir que el colorista Alejandro Sanchez es tan importante como el que más en este equipo LIGA DE LA JUSTICIA. ¡Tenemos entre manos a los mejores personajes del mundo del cómic! y prometo que daremos nuestro máximo esfuerzo para que luzcan lo más frescos, dinámicos y atractivos que podamos!”

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 arrives in stores June 6, followed by JUSTICE LEAGUE #2 on June 20. Below is a first look at both Cheung and Jiménez’ covers for their issues. Fans can also expect variant covers by Jim Lee and Scott Williams. For the latest information on JUSTICE LEAGUE and all other DC news, check out the website at www.dccomics.com or the DC YouTube channel.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:08 PM   #983
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
During its Meet the Publishers panel at WonderCon 2018, DC's Jim Lee, Dan DiDio, Bob Harras, and Scott Snyder announced that following the weekly No Justice series, the publisher will launch "New Justice," a Justice League-centric imprint that will include three Justice League titles as well as other titles such as Teen Titans and Hawkman.

In addition to Snyder, Jim Cheung, and Jorge Jimenez's previously announced Justice League series, two other series will spin-off of the core title. First up is Justice League Dark, written by James Tynion IV with art from Alvaro Lopez, Raul Fernandez, and Brad Anderson. Snyder described it as "James Tynion's dream book." The story centers on the creators of magic in the DC Universe coming to take it back, and features a team of Detective Chimp, Zatanna, Man-Bat, Swamp Thing, Zatanna, and others, led by Wonder Woman.
Quote:
Then writer Josh Williamson and artist Stjepan Sejic will create Justice League Odyssey, in which Cyborg, Starfire, Azrael, Jessica Cruz, and Darkseid (yes, Darkseid) explore the universe in one of Brainiac's old head ships with flames painted on the side. Snyder joked that he had initially wanted to name the title "Justice League WTF."
Quote:
Also operating out of the Hall of Justice will be a new incarnation of Titans, written by Dan Abnett. Described by Snyder as "the Justice League's AAA farm team," the team is led by Nightwing and Raven and includes Beast Boy, Steel, and Ms. Martian.

Meanwhile, writer Adam Glass and artist Bernard Chang will take over Teen Titans with #20, with a story that sends Robin out on his own, leading a team of rebellious young heroes.

Other titles under the "New Justice" banner include the recently announced Hawkman as well as an unnamed project from writer Bryan Edward Hill that may spin-out of his upcoming Detective Comics story which teams Batman and Black Lightning.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #984
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
And now we know
Old 03-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #985
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I don't understand the thinking behind launching two new Justice League B titles when one just failed. I said at CBR that I wouldn't put my worst enemy in a Justice League B title.

I'm glad Jessica is in one. Maybe they'll put Simon in the other one.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #986
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Double post.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-25-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:47 PM   #987
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

How is it Cyborg is supposed to be in two different Leagues?

IDK about all the team shake-ups honestly. What will become of the TEEN Titans now that Raven, Starfire, and Beastboy have been given League status? When will they break down and finally give us another Young Justice comic? And where in the **** is the clone Superboy with TK powers?

EDIT: ALSO!?! Why in the hell does Darkseid look like Ronan the Accuser now?

EDIT 2: And... why does my boy Man-Bat have feelers coming out of his head like a damn bug?

- Ω

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 03-25-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #988
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Why does Swamp Thing have dreadlocks?!?
Old 03-25-2018, 11:32 PM   #989
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωmega Man View Post
How is it Cyborg is supposed to be in two different Leagues?

IDK about all the team shake-ups honestly. What will become of the TEEN Titans now that Raven, Starfire, and Beastboy have been given League status? When will they break down and finally give us another Young Justice comic? And where in the **** is the clone Superboy with TK powers?

EDIT: ALSO!?! Why in the hell does Darkseid look like Ronan the Accuser now?

EDIT 2: And... why does my boy Man-Bat have feelers coming out of his head like a damn bug?

- Ω
No different from Wonder Woman being in two leagues, and Batman being in two leagues before.

