How about Alan and Guy in a title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Alan and Guy in a title?

Now that John is in JLA, Kyle is in Titans and Hal has a title, how about a title with Alan and Guy?

Half the stories would be team-ups, a quarter would be Alan solo stories, and a quarter would be Guy solo stories.
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-28-2018, 05:31 PM.

Or maybe one-third, one-third and one-third.

You could even put three different writers on it.
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-28-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

It could potentially work. It's an odd pairing (since we're used to Hal-Alan or Kyle-Alan), but that could be in its favor.

Comment

Yeah, it seems strange to me to pair those characters in a title together, and I don't think fans are really clamoring for that. It could maybe work, though, but it's not something I would invest in if I was DC.

As for Guy, I kinda' remember reading a solicit for The Green Lantern that mentions him, so he may appear there. I could be mistaken, though. Maybe I just imagined that, or something. If he does appear, I assume he'll just be a guest star.
        Star-Lantern
        Weaponer of Qward
        Last edited by Star-Lantern; 11-28-2018, 10:26 PM.
        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Unusual pairings in partners are what you ALWAYS see in cop movies that have two stars.

You NEVER see a pair of cops who are pretty much the same starring in a movie.
          Trey Strain
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-29-2018, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I don't see the appeal. Not that it couldn't be done, it's just not appealing to me. I really don't want to see Alan with anyone but JSAers on a regular basis. A teamup with Hal here and there would always be great.

It was cool in Kingdom Come, but they totally reworked Alan's design and only used him as window dressing. The coolness came from the design and the mystery of how he became the premiere GL in the DCU again over the missing years.

Comment

My take on an Alan/Guy team-up would be to pull Alan out of the 40s and Guy finds him overly formal and stiff. Guy's considered obnoxious by today's standards but by pre-Boomer standards, he'd be like a delinquent.

Comment

I don't know how Alan wouldn't deck him every issue. Even toned down Guy.

Comment

got to ask which AS we talking about here?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Heh. Remember how in Kyle's run they had the coming out party for his friend Terry, and they celebrated by going to a gay nightclub? And they were all surprised that Alan Scott came to support him? I still roll my eyes at that one. No way would a straight guy born around the time Alan Scott was be caught dead in a place like that. Definitely a case of the writer trying too hard. Still makes me chuckle though.

Comment

When two people in a story think the same things, one of them is redundant.

I didn't make that up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_film

Comment

I'd be interested to hear what the idea is for them teaming up, but just having them in a title together doesn't do it for me - I don't really need Guy in my life. But if we're talking old-school Alan, I would be more interested in a solo, maybe even taking place in the past.

And in terms of an Alan team-up book, I'd be much more interested in him with Jade and Obsidian.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                          I don't know how Alan wouldn't deck him every issue. Even toned down Guy.
                          Nobody remembers the Guy, Alan, John and Kyle poker nights at Warriors? :'(

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                            Nobody remembers the Guy, Alan, John and Kyle poker nights at Warriors? :'(
                            Yeah, I always liked those moments. I literally just liked seeing that bar too. I've always enjoyed those down-time bits in cape books (unless they're done really badly).

Comment

After reading the latest issue of Doomsday Clock this idea is dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X