The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #251
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

No Netflix or Hulu. I don't believe any site, including Cartoon Network, is providing the new episodes online. Legally, that is.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #252
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Amazon and iTunes are.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #253
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Yeah. You can watch on-line legally if you are willing to pay. I'd wager that it would be cheaper to wait for the next DVD set, but I can understand not wanting to do so.

I'm lucky that my folks are willing to DVR it for me, and that I can access their DVR on-line.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #254
Space Cop
The Dandy

Finally got around to watching the most recent episode (as well as the DC Robot Chicken). Great nod to the fans with all the classic lanterns. I definitely think Hal was zapped to the antimatter universe (and that the steampunk planet will be one of the planets in it).
Old 10-13-2012, 03:47 AM   #255
Hirogen
Kyle's Nude Model

Amazon, huh? I have to check that out, thanks!
Hirogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #256
Bat22
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Yeah, baby!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #257
Blue Lantern
Green Lantern Initiate

OH YEAH!!! Saturday mornings just interesting again.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #258
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

Definitely get the Scar feel from that bald female Guardian, and were those gremlin looking things possibly Qwardians?
Jeffi.Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #259
Hybrid Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

I'm liking OL Hal.
Hybrid Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #260
Blue Lantern
Green Lantern Initiate

I hope that have more of the Blue Lantern, I mean why would you not keep a guy on your team that can boost your power up a few notches and can takes down a RL starship with one punch?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #261
jhpace1
Manhunter Repairman

I think the editors/writers are going to continue our 50-year GL history with:
- Qward (aka the Thunderers and Weaponers)
- Sinestro as a GL
- the Orange Lantern
- depowered Lanterns fighting for survival on Qward
- Atrocitius regaining his RL ring, and fighting Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire
- the Guardians becoming just a little more dark, more obsessive

I'm hoping they save the Orange Lantern for last. Brother Walker should be getting with Ganthet-the-now-Blue-Guardian on Odym. If we continue "compressing" GL history like this, we could see Blackest Night in Season Two/Three (late 2013).

A few minor quibbles:
- Great, you're depowered in your flight suit on Qward. NOW do you see the need for a backup techno-survival suit and weapon other than your GL ring, Hal Jordan? And pack a couple of emergency suits/tech for your friends.
- How's touching those other Lanterns, like the Star Sapphires (including ex-girlfriend Carol Ferris), and now the Orange Lantern, without any protection, working out, Hal Jordan? We're going to see a red ring on Hal yet.
- Would Razer please get himself an USB flash drive and download a backup copy of Aya? She's too much of a target.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #262
Bat22
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
I'm hoping they save the Orange Lantern for last. Brother Walker should be getting with Ganthet-the-now-Blue-Guardian on Odym. If we continue "compressing" GL history like this, we could see Blackest Night in Season Two/Three (late 2013).
I'm not sure if we'll be seeing Ganthet. He had a fairly somber departure in the first season, perhaps in no small part due to his voice actor's passing. I wonder if that's why Appa - "the Mad Guardian" of the comic books - had a personal revelation over the Manhunters in the S1 finale and appears more tolerant of Jordan's attitude thus far. Maybe his wicked turn is far less likely in the animated series. Perhaps the Blue Lantern Walker is to be Ganthet's legacy and a unique individual for the time being.

I do hope that the Sinestro and Indigo Corps remain benched for this season. S1 already had the green, violet, red, and eventually blue representatives. Let orange be the breakout one for this season. For S2 and even S3, I'd rather a yellow representative be an individual the way it had been with Sinestro for decades in the books.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #263
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I hope you get it your way Bat22. Spacing the concepts out throughout numerous seasons would be much better (as if we had to have them at all). We're still in season 1 and we've already been exposed to most of the colors of the rainbow.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #264
Blue Lantern
Green Lantern Initiate

Just finished watching a show from season 2 called Steam Lantern, seriously not impressed, I'm a fan of steam punk so it was cool to watch, but from a GL stand point. Not good at all.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #265
Hybrid Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lantern View Post
Just finished watching a show from season 2 called Steam Lantern, seriously not impressed, I'm a fan of steam punk so it was cool to watch, but from a GL stand point. Not good at all.
Season 1 has NOT finished yet.
Hybrid Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #266
Bat22
Guy's Drinking Buddy

I forget we're still in the middle of season 1!

But I could not disagree more re: STEAM LANTERN. It might have seemed "out of the way" compared to the overarching storyline but I appreciate such moments and wish the comic books had more standalone adventures in unusual settings that don't pertain to building up the latest color spectrum event.

STEAM delivered that while revealing the Anti-Monitor's point of origin, showcasing Hal's heroism, honoring Silver Age Lantern creators, and hinting at the Golden Age Lantern himself.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:18 AM   #267
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat22 View Post
I forget we're still in the middle of season 1!
Doesn't matter what they say. They treat the first 13 episodes like a separate season when it comes to storyline and villains.