New Teen Titans with Robin, Kid Flash, Emiko, Lobo's Daughter

Titans with: Nightwing, Raven, Beat boy, Miss Martian, and Natasha Irons

Future Conner showed up in the SuperSons/Teen Titans crossover a few months ago. When asked by Supes who he was, he replied that "They didn't know him.. yet" So one can assume there are plans to bring him back.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:55 AM   #990
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Well I get that WW is also in two Leagues but.... Cyborg's second League is in spaaaaaace. And visually it looks like two completely different Cyborgs....

Also teams need at least 6 or 7 members. I get that they wanna focus on only a couple folks at a time but a five person squad seems a bit too small for the JL and any form of Titans when there are so many great characters to pull from.

- Ω
Old 03-26-2018, 05:25 PM   #991
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

How is Darkeseid getting absolved of all his crimes?
Old 03-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #992
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
I doubt he is, I expect there will be some kind of forced explanation as to why the heroes must work with him regardless.

Kind of like in Cosmic Odyssey (which I REALLY didn't like). In fact, it seems likely that the title containing "Odyssey" is more than mere coincidence.

I'll be passing on it. (There is a slim chance of me picking up the trade if I hear from people whose opinions I value that it is actually good, but no way will I be buying it in serial form.)

Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-26-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:10 PM   #993
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson Taking Leave of Absence
Quote:
Diane Nelson, president of DC Entertainment and president of Warner Bros. Consumer Products, is taking a leave of absence.

The move, announced by Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara in a memo to DC and Consumer Products employees, comes after Nelson decided to set new priorities for herself and her family in the wake of a series of personal situations. One of the matters includes properly recovering from back surgery she underwent late last year.

The extended break has the full support of Tsujihara, according to insiders, and will begin April 2. While no set time period for the break has been pre-determined, Nelson is expected to return.

In the interim, Thomas Gewecke, who serves as chief digital officer and executive vp of strategy and business development at Warner Bros., will step in to support the DC executive management team of Dan DiDio, Jim Lee, Geoff Johns and Amit Desai, who will continue to run the company’s day to day. Gewecke is not stepping into Nelson's position but will support the team as needed in this time of absence.

Read the memo below.

Dear Colleagues:

Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment and President of Warner Bros. Consumer Products, has decided to take time off starting Monday, April 2. After 22 years with the company, she wants to recharge, as well as have immediate and uninterrupted time with her family. This is her decision and the entire senior management team and I support this, and will help facilitate it as follows:

- The DC Executive Management team will report to Thomas Gewecke (Chief Digital Officer and EVP, Strategy and Business Development) in the interim

- Pam Lifford will report to me in the interim

Diane continues to be an important member of the Warner Bros. family and has worked on many of our most iconic properties. She has contributed greatly to the company’s successes, and we look forward to her returning to the Studio.

In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your management team, Thomas or me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support and continued commitment to excellence in everything we do.

Best regards,

KT
Old 03-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #994
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Read the series to find out if that happens..........................................
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #995
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I'll pick it up because a GL is in it and I've been reading every ring appearance.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:42 PM   #996
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

"Leaving to spend more time with the family" sometimes doesn't mean what it says.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:59 AM   #997
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I just don't understand the decision making behind all of these jacked up 5 person rosters. Azbats and Starfire in the League? MORE new characters in Teen Titans. Because it worked so well in the New52?

I think DC needs a new cosmic team, but I don't think there's the right mph in that JLO team. Cyborg's solo series sales should've been reason enough to not put him as the front man, though I dig the new look and the inclusion of Starfire. Azbats [cool new suit aside] makes no sense at all. Kudos for finding a place for one of those Lanterns.

Here's the official line-up for the newest Teen Titans:

- Ω
Old 03-27-2018, 02:40 PM   #998
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Two things

1. This Damian TT book looks awful
2. Why have Cyborg on two Justice League times? I get that he’s in the movie lineup but they don’t need to have him on two of them! Do some CW synergy and put Firestorm/Atom on the space team and Cyborg on the main one. Or Black Lightning on the main one and Cyborg in space.

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:54 PM   #999
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I'm not sure if I kinda-sorta like Girlbo, or if she's as bad as Slobo.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:43 AM   #1000
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Article on Williams Messner-Loebs, who is now homeless in Detroit: http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...ss-in-michigan

Last edited by Hypo; 03-28-2018 at 12:53 AM.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote