Green Lanterns #29 PREVIEW
    Writer: Sam Humphries
    Artist: Eduardo Pansica, Julio Ferriera, Alex Sollazzo, and Dave Sharpe
    0.00%
    60.00%
    40.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%

Most of the issues are pretty tolerable, but this arc is just bad.

These rookies are training the first ever lanterns?

The dialogue was horrible too. I'll probably stick around to see if the next writer can improve this book, only a few issues left.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
      OMG

are you for real? if so the future is f@cked

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post

That's textbook right there for derrivitive replacement heroes. Have them perform a task that wows the exisitng heroes and earns their respect, no matter how silly it has to be. DC and Marvel have been doing that since the 90s, if not earlier.

Comment

I'll take Raker and his origin story for the GLC over this. The Tigorr looking guy is actually an ancient Tamaranian? WHY?!?

Only person I'm remotely interested in is the guy who looks like a Czarnian.

~//V\\~

Comment

I like the robot from Grenda, and thought that was a neat history for the world, but most of the other Ancient Lanterns don't do it for me.

Comment

Issue out. Poll up. Review here.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                Issue out. Poll up. Review here.
                It's funny Iggy mentioned the art comparison. I assumed there was some change in the art, but didn't check. It felt very different.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  It's funny Iggy mentioned the art comparison. I assumed there was some change in the art, but didn't check. It felt very different.
                  I don't have the books in front of me, but could the colorists have changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mechinoid View Post
                    I don't have the books in front of me, but could the colorists have changed?
                    You're right. It's a different colorist.

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
                      I'll take Raker and his origin story for the GLC over this.
                      If I recall correctly, Raker's origin story was about the expansion of the Corps to its traditional size, in response to the threat of Darkseid. Did it actually say anything about the ORIGINS of the Corps?

Though this is certainly a retcon if there is no mention of Rori Dag, the previously established first GL.

Comment

It's a retcon. Instead of the Manhunters we have the threat of Volthoom demanding his Travel Lantern back. At this point, I'm not sure the traditional Guardians of the Universe history doesn't have more holes than a chunk of Swiss cheese. Just like when they showed Krona making the Power Gauntlet with the other Guardians in White Power robes.

Comment

Working...
                        X