I consider the first 13 episodes to be season one, while the other 13 are season two episodes disguised as season one episodes.

But that’s just what I think.

Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 12-30-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #268
Blue Lantern
Green Lantern Initiate

Either you guys are incorrect, or this cartoon site mislabeled the episode. either way, I have to agree with Batt. nice touch for the Golden Age Lantern mention, and a great way to intro the anti-monitor origin. But I still didn't care for it too much.

Steam Lantern

Last edited by Blue Lantern; 12-30-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #269
VeesFistOfDeath
Green Lantern

Im gonna have to re-watch Steam Lantern. I do not remember too much.
VeesFistOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 AM   #270
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lantern View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
Season 1 has NOT finished yet.
i don't care what "they" say, season 1 was over with at the end of the RL story arc we're well into season 2 (after all you don't go this long between seasons and still get to call it season 1)

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump

Last edited by IonFan; 12-31-2012 at 02:04 AM.
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #271
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
i don't care what "they" say, season 1 was over with at the end of the RL story arc we're well into season 2 (after all you don't go this long between seasons and still get to call it season 1)
My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #272
Mister Ed

I'm not even clear on what benefit they think they get out of TRYING to say it is all one Season. I mean, there is a clear breakpoint storywise, and they already sold the "first-half" as a single product on DVD. To my mind, from a marketing standpoint, it works better to call them separate seasons. A complete season DVD set always looks better than a half-season DVD set, because IMHO it looks greedy to split a single season into two sets, so the perception is better with "full season" vs. "half-season" even if it, in reality, contains exactly the same episodes.

Plus, if they are separate seasons, then it looks a lot less lame to make people wait so long for the "second half", people can get excited about hype for twice as many "Season Finales" and "Season Premieres", etc. I'm just not seeing any benefit whatsoever from insisting that it is all one Season...
Old 12-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #273
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm not even clear on what benefit they think they get out of TRYING to say it is all one Season. I mean, there is a clear breakpoint storywise, and they already sold the "first-half" as a single product on DVD. To my mind, from a marketing standpoint, it works better to call them separate seasons. A complete season DVD set always looks better than a half-season DVD set, because IMHO it looks greedy to split a single season into two sets, so the perception is better with "full season" vs. "half-season" even if it, in reality, contains exactly the same episodes.

Plus, if they are separate seasons, then it looks a lot less lame to make people wait so long for the "second half", people can get excited about hype for twice as many "Season Finales" and "Season Premieres", etc. I'm just not seeing any benefit whatsoever from insisting that it is all one Season...
These days it just seems cooler to call 26 episodes a full season despite the fact that the season is split in half which basically makes it redundant. It doesn’t really make much of a difference though; almost every action cartoon (especially on Cartoon Network) is generally cancelled after 65 episodes. I really do hate that though and hope it doesn’t affect GL (honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if CN canned it after the first season), since the developers of the show mentioned that they wanted the show to last six or seven seasons.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #274
Mister Ed

It really bugs me that there is apparently no way to get such a show on the air ANYWHERE except on CN. So if CN cancels it, that means it's doomed. Whatever happened to the old days when MULTIPLE channels, including broadcast networks, actually showed decent cartoon shows? Nowadays, if I ever see a cartoon show on a broadcast network it is either, a.) reruns of a VERY old cartoon show (if I'm lucky) or b.) a show that is essentially just a giant ad for some collectible card/toy game?

I'm not naive enough to miss the fact that the old cartoon shows I remember so fondly also functioned as giant advertisements for merchandise, to greater or lesser (mostly greater) degrees. It just seemed less overt somehow (and had, IMHO, more fun stories) than shows where the characters in the show are essentially shown using the merchandise (cards, "toys", etc.) that they want the viewers to buy. Somehow it seemed slightly less egregious when they tried to sell me toy versions of the characters and vehicles on G.I. Joe, vs. trying to sell me the card game that the characters on the show are actually playing...
Old 12-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #275
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
It really bugs me that there is apparently no way to get such a show on the air ANYWHERE except on CN. So if CN cancels it, that means it's doomed. Whatever happened to the old days when MULTIPLE channels, including broadcast networks, actually showed decent cartoon shows? Nowadays, if I ever see a cartoon show on a broadcast network it is either, a.) reruns of a VERY old cartoon show (if I'm lucky) or b.) a show that is essentially just a giant ad for some collectible card/toy game?
Well there is the HUB, which recently aired / announced some original animated programming (and not all of it appears to be made just so they can sell some toys).

But since Warner Brothers owns Cartoon Network, they demand that all new DC cartoon adaptions air on that station, and Cartoon Network as of lately has been treating the shows like crap.