Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump

Comment

what are you saving up for, a tablet? If so, don't skimp out on a cheaper product. Go Wacom, and go big.
      all good things in life are green and pink -Blu

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Nice avatar mnstrsqd
          I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

guess i'll add to the congrats

Good job!!

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by spyboygreen View Post
              what are you saving up for, a tablet? If so, don't skimp out on a cheaper product. Go Wacom, and go big.
              yea, im saving up for the cintiq 12wx
              im a 5th of the way there xD
              Originally posted by mnstrsqd View Post
              Looks great!
              thx
              Originally posted by Mycroft View Post
              Nice avatar mnstrsqd
              thank you ^_^
              Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
              guess i'll add to the congrats

Good job!!
              lol, thx!

Comment

you may want to trial run the Cintiq before you buy it; a lot of consumer reports show that it falls short of what commercial artists expected (its more of a Cintiq-lite than a smaller ver. of the Cintiq). I've also read a lot more positive reviews, and can see (technically) the Intuos 4 being superior (double the pressure sensetivity, wider work area, more programmable buttons, reversibly/scalability, etc). I'm with you that I want to "see" the work area that I'm working on, but the more I read about it, and my personal experience with Intuos; I'm a bit wary of the Cintiq myself. Just my .02; hope that helps. Your money would be better spent on an Intuos4 and CS4 at a student rate, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by spyboygreen View Post
                  you may want to trial run the Cintiq before you buy it; a lot of consumer reports show that it falls short of what commercial artists expected (its more of a Cintiq-lite than a smaller ver. of the Cintiq). I've also read a lot more positive reviews, and can see (technically) the Intuos 4 being superior (double the pressure sensetivity, wider work area, more programmable buttons, reversibly/scalability, etc). I'm with you that I want to "see" the work area that I'm working on, but the more I read about it, and my personal experience with Intuos; I'm a bit wary of the Cintiq myself. Just my .02; hope that helps. Your money would be better spent on an Intuos4 and CS4 at a student rate, imo.
                  how do u trial it, u can do that? O.o
                  lol,
                  i have a wacom bamboo small now, but i really do like the idea of drawing directly on the screen

Comment

It really depends on whereabouts you live. SOME stores in large metro areas may let you "test drive" one; I've seen demos done in Dallas and Houston. Personally, I got to try a Cintiq 21x from an illustrator friend of mine who lives in Austin. Whereas it was a pretty cool experience, it didn't really "enhance" the tablet experience like I thought it would. I came to the conclusion that:
                    a)the Intuos was cheaper
                    b)a monitor has better resolution
                    c)my hand doesn't get in the way of my field of vision on an Intuos (:P)
                    d)the Intuos has more usable features than the Cintiq
                    but, that's just me. I can't let a tablet replace a pencil to paper for line work; and thus didn't see the need to "see" my work area. It may be different for you *shrugs* which is why I suggest "testing" first; if possible. Everyone's got their preferences.

Comment

yea, i think i would like getting up and personal with my coloring, as long as its the way i see it xD
                      thx though, im going to do more research if i ever get to the point of actually buying it (ive got some time lol T_T)

Comment

Working...
                      X