No announcement yet.

Have Marvel's movies gotten too jokey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is always a danger of losing the balancing act with humor. If the Marvel movies fall to one side, they risk making these movies parodies of themselves. Thor 3 was the closest I've seen them come yet. I can forgive it because I WAS entertained, but I see it as a problem for the MCU, which is on an inevitable collision course with bursting the bubble for this genre. The heyday isn't going to last forever just as it didn't for westerns or slasher movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      But then again, I'm not thrilled with many DC movies. So, I think I'm burned out on blockbusters more than anything. I really don't get excited for new comic book or big-budget sci-fi movies any more. They come out too often to be special.
      This right here. There's a superhero movie coming out seemingly every three months. I used to be excited about superhero movies and would see them on opening weekend, but now, I just shrug my shoulders. As much as I like Spiderman, I didn't see Homecoming until it was in theaters for a month. I have yet to see GotG 2 or Thor 3 and I'm not at all stoked about Justice League. These movies just don't excite me anymore.

Superhero movies once every other year was special, but every few months is becoming overkill. Sadly, I think the superhero movie phenomena bubble is in danger of bursting... or perhaps it's just me.

Comment

Working...
      X