The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 11-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #3551
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Fallout 76 "review" by Skill Up

I'm now not looking forward to Elder Scrolls VI.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:50 PM   #3552
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post

theres a YT'er named "Many A True Nerd" who's been sharing his progress thru the the game that Ive been enjoying a lot; kinda makes me wish I had my new pc built, instead of just at the planning stages..... :/

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:52 PM   #3553
Tazer

Yo.

this ought to be interesting to watch develop: http://www.darkhorizons.com/rockstea...ors-re-emerge/

Quote:
Rocksteady “Superman” Game Rumors Re-Emerge

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:04 PM   #3554
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
theres a YT'er named "Many A True Nerd" who's been sharing his progress thru the the game that Ive been enjoying a lot; kinda makes me wish I had my new pc built, instead of just at the planning stages..... :/
I won't deny that the game isn't unplayable, nor is it un-fun when with other players (and perhaps well enough to be enjoyable when solo), but despite the people who sincerely are liking it, the thing is such a shameless and vacant cash-in that I can only see things sliding downhill for it for a good while. Bethesda isn't Massive, they have a long history of letting problems sit until somebody else solves them, and 76 is very likely not going to be any different.

And my stepdad bought it, too. I didn't have the heart to tell him how problematic the thing is, and maybe he'll enjoy it, but I'm pointing him in the direction of the critics if he starts disliking it, and I sure as hell am not touching it myself.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:42 PM   #3555
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:

Quote:
I won't deny that the game isn't unplayable, nor is it un-fun when with other players (and perhaps well enough to be enjoyable when solo), but despite the people who sincerely are liking it, the thing is such a shameless and vacant cash-in that I can only see things sliding downhill for it for a good while. Bethesda isn't Massive, they have a long history of letting problems sit until somebody else solves them, and 76 is very likely not going to be any different.

And my stepdad bought it, too. I didn't have the heart to tell him how problematic the thing is, and maybe he'll enjoy it, but I'm pointing him in the direction of the critics if he starts disliking it, and I sure as hell am not touching it myself.
as it happens, I saw a part of that Skill Up -review, as well as AJS's "angry rant" on the game, and *then* noticed there were a whole lot more reviews on YT that are decidedly NOT HAPPY AT ALL with the game......which is a shame, cuz based on MaTN's playthru, it looked pretty tight.

I guess he might be in the minority.....
:/

Tazer

Quote:
Old 11-30-2018, 09:08 PM   #3556
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I view it in the vein of Destiny 2: parts of it are okay or outright good (even great, in some cases), but it just has so many shortcomings that it undermines itself to no end and thereby has earned the wrath of the broader part of the playerbase.

I just got home and my stepdad was playing Wolfenstein: New Colossus, and I told him I hope he has fun with 76, but that a lot of people dislike it right now, and he took it in stride.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:58 PM   #3557
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

FudgeMuppet:What Fallout 76 SHOULD have been

Two hours of incredible analysis, and goddamn their imaginary version with all the different factions makes me wish it was the real thing.

Also, my copy of Darksiders arrived in the mail. I tested it out and it works pretty well, graphics and gameplay are all fine (though it'll take me a while to get used to the God of War style again, since I haven't played that sort of thing in ages). Only issue I have is that when I was switching the plugs for my PS3/4 so that I could power up my 4 again for The Division, I thought I heard electricity crackling from contact with the prongs as I inserted it into the strip.

Nope, apparently that was my fingernail twisting so bad that it nearly tore off, and so now I've got almost no fingernail because it's torn/clipped right to the edge of the nailbed. Lovely.

edit -- just watched Angry Joe's F76 review. Gave me a good laugh, especially at him literally falling asleep while playing and the one dude trashing GameStop when he wasn't allowed to return the game.

Last edited by Agent Purple; 12-02-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe...Other Joe, too
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:15 PM   #3558
Tazer

Yo.

yea, him nodding off was pretty funny, but in regards to that dude thrashing the store over F 76: wasn't that due to him not being able to get his cash back cuz he didn't have a receipt??

Tazer

Quote:
Old 12-04-2018, 09:18 PM   #3559
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I don't know, the review didn't show the whole thing (and frankly, I'm not going to bother looking it up on YouTube or anything because I don't care).

Should he have trashed the store? No. I can understand being royally pissed about the game and wanting a refund, and sure the video is morbidly entertaining, but he shouldn't have completely lost his shit like that.

(All that aside, the staffer answering the phone was fucking priceless).
Old 12-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #3560
Tazer

Yo.

started watchin' a playthru of Mass Effect: Andromeda (complete with the weird-ass faces), and that *finally* motivated me into snagging the title for myself (and for under $20 on Amazon too!).

then, to add to the joy, I also found out the game is mod-able as well; methinks my Xmas should be ALOT of fun indeed......

Tazer

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 03:02 AM   #3561
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

120 landmarks to go and I can FINALLY lay the commendation to rest. It'll take a little grinding, but I can get it done by Christmas (my gift to myself? Maybe). Over and over I curse that Massive both has buggy commendations (including this one) and that they have so many grind-heavy ones.

Once I reach the fabled 750 clears, I can move back to the Underground DLC and...get back to the grind. Yay.

Looks like I'll be taking a break with some other games. I haven't touched anything Naruto in ages (since Storm 3 on my 360, in fact), but I think I will actually pick up Storm 4: Road to Boruto (what a shitty subtitle; fucking Kishimoto). I get all the base game along with a shitload of bonus content, and while I have mixed feelings on the series and loathe some of the characters (and their dipshit creator), the actual fighting mechanics were solid and the moves pretty cool sometimes. Gotta remember to switch the voices to Japanese and skip whatever parts of the story irritate me.

Still need to get Spider-Man (maybe using gift money this season), and I'd like to pick up LEGO DC Villains, as well as a couple other games.
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #3562
Tazer

Yo.

so F76 is being offered for about $40 on Amazon & GS, and seems as tho it will run on Win7 or 8 as long as its a 64bit OS.........

I guess me has some thinkin' to do over the next coupla days.

Tazer

Quote:
Old Today, 12:03 AM   #3563
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Buy some strong liquor before you buy that game.