No announcement yet.

Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #6 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they haven't made the chronology/canon real clear, although GLs Rebirth did reference Lost Army/Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      Wait that wouldn't make much sense since Baz is already back in Green Lanterns...
      It could be explained like one of those wacky time travel things where you step into the breach minutes apart and actually arrive somewhere days, months or longer apart. It's got to be something like that since Simon is indeed back before the rest of the Corps. That would also imply Arisia and B'ddg should also be back somewhere, even before Simon came back.
      "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
      Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
      Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
      who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
      to change the world. This time, Lord...
      Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Yeah, they haven't made the chronology/canon real clear, although GLs Rebirth did reference Lost Army/Edge.
        A preview for Green Lanterns #1 has come out, and it has Baz back on Earth, and it says the Corps is STILL missing. So.......... I dunno' x___x

DC can maybe get themselves out of that clear oversight by saying, "Well, Simon Baz went through the tear in space first, so he is back first." But, I don't know. To me, it just looks like another glaring contradiction from series to series. At the very least, it is very poor planning.
        Star-Lantern
        Weaponer of Qward
        Last edited by Star-Lantern; 06-09-2016, 10:20 PM.
        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
          DC can maybe get themselves out of that clear oversight by saying, "Well, Simon Baz went through the tear in space first, so he is back first." But, I don't know. To me, it just looks like another glaring contradiction from series to series. At the very least, it is very poor planning.
          Eh, it's not perfect but time passing differently between different dimensions/universes is a pretty common trope.

Comment

I'm actually interested in the "Red Dawn" promise at the end of GLs Rebirth. Huge fan of the Reds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              Eh, it's not perfect but time passing differently between different dimensions/universes is a pretty common trope.
              The bigger problem is that not once in his interactions with Hal does Baz say a single thing about where the GLC is or what is happening to them, yet Hal SEEMS to be unaware of their status from the comments he makes. I could buy that Baz made it back much earlier due to time variance weirdness, but not that he would not then IMMEDIATELY go tell everybody what was going on and lead them back to wherever it was he popped into our universe. He wouldn't just fly back to earth and just pick up being GL there like nothing had happened.

They REALLY need to connect those dots, and show us exactly what Baz did upon returning to our universe. Maybe they will, but the time to do it would have been BEFORE they had him pop up in Green Lanterns, IMHO.
              Mister Ed
              Horse of a Different Color
              Last edited by Mister Ed; 06-10-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Killowog´s speech was kinda neat.

At first glance I though, "What is a guy from the Justice Friends show doing there?", then I realized it was Iolande´s dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  The bigger problem is that not once in his interactions with Hal does Baz say a single thing about where the GLC is or what is happening to them, yet Hal SEEMS to be unaware of their status from the comments he makes. I could buy that Baz made it back much earlier due to time variance weirdness, but not that he would not then IMMEDIATELY go tell everybody what was going on and lead them back to wherever it was he popped into our universe. He wouldn't just fly back to earth and just pick up being GL there like nothing had happened.

They REALLY need to connect those dots, and show us exactly what Baz did upon returning to our universe. Maybe they will, but the time to do it would have been BEFORE they had him pop up in Green Lanterns, IMHO.
                  From a storytelling point of view, this situation doesn't work very cohesively. Looking at the Lost Army to Edge of Oblivion situation, I highly doubt DC will do anything satisfactory to rectify that. What's also interesting is that Jessica Cruz got her power ring during "Darkseid War," and the Corps was there. Now they're gone... and she didn't go with them.

It doesn't hold together. I'm not the biggest stickler for continuity ever, but I don't believe there should be such massive contradictions and discrepancies. Remember, DC has teams of professionals whose job it should be to keep their storytelling straight. DC's entire business is telling stories, and lately, in regards to Green Lantern, at least, their stories don't make any sense with each other, yet they're supposed to be connected.

This makes me less and less interested in their storytelling because if these teams of professionals can't be bothered to have their stories make sense, why should I be bothered to follow them? Furthermore, the stories are over all tepid and not even good, and, for me, at least, Edge of Oblivion is a perfect example of that.
                  ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

From a storytelling point of view, this situation doesn't work very cohesively. Looking at the Lost Army to Edge of Oblivion situation, I highly doubt DC will do anything satisfactory to rectify that. What's also interesting is that Jessica Cruz got her power ring during "Darkseid War," and the Corps was there. Now they're gone... and she didn't go with them.
                    It looks like editorial just flat out changed their mind, per Fabok the Renegade storyline was originally suppose to happen prior to Darkseid War.

Comment

It doesn't hold together. I'm not the biggest stickler for continuity ever, but I don't believe there should be such massive contradictions and discrepancies. Remember, DC has teams of professionals whose job it should be to keep their storytelling straight. DC's entire business is telling stories, and lately, in regards to Green Lantern, at least, their stories don't make any sense with each other, yet they're supposed to be connected.

This makes me less and less interested in their storytelling because if these teams of professionals can't be bothered to have their stories make sense, why should I be bothered to follow them? Furthermore, the stories are over all tepid and not even good, and, for me, at least, Edge of Oblivion is a perfect example of that.
                      I'm completely with you on EoO. I must admit new hope in regard to Green Lanterns though. Once I gave it another try I really liked it.

Comment

I thought the series had promise to begin with, at least the art was good, but at the end it gave me a head ache. Just filing it away as another continuity foul up, hoping things stay on track after rebirth.
                        http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow, this sounded pretty horrible. It seems like such a trainwreck on so many levels.

Comment

I actually kind of liked Lost Army, so when they ended that it at least sounded like they had a plan when this came out.

Yeah I was wrong to think that.

Comment

Working...
                            X