No announcement yet.

My White Lantern/Rainbow Lantern Drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The name of the program is Photoshop 6.0?
    I want to download it.

Comment

BL-Wraith:
      You can submit by going to:
      http://www.dccomics.com/dccomics/abo...on=submissions
      However, I would HIGHLY recommend getting some independent works done before going straight "to the big dogs". They typically refer back to a portfolio and resume built up w/ an already existent fan-base. Look up Nei Ruffino on DeviantArt (one of the colorists of Blackest Night), she got her start with Zenoscape comics, and still works with them in addition to DC. Another thing you're going to want is a FULL knowledge of Photoshop, Corel Painter, and some exposure to Manga Studio and SketchBookPro.

Alone Rider:
      he's using Photoshop Elements 6.0. This is kind of a photoshop-lite program that is often offered with digital art supplies/groupings (I know they ship copies of it with Wacom tablets and Media Center PC's). If you're going the download route, I would recommend getting the full CS4 suite, and becoming familiar with Illustrator and Photoshop. HOWEVER, you will need to purchase a legal license before you do ANYTHING professional (i.e. get paid) with that program; as Adobe is highly against pirating their products and will research back. Let me know if there's anything I can clarify for you on these programs.
      all good things in life are green and pink -Blu

Comment

BL-Wraith:
        However, I would HIGHLY recommend getting some independent works done before going straight "to the big dogs". They typically refer back to a portfolio and resume built up w/ an already existent fan-base. Look up Nei Ruffino on DeviantArt (one of the colorists of Blackest Night), she got her start with Zenoscape comics, and still works with them in addition to DC. Another thing you're going to want is a FULL knowledge of Photoshop, Corel Painter, and some exposure to Manga Studio and SketchBookPro.

Alone Rider:
        he's using Photoshop Elements 6.0. This is kind of a photoshop-lite program that is often offered with digital art supplies/groupings (I know they ship copies of it with Wacom tablets and Media Center PC's). If you're going the download route, I would recommend getting the full CS4 suite, and becoming familiar with Illustrator and Photoshop. HOWEVER, you will need to purchase a legal license before you do ANYTHING professional (i.e. get paid) with that program; as Adobe is highly against pirating their products and will research back. Let me know if there's anything I can clarify for you on these programs.

Comment

Originally posted by BL-Wraith View Post
          oh lol, how is he like ambush bug then? xD
          The lines going to his eyes are reminiscent of Ambus Bug, and the tendrils of energy rising above the eyes remind me of his antena. I know that he actually looks nothing like AB but this just popped into my head when I first saw him.

Comment

Originally posted by spyboygreen View Post
            BL-Wraith:

Alone Rider:
            oh lol, no im not tryng to submit for a job or anything like that, i just want to submit it as like, fan work.. sry for the misunderstanding lol xD
            im not ready for a proffesional job at any company yet, im only 14 lol

Originally posted by Wolfdagon View Post
            The lines going to his eyes are reminiscent of Ambus Bug, and the tendrils of energy rising above the eyes remind me of his antena. I know that he actually looks nothing like AB but this just popped into my head when I first saw him.
            oh lol, ok

Comment

LoL, my bad. You're really good for 14, which is where my assumption came in. I was submitting work to Image when I was 16; so just kinda reflected.

Comment

Alone Rider:
                Thanks! And I do have another question. I just want to learn to color my sketches like BL-Wraith does. Most of my sketches are Green Lantern's, so I would like to try with that tipe of coloring.
                But I can't pay for a program. I would have to download it. What program do you recomend?
                Thanks a lot!

Comment

I'll post this in public forum in case anyone else is curious:

If you can't afford a high-end program (like Photoshop or Corel), and are against torrents for whatever reason, your best bet is GIMP. It is a free, open-source Linux version of photoshop. It can do almost anything Photoshop can do, has a ton of plug-ins, and works VERY similar to both Paint and Photoshop (so online tutorials still, more or less, work). The downside is that the experience doesn't translate very well real-world (as companies don't use this program), and the file extensions do not convert to other coloring programs.

If you're just limited on funding, PS Elements runs for about $75 (but comes free w/ a Wacom tablet), and Manga Studio is about the same price (but comes with a TON of drawing and layout tools if you want to do full-on comics). If you're serious about getting into digital coloring, I HIGHLY recommend getting a Wacom (no other tablet will do, trust me) and playing with PS Elements. It's an initial $100 (for a small, double for a medium) to get a Bamboo and the software w/ it; which is a good entry level package. Just start saving RIGHT after that, cuz you WILL grow out of Elements and your Bamboo quickly (as it rather obvious with BL-Wraith's art...good show to him). Hopefully, this answers your questions; please let me know if I can help out in any way. Feel free to PM me w/ any questions you have.

