Larfleeze cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    Instead of retconning all of it away, I'd rather a story be done where the ability to link to the emotional spectrum is permanently severed. People still have emotions, but they can no longer use them to fuel a power ring. The entities all leave this universe.

The only one that stays usable is green because, hey...willpower isn't a fucking emotion! Someone could use THAT piece of logic for once!
    That would be the best way to go I think. The last 10 years wasn't all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
      Instead of retconning all of it away, I'd rather a story be done where the ability to link to the emotional spectrum is permanently severed. People still have emotions, but they can no longer use them to fuel a power ring. The entities all leave this universe.

The only one that stays usable is green because, hey...willpower isn't a fucking emotion! Someone could use THAT piece of logic for once...
      That would be awesome. It could solve the reservoir thing at the same time. Someone just figures out for whatever dumb reason all the other colors drain it, but of course green doesn't because it ain't emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        That would be awesome. It could solve the reservoir thing at the same time. Someone just figures out for whatever dumb reason all the other colors drain it, but of course green doesn't because it ain't emotion.
        Though, of course, if Green doesn't drain the reservoir, then we'd be left without any explanation of why the green rings were failing, too, when the reservoir was running empty.

Comment

That's why we need a retcon. Or better yet, a reboot.
          The last fan of 1990s comics
          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I say no retcons, just get rid of the rainbows and sort everything out. Instead of this silly ban on the emotional spectrum imposed by the GLC, have something wipe them out. Have someone in canon state willpower isn't an emotion, bring back classic villains and kill off these new guardians. I've never liked the guardians in general myself so I don't know how I'd feel about them returning. Maybe just have these new ones to wear proper guardian clothing and get rid of their explorer shit.

Reintroduce classic villains and put an end to these big events.
            Originally posted by IonFan
            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
            Originally posted by Quaker
            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Though, of course, if Green doesn't drain the reservoir, then we'd be left without any explanation of why the green rings were failing, too, when the reservoir was running empty.
              An insidious EMP-style device deployed by the Durlans at the same time as Relic to mislead the GLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                An insidious EMP-style device deployed by the Durlans at the same time as Relic to mislead the GLC.
                I think if the Durlans had a device that could cause all GL rings everywhere to fail, even temporarily, they wouldn't just be using it to mislead the GLC. They'd be using it to slaughter them. No need for the slower ring-draining devices they are currently employing if they can just make the rings all cut out completely.

Comment

You're ruining my retcon here.

Comment

Sorry

Comment

I think Green Lantern missed its chance to reboot with the New 52.

What I'd do? First of all, I'd never launch that Sinestro book. Doing so unecessarily spreads things way too thin, and I don't think it's a good concept for its own title.

As for the Emotional Spectrum... I'd decimate the Indigos and Larfleeze, and contain the rest of it to New Guardians, and the Red Lanterns would be the Red Lanterns. I'd have Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps have nothing to do with it, aside from perhaps having Fatality around in GLC. Over time, the Emotional Spectrum would just lose its relevance in the GL universe.
                      ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

All of you wish away my beloved spectrum, and I curse you. THINNNEEEER!

Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

The spectrum's gotta go. It's a cancer on the GL franchise.

Comment

I said that two years ago on the DC and CBR boards, and got trolled insanely. Just like I got trolled when I said that Hal and the Corps should come back, and when i said it was time for Geoff to move on.

You would think that people who have been so wrong about this so many times would learn some humility and shut the fuck up and listen to someone who's been right about it so many times. But noooooooo!

The problem here is that you can't make cheerleaders believe that their team is screwing up. And that's who you're talking to on most message boards. You're not talking to the thousands of people who are dropping the Red Lanterns every month and are not bothering to go to a message board and talk about it.
                            Trey Strain
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-20-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Exactly. I thought Geoff Johns' ideas were a mistake from Rebirth on, but I was loudly shouted down. He's done some good stuff, but he's done far more damage.
                              The last fan of 1990s comics
                              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I think you could maybe put the whole emotional spectrum in one comic and see how it works there, rather than building the whole franchise around it. I suggested that, and of course I got shouted down.

Really, there ought to be some kind of penalty that these "fans" should pay for being so wrong so many times, and for being such jerks in the process. At least they could pay it in terms of their conduct and their overconfidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X