Slow down the top image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow down the top image?

The top title bar GIF image has grown annoying because it changes too frequently. Would be a lot nicer if it changed every 10 seconds or something instead of every 1 second. The images look nice but can't really get a proper look at them since they change too fast.
    sundrop
    Fatality's Blacksmith
    Last edited by sundrop; 01-28-2014, 01:39 AM.

Agreed. Although Really, I think it's time for something new. The Blackest Night Event is over now and everyone (even me now) has grown sick of the rainbow lanterns. I say we just have one improved banner. Maybe it'd be nice to have sections devoted to each lantern corps, or maybe just go full out GL.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Yo.

while I was never a fan of the Rainbow Coalition, I dont have a problem with the banner even now............HOWEVER, I *do* 2nd the notion that a new one wouldnt be a bad idea.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Indeed. Maybe we could have New 52 Hal Jordan in it. Or maybe a fun idea would to have a slide devoted to each Earth GL (Alan, Hal, Guy, John and Kyle. Not Baz though). Then have that slowed down a bit. Nope, probably too annoying. Just have one slide I say, and make it good!
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Previously I searched through the User Options in hopes for a setting that I might switch the theme to just one banner, like they have at "mycomicsshop.com". I don't want to ask the admins of this site to do more work to create a new banner, so I suggested just a simpler thing as changing the timing in a GIF isn't really a big task. But I wouldn't be adverse to a more modern banner (even though I like the Blackest Night art the best).

But while we're on the subject I'll throw another idea in: imagine the user could choose which era they'd like to see for the banner, or even a lantern (hal/kyle/gardner/stewart). That'd be really cool and maybe satiate all the different tastes here!

Comment

I don't even really notice the banner anymore.

Comment

Oh, one more idea: randomize which logo shows up on each page generation.

Comment

:Moderator:

Don't worry guys, plans for a new banner are in the works. Keep your eyes peeled on the main General forum for more details soon.
                sigpic
                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Yayz!

Comment

[[significant background clapping sounds]]

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Working...
                    X