Comment

Also there is a bit of a learnign curve, I picked up a bamboo a couple years ago at SDCC and planned on learning both corel and photoshop, but have since "taken a break" from full digital pencilling because of the akwardsness from goin tablet to screen. It may be different for other people but for me it was a bit too steep at the time to learn it. I think that instead of jumping right in you should give the bamboo a try to see if you like it.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

LoL, my bad. You're really good for 14, which is where my assumption came in. I was submitting work to Image when I was 16; so just kinda reflected.
                      lol np xD

I'll post this in public forum in case anyone else is curious:

If you can't afford a high-end program (like Photoshop or Corel), and are against torrents for whatever reason, your best bet is GIMP. It is a free, open-source Linux version of photoshop. It can do almost anything Photoshop can do, has a ton of plug-ins, and works VERY similar to both Paint and Photoshop (so online tutorials still, more or less, work). The downside is that the experience doesn't translate very well real-world (as companies don't use this program), and the file extensions do not convert to other coloring programs.

If you're just limited on funding, PS Elements runs for about $75 (but comes free w/ a Wacom tablet), and Manga Studio is about the same price (but comes with a TON of drawing and layout tools if you want to do full-on comics). If you're serious about getting into digital coloring, I HIGHLY recommend getting a Wacom (no other tablet will do, trust me) and playing with PS Elements. It's an initial $100 (for a small, double for a medium) to get a Bamboo and the software w/ it; which is a good entry level package. Just start saving RIGHT after that, cuz you WILL grow out of Elements and your Bamboo quickly (as it rather obvious with BL-Wraith's art...good show to him). Hopefully, this answers your questions; please let me know if I can help out in any way. Feel free to PM me w/ any questions you have.
                      omg, u described my art life xD
                      i first scanned my art and colored with gimp with a mouse (ew!)
                      then i got the wacom small and PS elements for 100, and have been doing that for a while now.
                      now i want more! > lol,
                      i want the cintiq 12wx for more precise coloring.
                      still need 800 bucks though lmao xD
                      but yea, great tips!
                      you should make some tutorial threads
                      i added u to my friends ^_^

Comment

mos def, I felt those were the steps a lot of artists will take as they go forward. I talk/hang out/collaborate with a lot of artists, and it just seems like a very familiar story.
                        as far as persicion, I just can't plug the Intuos4 enough. 2048 levels of pressure sensetivity. That's like a fly landing on you rediculously sensetive :P AND it's only $300 for a medium (which, imo, is MORE than enough work area if you're used to a regular sheet of paper)

I was thinking of doing some tutorial threads, but wasn't sure what people were looking for. You have anything you want to see specifically? I'm totally open to suggestions; and will gladly include screenshots/walk-throughs on digital inking, shading, use of filters/brushes, after effects, etc. Let me know, and I'll start putting one together

Comment

If you can do this at 14, you will be amazing in a few years. Keep it up man. I used to take art in highschool, and loved it, but I quit as soon as I went to college. I wish I had continued, because I'd be pretty good by now.
                          sigpic
                          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

mos def, I felt those were the steps a lot of artists will take as they go forward. I talk/hang out/collaborate with a lot of artists, and it just seems like a very familiar story.
                            as far as persicion, I just can't plug the Intuos4 enough. 2048 levels of pressure sensetivity. That's like a fly landing on you rediculously sensetive :P AND it's only $300 for a medium (which, imo, is MORE than enough work area if you're used to a regular sheet of paper)

I was thinking of doing some tutorial threads, but wasn't sure what people were looking for. You have anything you want to see specifically? I'm totally open to suggestions; and will gladly include screenshots/walk-throughs on digital inking, shading, use of filters/brushes, after effects, etc. Let me know, and I'll start putting one together
                            the intuos to me, just seems like a bigger bamboo xD
                            also, theres a lot of people who want to know how to color better in photoshop, if u did a step by step with brushes and tools and all that, i think people would love it.
                            i, personally, would wanna know how to do the aura of green lantern like they do in the comics xD

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                            If you can do this at 14, you will be amazing in a few years. Keep it up man. I used to take art in highschool, and loved it, but I quit as soon as I went to college. I wish I had continued, because I'd be pretty good by now.
                            thx!
                            thats what my dad says lol
                            i hope to keep going with it
                            i really love doing it

Comment

WOW...very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
                                WOW...very nice.
                                thx!

Comment

Working...
                                X