This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    I could be wrong, but it also seemed like in the big events there were a bunch of nameless GLs that get mowed down but whom we can't be sure died. It's kind of like counting the fatalities in The Longest Day.
    This is for the Lanterns who other writers created and he killed off. But if you know of any of his own Lanterns he killed off, please list them with that designation. Don't bother with the nameless ones.

And please restrict this to GREEN Lanterns.

Comment

Chaselon and Jack T. Chance.

Comment

Okay here's a question:

Continuity-wise:

Where exactly is Hal Jordan chronologically in the Justice League "Darkseid War" arc? In the latest one he looks like his mainstream, normal self, and he is rushing to protect Oa. Hence we can infer there is an OA to save.

I'm assuming the whole GL renegade mullet Hal with Krona's gauntlet is sometime *before* the Darkseid war arc or is this a different GL universe completely?

Comment

We posted an article somewhere here where TPTB at DC said Justice League's continuity was loose with the greater DCU. Technically, Superman should also be depowered and Batman should be Jim Gordon in a robotic suit. So, basically Johns wanted to have his cake and eat it too---using the classic version of the league (with Cyborg) no matter what they're doing in their own books. All of which seems to boil down to them not saying whether this is before Lost Army/Renegade or after.

Comment

Yep. No continuity between the books at the moment. They can each do what they want to do.

It's for the best. DC has already destroyed continuity; they might as well stop pretending it exists and see if they can make better stories because of it.

Comment

Jeebus that sounds like the most dysfunctional arrangement I've ever heard.

No wonder you lot are often disgruntled.

Whatever DC execs are making, cut it by half.

Comment

Originally posted by Locomoco808 View Post
                Jeebus that sounds like the most dysfunctional arrangement I've ever heard.

No wonder you lot are often disgruntled.

Whatever DC execs are making, cut it by half.
                I dig up a couple of the comic news sites' articles on this from the summer, in case you want more detail:

From Newsarama: So Just How Loose Is DC's New 'Loose' Continuity?

and

From Bleeding Cool: A League Of Its Own?

It had been happening more or less since the beginning of the New 52 (like Dave said) and could be seen in the lack of connection between say Wonder Woman and Justice League or Harley Quinn and Suicide Squad, but DC made it official (if you can make something this vague "official") after Convergence.

Comment

The greatest story never told

I really enjoyed the beginning of Volume 3 of Green Lantern, the Gerard Jones, Broderick, MD Bright renaissance of the Green Lantern franchise, growing from no books to eventually 3 monthlies and a quarterly. Anyway one of the storylines that never got fully addressed but that I was most hyped about was issue #19 Lantern's Light, in which Alan's Scott's apparition calls out to Hal, John and Guy . It really excited me because Alan was/is in my 3 favorite all time DC characters, along with Hal and Lightning Lad. That plus some silly DC editorial mandates had exiled the JSA into a stupid Norse Limbo, and the JSA was one of my three favorite DC franchises, along with the GLC and the LSH. The story however went no where because it was never mentioned again, probably because DC was saving the JSA rebirth for later, however my question is this, has/have any of you guys ever talked to Gerard Jones about the story he wanted to tell? There are tales of untold tales like what the storyline was going to be if Emerald Twilight didn't happen so I was curious if what Jones wanted to do with this storyline was supposed to be?

Comment

Question about Pre-New52 Emerald Twilight Parallax and the impending showdown with Krona-Gauntlet Hal Jordan present continuity:

Regarding his abilities/power level. This guy has Parallax inside him-- ALONG with essentially the power levels of all the 3600 of the dead/retconned GL's from the universe he came from, ALONG with having ate their Central power battery. Oh, and ALONG with Parallax itself being the living embodiment/prime source of Fear.

Which I'm assuming "it" (Parallax) doesn't tap into much since all you see is overly blatant use of Will energy whenever Hal/Parallax uses his powers. (What I'm saying is.. and maybe I'm being a bit anal about... if Hal/Parallax uses Fear power, it would be yellow energy correct?)

I know there's a lot of retconning going on and not all of it is going to make complete sense, just wondering if this is the basic gist of what you old-time fans are thinking of even in the present "loose" continuity of the DC universe.

I mean, we've never seen (yet) the Hal/Parallax exhibit some kind of dual Will/Fear power exhibition right? But we might? I mean technically it's possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Locomoco808 View Post
                      Question about Pre-New52 Emerald Twilight Parallax and the impending showdown with Krona-Gauntlet Hal Jordan present continuity:

Regarding his abilities/power level. This guy has Parallax inside him-- ALONG with essentially the power levels of all the 3600 of the dead/retconned GL's from the universe he came from, ALONG with having ate their Central power battery. Oh, and ALONG with Parallax itself being the living embodiment/prime source of Fear.

Which I'm assuming "it" (Parallax) doesn't tap into much since all you see is overly blatant use of Will energy whenever Hal/Parallax uses his powers. (What I'm saying is.. and maybe I'm being a bit anal about... if Hal/Parallax uses Fear power, it would be yellow energy correct?)

I know there's a lot of retconning going on and not all of it is going to make complete sense, just wondering if this is the basic gist of what you old-time fans are thinking of even in the present "loose" continuity of the DC universe.

I mean, we've never seen (yet) the Hal/Parallax exhibit some kind of dual Will/Fear power exhibition right? But we might? I mean technically it's possible?
                      New 52 Parallax via Convergence as I understand it is the original. He doesn't know of the alien fear parasite -- this version is the one who assumes he did what he did to set things straight, with some guilt of what he did and presuming Renegade Hal will also fail Coast City.

His power level should be off the charts as the time travelled- parallel universe tralleling character with the entire power of the GLC.

New 52 Gauntlet Renegade Hal has an unpredictable weapon -- but should be a significant underdog in the upcoming conflict...
                      “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Lundonj View Post
                        New 52 Parallax via Convergence as I understand it is the original. He doesn't know of the alien fear parasite -- this version is the one who assumes he did what he did to set things straight, with some guilt of what he did and presuming Renegade Hal will also fail Coast City...
                        I agree, but since the Fear entity retcon predates the New 52, it's still possible this Hal-Parallax is possessed by it but not knowing it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          I agree, but since the Fear entity retcon predates the New 52, it's still possible this Hal-Parallax is possessed by it but not knowing it yet.
                          Yes, I agree. I went with what I think Parallax currently thinks of himself based on Convergence -- and was trying to keep my initial response less confusing, but I agree, it is very possible Renegade Hal will explain the parasite to this Parallax Hal...
                          “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

In the right hands, Parallax Hal can be, Hal's Ra's al Ghul, or Maestro (future version of the Hulk). An ultimate foe whose motivations are completely bad just complex, who only shows up once every few years for one heck of a storyline. He should never be over used, and saved for special big events/occasions. I hope the current GL writer (and the ones that follow) understand that. Especially if Sinestro is to remain an anti hero, then Hal needs a new big bad.

Comment

They should flush Parallax and any mind-possessing entities. That stuff has outlived it usefulness. if it ever had any.
                              Trey Strain
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-09-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

It would be a hoot if Parallax Hal expelled the bug but still wanted to fix things. Explain or write his beliefs in a believable way and stop using the bug as a cop out. You don't have to agree with Magneto or Xavier to understand their reasoning. There could be a perfectly logical reason why Parallax Hal will forever be at odds with Green Lantern Hal.

Comment

Working...
                                X