New Legion of Doom in Justice League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Legion of Doom in Justice League

I don't know why I am so sour about the use of Sinestro in the Legion of Doom in Snyder's Justice League book but I am. Of the Horseman earth Lanterns, Sinestro has had the least interaction with John. I must admit I was already sour when they chose John and not Hal for the Justice League. Not because I don't like John but because Hal has gotten so little Justice League time, even in John's version he left the team early. It is also because of the seeming notion at DC that all GL's are the same and you can put anybody with a ring anywhere since they are interchangeable to help with gender and racial diversity issues. Sinestro shouldn't care about the earth in general and shouldn't be used as John's nemesis since he is Hal's. If you want to be true to the cartoon then use Hal if you want John in the JLA use or create John's arch enemies.

Maybe they'll allude to John's possession by Sinestro during Mosaic. Unlikely in the extreme, since that would contradict Geoff John's assertion that Sinestro was alive that whole time, but they've done wierder things.

Comment

ah Ch'p and the truck that would be funny however unlikely

Comment

Green Lantern is in such a sorry state that no matter what a writer does, they can't win for losing. Someone will be mad, upset, bothered, annoyed, or whatever. As a fan... or one time fan, I've just come to terms with this franchise that many times, perhaps even most of the time... maybe even ALL of the time, I'm not going to get what I'd ideally like to see. And whatever I'd ideally like to see is at total odds with probably a sizable portion of the fanbase. The funny thing is, no matter what you would like to see, the same holds true for everyone.
        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

With Hawkgirl and J'onn back on the team as well, Snyder seems to merge the New52 League with the Animated Series. John is a logical pick for that approach, and I would rather read about him than Jessica and Simon.

Also, Sinestro is back in his classic costume, so they will probably dial back on the emotional spectrum for a while. Which is all I wanted from the franchise for seven years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
            With Hawkgirl and J'onn back on the team as well, Snyder seems to merge the New52 League with the Animated Series. John is a logical pick for that approach, and I would rather read about him than Jessica and Simon.

Also, Sinestro is back in his classic costume, so they will probably dial back on the emotional spectrum for a while. Which is all I wanted from the franchise for seven years now.
            Co-signed.

- Ω

Comment

Snyder is not dialing back on the Emotional Spectrum. He has created something that is very likely to be even worse, and that is infinitely dumber sounding, which is a HUGE feat. "The Invisible Emotional Spectrum." Rather than try to explain this, I talk about it in this video:

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
              ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

With the huge difference that he uses that for a story or two, and then moves on.
                DC Comics will tell other stories and not get hung up on the invisible spectrum for a dozen years.

Comment

Working...
                X