Stargrave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stargrave

When does Stargrave become Larfleeze's butler? I missed that somewhere. Picked up Threshold back-issues and it's not in there either. Vol 4?

It was in Threshold. You just missed it. It's certainly by the end of the series. After he figures out about how his stuff was stolen he decides to keep Stargrave as his butler instead of biographer. Stargrave premiered in Threshold. He doesn't go back to GL.

Now that you started a thread, though, we could get people's thought on him. A lot of people seem to hate him most of all. I actually think he gets most of the series few good moments.

Comment

He does make a few good quips, but he's become largely pointless. Just like the series itself.
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Okay then, when does he become his biographer? IE. when do they first meet?

As far as the character goes, I like Stargrave and think the series wouldn't work without him. Pointless? Yes. Everything in comics is pointless, there is never any lasting death or actual change. That is not how I'd like it to be, but they don't let me in the writing room. Modern comics are purely entertainment (distractions), and "Larfleeze" delivers. Stargrave's dry humor, especially in #1 and #5, had me chuckling out loud.
        sundrop
        Fatality's Blacksmith
        Last edited by sundrop; 12-19-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sundrop View Post
          Okay then, when does he become his biographer? IE. when do they first meet?...
          That would definitely be Threshold #1, but his story started "in media res," so to speak with him already being kidnapped (off-page) and filling in the back story.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            That would definitely be Threshold #1, but his story started "in media res," so to speak with him already being kidnapped (off-page) and filling in the back story.
            That's what I was afraid of. Well, hopefully they'll explore that in a flashback some issue. I'd like to see the whole history of that affair, from what Stargrave was up to until Larfleeze comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by sundrop View Post
              That's what I was afraid of. Well, hopefully they'll explore that in a flashback some issue. I'd like to see the whole history of that affair, from what Stargrave was up to until Larfleeze comes along.
              Yeah, that could happen. But maybe it's just funnier to only hear about it.

Comment

Working...
              X