Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Buy A Green Lantern/Superman Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
    If it were a mini, sure. Ongoing, I don't see the point.
    Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
    6 issue or a 12 issue story, it could be a mini-series where Supes interacts wich the 5 earth GL's

^100 and 10% agree with this

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by twoeightonefour View Post
      Considering that Sodam Yat is a Daxamite I would rather a book between him and Superman. I'd be interested to see if they could play on the Daxam/Krypton tension that is sometimes alluded to and have them really take on more issues amongst that culture. I think even that would only work in a mini but to me that is more interesting an option that Supes and Hal.
      Agreed

Comment

I don't see Superman and GL as being best friends, sorry to say. Can't even think of a memorable interaction aside from Superman talking down to Hal in a GL special and GL later thinking Superman was a jerk in ACW.

If they could find a way to make GL/GA interesting again, then it might work.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hal offered him a ring in One Year Later. That seems friendly.

Comment

Friendly, sure .... but not to the point where I'd say they were best friends.

Not to say it couldn't work or anything (especially with the help of a few well written retcons), but it's not my first choice for a team up.

Comment

Of course not, poozer!

I mean the book would have to have one hell of a good premise to hook me in. The simple idea of a Batman/Superman type of book, where Supes and Gl team up just for the hell of it, isn't enough to interest me.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Manta View Post
                Green Lantern and Superman, No.

Green Lantern and Green Arrow, yes.
                id go for that as well

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
                  I don't see Superman and GL as being best friends, sorry to say. Can't even think of a memorable interaction aside from Superman talking down to Hal in a GL special and GL later thinking Superman was a jerk in ACW.

If they could find a way to make GL/GA interesting again, then it might work.
                  Well no wonder they don't get along, Supes couldn't open up the damn window before flying through?

SigbyZanderYurami

Comment

Originally posted by Ionized View Post
                    Well no wonder they don't get along, Supes couldn't open up the damn window before flying through?
                    lol. Well, that's Hal thinking back in ACW. Although Superman was no less condecending in the GL Special, IMHO.

Comment

I, Booster Gold, would like to point out that they get along fine.

I mean, once you've LITERALLY gone through Hell and back together, you tend to be friends.

In this we had some really nice interactions between GL and Supers set in a time between the end of GLv2 and the begginging of GLv3. It begins with the two just hanging out (taking out a group of unsuspecting muggers in a park, even*), and leads them through an adventure that takes the two into the very depths of Hell, where we see a very character driven moment of Superman, as we witness what his own personal Hell would actually be, as Hal has to struggle to snap him out of it. All this is cetnered around the Green Flame of Alan Scott's lantern.

Its a great story, and if a new GL/Supes book wre to be anything like it, I would buy it in a heartbeat... in trade, but still.

*shown here:
                      Boosteroo
                      Corpse Trainee
                      Last edited by Boosteroo; 05-08-2011, 03:31 PM. Reason: added images

Comment

While they're friendly enough working on the same team, they lack the 'buddy', close-knit almost brotherly relationship that Clark and Bruce, Hal and Barry (and to a lesser extent Hal and Ollie) have or Booster and Ted had.

Maybe Hal and Clark will have a story in The Brave and the Bold, but I don't think there's any more potential than that in the match-up.
                        Minimum space distance:
                        a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
                        ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

You know what team-up book I'd buy?

Hal and Alan, that's what. they aren't best pals either, which might make it more interesting. Although I don't know how long they could keep that up before it became dull. I dropped Supes/Bats because it became dull, so even that's not the best example. I'm sure it sells well enough regardless of the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosteroo View Post
                            I, Booster Gold, would like to point out that they get along fine.

I mean, once you've LITERALLY gone through Hell and back together, you tend to be friends.
                            Well, there you have it. He'd know.

Originally posted by chivalrous View Post
                            While they're friendly enough working on the same team, they lack the 'buddy', close-knit almost brotherly relationship that Clark and Bruce, Hal and Barry (and to a lesser extent Hal and Ollie) have or Booster and Ted had . . .
                            This

Comment

i wouldn't get a superman/ hal team book

i like the level of interaction that the two characters various titles have at the moment
                              one of my favorite things that Geoff Johns has done is the use of cyborg superman and superboy prime as GL villains

but i don't think that hal and clark would make a very good team, there's gotta be bad blood between them over the fact that if superman hadn't gone down fighting doomsday then mongol and the cyborg wouldn't have blown up coast city and driven hal into the emerald twilight rampage

Comment

I'd say "no" to buying another book. While showing mutual respect, there's little to no reason for the two to have a solo team-up. Throughout the years, it's been Barry and Hal and then Ollie and Hal. Anything aside from the aforementioned team-ups screams, "We want your money!"

Originally posted by Dr Warren View Post
                                there's gotta be bad blood between them over the fact that if superman hadn't gone down fighting doomsday then mongol and the cyborg wouldn't have blown up coast city and driven hal into the emerald twilight rampage
                                That's an interesting dynamic that I don't think has ever been explored- Clark saying, "You weren't there!" and Hal saying, "my city was destroyed beacuse of you," however, everything that happened in Rebirth kind of diffuses the whole situation... and Hal can sidestep anything regarding Parallax by saying, "It wasn't me."

Comment

Working...
                                X