Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vol.3 question...

Hey all,

So I am reading along in volume 3. I finished Passing the Torch and going to read to the end of its run to #181. I just got to #165, and I am a little confused. Now, out of nowhere there is an odd version Kilowog that was resurrected (I'm guessing) and no clue how he got there or where he came from. [Kyle was on Oa trying again to revive the Corps, and lost a bet to Kilowog that he could get the few that showed up to join the cause] Can anyone point me in the right direction to where and how he came back, or explain? Thanks!

Yo.

try to find Green Lantern Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan, as thats where it happens.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

And it's a good read too.

Comment

I've been trying to find early volume 3 GL, but with no luck.
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Yo.

have U tried Amazon or eBay?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Sweet, thanks. Is there any reason Green Lantern Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan wasn't included in the mass reading list for GL stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
              Yo.

have U tried Amazon or eBay?

Tazer
              Oh yeah, amazon!
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcyde View Post
                Sweet, thanks. Is there any reason Green Lantern Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan wasn't included in the mass reading list for GL stuff?
                It was basically a stand alone story dealing with Tom [Pieface] that also had the Dark Lantern version of Kilowog, and the resurrection of Oa IIRC. I didn't bother buying it, but liked the look of the dark Kilowog. I would've liked to see him as a spirit of vengeance for awhile after Hal killed him in ET, but he was quickly brought back into the fray as a hero and the dark aspects were slowly forgotten until he was restored to his pink self.

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                I've been trying to find early volume 3 GL, but with no luck.
                Honestly, aside from the first few issues of the run, everything was crap up until ET. Somewhere in there was the God-aweful issue where Hal fought aliens on a football field, and other stuff was just downright confusing. I think this was the era where Hal had just about every job imaginable from farm hand, to insurance salesman, to travelling toy salesman....

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                  It was basically a stand alone story dealing with Tom [Pieface] that also had the Dark Lantern version of Kilowog, and the resurrection of Oa IIRC. I didn't bother buying it, but liked the look of the dark Kilowog. I would've liked to see him as a spirit of vengeance for awhile after Hal killed him in ET, but he was quickly brought back into the fray as a hero and the dark aspects were slowly forgotten until he was restored to his pink self.

Honestly, aside from the first few issues of the run, everything was crap up until ET. Somewhere in there was the God-aweful issue where Hal fought aliens on a football field, and other stuff was just downright confusing. I think this was the era where Hal had just about every job imaginable from farm hand, to insurance salesman, to travelling toy salesman....

~KL~
                  No, that was earlier, in Vol. 2. In Vol. 3, after a few issues of wandering Hal pretty much became GL full time. He wasn't back to working at Ferris, but his civilian employment (if there was any) wasn't really touched upon all that much.

I actually liked the beginning of Vol.3 up to a point, but later on I would agree it went SERIOUSLY downhill. Stupid, stupid stuff that would dredge up obscure bits of continuity (and not cool ones, either, IMHO) and make them suddenly important. The issue immediately before ET, in particular, was a hopeless mess.

Comment

That's when I thought Hal was a traveling toy salesman. He had GL action figures in the GA team up right before ET....

And yeah, the first few issues weren't bad. Best opening to ANY comic I've ever read was Hal in #1 taking in the scenery before leaping off of the cliff and turning into GL last second before hitting the ground.

~KL~

Comment

That's when I thought Hal was a traveling toy salesman...
                      Yeah, I think he was in vol.3 as well, but it definitely started in series 2 with no.71.

Comment

That's when I thought Hal was a traveling toy salesman. He had GL action figures in the GA team up right before ET....

~KL~
                        No, he didn't have GL action figures. Olivia Reynolds did. She was a character dredged up from back in the days of Vol. 2 when Hal WAS a toy salesman, but he wasn't one in Vol. 3. She was brought back as part of another mess of a storyline that dug up obscure continuity that wasn't even from GL, but rather from some old crossover or backup in FLASH, and mixed it with Adam Strange for no known reason, seemingly to "tie-up a loose end" that nobody remembered or cared about. Like I said, there was a lot of that garbage toward the end, and while it didn't make ET any better of a story, it (for me at least) made the results of ET a somewhat welcome change.

Comment

I still want to read some ild Kyle stories. maybe hi against magor force or that dude who had a yellow ring.

Comment

This is why I always say Emerald Twilight saved Green Lantern for me because, if it hadn't happened (in either case) Green Lantern was on the very short list of books I was dropping at the time.

Plus, being a graphic arts student I could relate to Kyle on a career level
                            Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Working...
                            X