No announcement yet.

The Kaiju thread (Godzilla and friends)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kaiju thread (Godzilla and friends)

Okay. There seems to be more than a few Kaiju (Japanese monster films) fans here, so let's get our own thread going.

This is the place to talk about Kaiju news, reviews, previews, or general talk about Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, or what you will. So have at it.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

So, first up, my favorite kaiju are Godzilla, Mothra, and Minilla (Minira), though I'd be hard pressed to rate whether I really like the big G or Mothra better.
    Having thin wings seems like a pretty big disadvantage for a giant monster, but I think I always liked his origins (that he's a protector and summoned by two tiny chicks in a box!).

Comment

Sorry to post so much on the thread I started, but I really did just finish watching Rodan. This is an early kaiju, where the creatures die (not just retreat) at the end.

Comment

"Looks like Godzilla with a backpack."

Comment

Any room for Super Giant?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            This is an early kaiju, where the creatures die (not just retreat) at the end.
            Yeah, Godzilla was serious bony 'toast' at the end of the original film.

Abin Surly
            or ewe sirius
            Last edited by Abin Surly; 09-28-2011, 04:05 AM.

Comment

This thread was indeed a long time coming.

Comment

i know i'm going get alot of hate when i say this but it is what it is.......

i liked the Godzilla we got in 2000

< link here

as well as the US Godzilla

< link here

and the cartoon show we got from it

< link here

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I liked the Godzilla millenium series of films that started with Godzilla 2000 ....

Godzilla 1998 (GINO/Zilla) .... well .... it would have made a better 'Beast from 20,000 Fathoms' remake. It's just not anything remotely Godzilla.

As far as the Zilla animated series goes, it's better than the film actually.

Comment

I love King Ghidorah, Mothra, Battra & naturally Jet Jaguar.

I was always hoping they would reuse Battra but sadly no.

Did anyone else think is was really odd in "Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla" when Mechagodzilla first shows itself and there's a really weird big band sound playing?
                    Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb Lancaster View Post
                      Any room for Super Giant?
                      Sure. Ultraman fits here too, I just am not as familiar with those properties.

Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
                      Yeah, Godzilla was serious bony 'toast' at the end of the original film.
                      Yep. Good ol "oxygen destroyer," which would appear to kill marine life by bubbles!

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
                      Did anyone else think is was really odd in "Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla" when Mechagodzilla first shows itself and there's a really weird big band sound playing?
                      It's been years since I've seen that one. Will have to check it out again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Yep. Good ol "oxygen destroyer," which would appear to kill marine life by bubbles!
                        Makes ya worry about fartin' in the bath tub, don't it? Talk about your 'oxygen destroyer'. lol

Comment

I always wanted to see a giant monster/robot melee battle royal. Godzilla vs. Rodan vs. Gigan vs. Mothra vs. Ghidora vs. Ultraman vs. Spectreman vs. Jet Jaguar vs. Space Giants. It would be fun just to see them kick the crap out of each other and blow stuff up... and points for anyone that can even remember Spectreman.

Comment

Godzilla: Final Wars was probably the closest. It didn't have all the crossovers you mention, but it had most of the headliners, including MechaG, and the real Godzilla beats the American one (whom the alien controller calls a tuna-eater).

Comment

Yeah, I have Final Wars on DVD. As much as I like Godzilla, I had a hard time getting through that flick. Most of the time, I just want to see the monsters battle it out. The human interactions slows the movie to a crawl and puts me to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X