Aquaman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Just picked it up to read, but I'm discouraged by the replacement of Massachusetts for Maine. I hope that was a one-time blunder and not a retcon.
    Well, it was listed as Mass. again this issue. As a Maine vacationer, I find this silent retcon sad. If I were on Twitter or the like, I'd write something about it.

Comment

Well, it was listed as Mass. again this issue. As a Maine vacationer, I find this silent retcon sad. If I were on Twitter or the like, I'd write something about it.
      Gotcha covered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        And the response:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
          Originally posted by Hypo View Post
          And the response:

Thanks! Now, I'll stop crying.
          I don't recall the state being regularly listed before the New 52, so when it started showing up that way I assumed it was always supposed to be Maine. But then again, before the Johns run, my Aquaman reading was sporadic.
          Good to know.

Comment

• Very cool of Brian to respond to something so trivial.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
              Very cool of Brian to respond to something so trivial.
              Yeah, I was surprised. It's a different world we live in. It used to be the only way a fan could ask a question of the creators was to go to a con and wait in line.

I even told my mother about the Tweet because Aquaman is one of a handful of comics I lend her when I've read them (plus her mother was from Maine).
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 11-21-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Not bad. He makes the scales work.

Comment

• Whoa I thought that dude was just a fan artist or something

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                      Whoa I thought that dude was just a fan artist or something
                      Nah, he just posts lots of stuff, he's done work on Witchblade and has a creator owned graphic novel series among other stuff.

Comment

And the response:

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Thanks! Now, I'll stop crying.
                        I don't recall the state being regularly listed before the New 52, so when it started showing up that way I assumed it was always supposed to be Maine. But then again, before the Johns run, my Aquaman reading was sporadic.
                        Good to know.
                        Originally posted by W.West View Post
                        Very cool of Brian to respond to something so trivial.
                        Funny thing is the movie put it in Maine too! I wonder if it's because the script relied more on those books. It wasn't crucial to the story, but it definitely said "Maine."

Comment

• Yeah but people think of Maine when they think of lighthouses. It made sense to put it there. The only reason to go with Mass is to have it closer to a major city if the writer wants it in a story at some point.

Comment

Working...
                          X