The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 06-24-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Default No Ron Marz Love In Polls?

Shame on you Jim. So many slots were given to the Cyborg Superman special but none for the Parallax or Ion specials. And Kyle with the Challengers in the Wildstorm universe "Search for Ray" issue didn't even get a mention in the "Best GL appearance in a non-GL title?!?"

I'm still shocked!

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:27 AM   #2
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Did Kyle deserve a spot for the Search for Ray stuff???
Old 06-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #3
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I'd say it was more deserving than a two page spread that was more about the other Lanterns besides the Greens in DCU #0. And I'd argue the Ion and Parallax Specials were just as top notch as the Cyborg Superman one in any category.

~KL~
Old 06-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
GreenLanternGeek

I'm not sure but I think there were preliminary votes before this so ron marz could have been in one of the catagories
Old 06-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

It's like you guys discussed all of this while I was at work! I remember a few days ago discussing our own awards type thing but that's as far as it was went into. It's completely understandable though why the Cyborg Superman got so much love....

~KL~
Old 06-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
GLJIMT

This was thrown together very very rapidly, some opions where not given so blame the other mods

while the other specials where good The Henshaw special smashed them

Last edited by GLJIMT; 06-25-2008 at 03:33 AM.
GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I've heard less about that special than any of the other specials. I could understand Prime making the list, maybe one of the Ion or Parallax specials, but Cyborg Superman got something like 4 or 5 different spots!

I'm just saying more variety would've been nice. It's soooooo obvious Mav's love for the guy is what made this happen. Normally this kind of inner circle thing involves chunky interns and oral sex....

~KL~
Old 06-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
GreenLanternGeek

we need to plan this out for next year
Old 06-25-2008, 03:34 AM   #9
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
I've heard less about that special than any of the other specials. I could understand Prime making the list, maybe one of the Ion or Parallax specials, but Cyborg Superman got something like 4 or 5 different spots!

I'm just saying more variety would've been nice. It's soooooo obvious Mav's love for the guy is what made this happen. Normally this kind of inner circle thing involves chunky interns and oral sex....

~KL~
Mav had ZERO input in the nominations, and if your telling me no one was talking about Blaine's art work you Sir are lying
Old 06-25-2008, 04:40 AM   #10
Lundonj

As a comic shop owner, I can note that while we ordered the same amount for each of the one-shots (not including the Sin Corps Special drawn by EVS to kick it off, that was the best selling issue of the story), the Henshaw issue sold the most.

Personally, I liked the Parallax one myself the best, but the Henshaw issue was a close second. I also liked Ion, but it I still have a bunch of those in the back issue bins.

-Don
Old 06-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Send me one of them LundonJ!

I just remember the art from the Parallax special over on the GJ boards getting a lot of talk. I can't say as I remember much about the Cyborg special.

I think I saw somewhere in another thread somebody edited a 5th "write in" slot that would've been cool to have.

~KL~
Old 06-26-2008, 04:38 AM   #12
Lundonj

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
Send me one of them LundonJ!

I just remember the art from the Parallax special over on the GJ boards getting a lot of talk. I can't say as I remember much about the Cyborg special.

I think I saw somewhere in another thread somebody edited a 5th "write in" slot that would've been cool to have.

~KL~
Did you need a copy of the Ion one-shot?

Each of the specials had a decent talkback thread on GJ's boards, but the Henshaw special got a lot of love here and at my store. It really did a nice job of explaining more of what he was about and actually gained a lot of empathy from readers who didn't previously care one way or another.

-Don
Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #13
GreenLanternGeek

out of all of them I think the Supes prime one was my least favorite... I mean I liked it, it was just the bottom of the list on those 4
Old 06-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #14
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundonj View Post
Did you need a copy of the Ion one-shot?

Each of the specials had a decent talkback thread on GJ's boards, but the Henshaw special got a lot of love here and at my store. It really did a nice job of explaining more of what he was about and actually gained a lot of empathy from readers who didn't previously care one way or another.

-Don
I only managed to get a handful of the Sin War issues and none of the specials. I'd hoped they would all be in trade form at some point but I might end up getting the hardcovers. Send me a PM if you can score me one or any of the specials!

~KL~