This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    Yeah I really liked it. Guy and Hal were great together. Certainly better than anything going on in the comics right now!
    *Cowardly Lion: Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!*

I liked the chemistry between Hal and Guy, and was glad they had their obligatory battle. They were always getting into it in the early days of the books, so this was well-placed. I did think it was kind of silly to portray Guy as a rock star, though. Salak and Appa should not be wetting their uniforms over the mere sight of Guy.

I'm guessing that robot thing during the beginning of the episode was the Anti-Monitor. I was hoping Henshaw would be involved in some way, but I digress.

I wonder where, or how far they plan on taking Hal's Honor Guard role, and if Guy will be co-starring in future episodes.

Comment

• It is definitely the Anti Monitor.

As weird as it was I did kind of enjoy the way they made Guy look like everyone's favorite and kind of forgetting about Hal. I think Saalak was my favorite. "Is that Guy Gardner?!?!" LOL
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Shouldn't it be the other way around? Isn't Guy usually the A-hole that everyone hates?

Comment

• Yeah but no one was really treating Hal like they hated him per se but just seemed to like Guy more. I don't think Guy has made any huge waves or done stuff to make them dislike him just yet.
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
            ...I did think it was kind of silly to portray Guy as a rock star, though. Salak and Appa should not be wetting their uniforms over the mere sight of Guy...
            Yeah, that was a big difference. I mean, in the comics, if there's anyone Guy hates as much or more than Hal, it's Salaak.

Comment

• GLTAS is not the comics. Try to remember that.
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• It's gonna take some getting tie for me to stop expecting Guy say "The Hammers of Justice"

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                  GLTAS is not the comics. Try to remember that.
                  Sure, it's not the comics, and they're definitely going to do things different, there's nothing wrong with that, but the core of the characters should remain intact. Now, in the comics, Guy didn't start off as a colossal douchebag, so perhaps they're taking that angle, and something will happen and he becomes a massive jerk. It just seems very odd and out of character for Guy to be the popular one.

Comment

• I've given the episode some serious thought after only watching it the one time... I think it's a dream, but can't tell who's dream, Hal's or Guy's... Or, the Guardians could be playing Guy, like they're doing in the comics... For some reason, I keep thinking about those Mercy plants from the comics...

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                    Sure, it's not the comics, and they're definitely going to do things different, there's nothing wrong with that, but the core of the characters should remain intact. Now, in the comics, Guy didn't start off as a colossal douchebag, so perhaps they're taking that angle, and something will happen and he becomes a massive jerk. It just seems very odd and out of character for Guy to be the popular one.

Comment

• Originally posted by bOB spelled backwards View Post
                      I've given the episode some serious thought after only watching it the one time... I think it's a dream, but can't tell who's dream, Hal's or Guy's... Or, the Guardians could be playing Guy, like they're doing in the comics... For some reason, I keep thinking about those Mercy plants from the comics...
                      Now that's an interesting take, although for it to be Black Mercy's doing, it would have to be Guy that's having the dream as the BM creates the ideal, fantasy dream world. What's more perfect than Guy being the most popular Lantern in the corps, when in reality, he's a prick that very few can stand to be around?

I really doubt anyone writing these episodes actually thought this far ahead, but hey, I could be wrong.

Comment

GLTAS is not the comics. Try to remember that.
                        Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                        Well, what John said. But, truthfully, it doesn't bother me. I enjoy the show, loved the episode and I like Guy and Hal being friends (though still grating against each other). I was just pointing out that that one particular relationship is almost the opposite of the comics.

Comment

• The treating of Guy like a rockstar seemed out of character for us as readers, but it wasn't HIM so much as how everyone treated him. And all of that was just to play up the angle that Hal was feeling replaced.

If Guy keeps on acting like Guy, he will fall from favor with the Guardians and his fellow lanterns soon enough. He's probably one outburst away from that I'm sure, and Hal will need to be the one to defend HIM.

Comment

They already did that. Except they called them Red Lanterns. An animated Sinestro Corps would bring nothing new to the table.
                            Nothing new to the table? Umm yeah Sinestro and his corps are nothing like the Red Lanterns, and they only appeared in 7 of the 13 episodes last season. I want to see the SC in every episode of the next season.

That was a Red Lantern invasion, I'm talking WAR! And an actualy battle on Oa and maybe even Earth, and it only makes sense that we will see the SC in the future. With all those yellow crystals shown last season and Sinestro's appearance this season.
                            CeltiC5-27
                            Weaponer of Qward
                            Last edited by CeltiC5-27; 10-02-2012, 05:06 AM.
                            Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

• I like this episode and the way they took Guy.
                              They built pretty good character arc for the two GLs.

Comment

• CH'P!!!!!!
                                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X