The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 04-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Default Bleeding Cool: Grant Morrison writing new GL book?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...c-fresh-start/
Old 04-20-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Per Bleeding Cool, Liam Sharp would be the artist.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:10 AM   #3
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

It's about damn time DC! I just hope it somehow involves Kyle Rayner. I just hope the lackluster era these last couple years hasn't completely killed the franchise.

- Ω
Old 04-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Scared personally, Morrison has written my favorite Superman story ever, and my favorite JLA run since the Satellite era, beating Geoff Johns, a writer I typically care more for than him, who had the benefit of Jim Lee and Hal Jordan. I hated his Batman run, despised his X-men run and abhorred Final Crisis.For me he either hits it out of the park or goes down in flames. He is the ultimate high ceiling but very low floor. Other writers even if mailing it in can put out a mediocre book.
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #5
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I love some of what Morrison has done in his career. But I feel that he is a better idea man than an actual writer. But hey, this has gotta be good news for the Green Lantern franchise, which has been on the back burner at DC since Johns' run ended. If this happens I'm glad DC is taking the franchise seriously enough to put this kind of effort into it.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #6
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Morrison is a big fan of Kyle. I'm not a huge Kyle guy, but I'm OK with that. At least he won't try to make everything revolve around Hal the way Johns tried to. That just didn't work. Green Lantern should be about four (4) characters who are considered as equals.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-22-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:40 AM   #7
IonFan
Forum Member

"please be a book where Kyle is Great Again, please be a book where Kyle is Great Again, please be a book where Kyle is Great Again, please be a book where Kyle is Great Again, please be a book where Kyle is Great Again"

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:17 AM   #8
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

You can no more say Morrison is a Kyle guy, than you can say Marz is. Neither were given a choice of Lanterns and picked Kyle. Both were hired and directed to use Kyle as the only GL. Morrison did a good job of it but I wouldn't call him a Kyle guy per se.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:49 PM   #9
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
You can no more say Morrison is a Kyle guy, than you can say Marz is. Neither were given a choice of Lanterns and picked Kyle. Both were hired and directed to use Kyle as the only GL. Morrison did a good job of it but I wouldn't call him a Kyle guy per se.
Back in the days when Hal fans and Kyle fans were brawling on the message boards. Morrison dismissed Hal as "creepy old Hal Jordan."

Yes, he is a Kyle fan.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #10
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Though, of course, "creepy, old Hal Jordan" is exactly what the character was being written as at the time.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:17 PM   #11
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Back in the days when Hal fans and Kyle fans were brawling on the message boards. Morrison dismissed Hal as "creepy old Hal Jordan."

Yes, he is a Kyle fan.
yeah and people starring in DCEU might blast the MCEU until they get a role on a Marvel film. Hyping Kyle and downplaying Hal was part of the job description back then. He is more known for his work with Kyle than his work with Hal so there is that but I can almost guarantee the book he is about to write IF he is about to write it (still hoping for Hickman) will be centered around Hal, and his tune will change. A good writer can transform the character he is hired to write into someone he can be excited about writing. Which is in a way scary when thinking about Morrison on a Hal title.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:02 PM   #12
Star-Lantern
Green Lantern Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
Ron Marz is very much a "Kyle guy". He not only picked Kyle Rayner, he contributed largely in creating Kyle Rayner. As for Grant Morrison, who knows what he will do if he will be writing the book. A creator of his level may very well be able to do what they want with who they want, and if anyone would do the unexpected (if using Kyle Rayner in a starring role is even unexpected), it would probably be Grant Morrison.
Star-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:14 PM   #13
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Big Morrison fan. Sometimes his ideas can be really weird, but he tends to write really interesting stories. If he's doing something with Kyle then cool. Plus if this is true, as Dave so well put it, it can only be good news for the GL franchise, so cool.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:08 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Martini Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
But I feel that he is a better idea man than an actual writer.
Hell no, that's that other guy whose name rhymes with "Swans" who ran out of them (ideas) ages ago at this point.

Holy shit, Grant Morrison on a GL book that could very possibly star Kyle? That's like the best thing imaginable. We're clearly only a few months away from some kind of new rejiggering/new status quo on the GL books.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #15
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Don't forget that in one Morrison's stories there was a prophecy that Kyle would someday become greater than Hal, by overcoming fear or something like that.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #16
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Hasn't he done that like half a dozen times now? Or is Morrison gonna +1 all these fools who've been trying to make the GLC interesting by doing it himself?

- Ω
Old Today, 04:43 AM   #17
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

More Bleeding Cool rumors: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...erse-spoilers/