Hal Jordan and the GLC #29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal Jordan and the GLC #29

I held off for a week, thinking one of you guys would jump in with this one. But you never did. First comic I've bought in a year. A year! I found it strangely satisfying. An interesting side plot. Who cares what villain he's chasing, HJ always flies with that guy in the back of his mind.

Spoiler:
    I'm gonna be real annoyed if the conversation between Hal and his dad was a Star Sapphire illusion, and based on that lovely purple tinge it well could have been, but hey I'll wait for y'all to tell me about that.
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    50.00%
    50.00%

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

So, what would be satisfying? A ghost? Limited time displacement?

Comment

There's been too much about Hal and his dad. That's what started Hal Jordan as Parallax, you know. Plus, this latest manifestation looks just like Rip Hunter riding in the back of Hal Jordan's construct-jet a few issues ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
        There's been too much about Hal and his dad. That's what started Hal Jordan as Parallax, you know. Plus, this latest manifestation looks just like Rip Hunter riding in the back of Hal Jordan's construct-jet a few issues ago.
        Too much about Hal and his dad was NOT what started Parallax. It was the weight of guilt from seven million casualties in Coast City. It was anger at the Guardians for not letting him use power for personal gain, and for having him on yet another space mission rather than protecting his city.

I hope your father is living, and that you get to talk to him often. I hope you learn from him, and ask him all the questions you want to ask while he's still living. I found this story satisfying because Hal is, in it, finally coming to grips with personal grief. Maybe he's maturing. Ya think?

Yeah, I know. It was just a fill in issue. But you youngsters have never understood Hal Jordan.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

I would've given this issue 5 stars but I don't like the idea of a construct plane making Hal go faster. And I really don't like the idea of that construct plane breaking apart because of the speed it was going. Its willpower. Its all willpower. Either he can't do it or he can.

Still, beautifully drawn and well paced. Didn't want it to end.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
            ...And I really don't like the idea of that construct plane breaking apart because of the speed it was going. Its willpower. Its all willpower. Either he can't do it or he can.

Still, beautifully drawn and well paced. Didn't want it to end.
            Yeah, those kind of things are stupid. I hate when they make a construct wall but if the bad guy is really strong he can punch it down. It doesn't make sense. It's willpower, not tensile strength.

Comment

Think of it as the willpower PROVIDING the tensile strength. I dunno.

I guess it doesn't really bother me when will-fueled constructs fail in ways that are visually similar to how the actual thing would fail. I just figure that if the ring-bearers mind is conceiving of a construct a certain way, then it isn't that much of a stretch that it would fail in the manner that their mind pictures such a thing failing. Not that I think they are giving conscious thought to making it fail like that, but they subconsciously picture the construct as behaving similar to the thing they have consciously imitated.

Comment

Working...
              X