No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am one of the weird people where VIII is my favorite, followed closely by IX. In the grand scheme of things X was actually pretty good, then X-2 ruined it.

Sig made by Zander Yurami

Comment

Originally posted by Scarecrow View Post
      I am one of the weird people where VIII is my favorite, followed closely by IX. In the grand scheme of things X was actually pretty good, then X-2 ruined it.
      i am with you VIII is the best in my opinion

Comment

Hahah! VIII is my second favorite after IX, but I always thought I was weird for liking it.

Comment

Everything I hear of VIII is that it's the worst in the franchise.

Comment

It is not. But it started a trend of leaving the Fantasy out of Final Fantasy while telling a nonsensical story with Emo protagonists.

Comment

I thought that trend was ok in VIII, as it was something fresh. But X ruined it for me, and it's basically been that way since.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scarecrow View Post
                I am one of the weird people where VIII is my favorite, followed closely by IX.
                I like VIII, especially the junction system. If you never use magic you can boost your stats to infinity. That was something fresh.
                But the story was utter bullshit. Okay, the story was never a strongpoint of the Final Fantasy games, but it was epic enough. Still, there are better final fantasies.

Comment

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                  I like VIII, especially the junction system. If you never use magic you can boost your stats to infinity. That was something fresh.
                  But the story was utter bullshit. Okay, the story was never a strongpoint of the Final Fantasy games, but it was epic enough. Still, there are better final fantasies.
                  Get out. Now.
                  As the seventh seal is broken, the four shall ride once more. Bringing the wrath of War

But what starts with War, ends with Death

Comment

I preferred the Materia system of VII.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                      You can stay.
                      As the seventh seal is broken, the four shall ride once more. Bringing the wrath of War

But what starts with War, ends with Death

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                        The best systems were the ones that didn't make things overly complicated. Like FF IX. Take this equipment, learn this ability, equip something else.
                        It was a variant of the materia system of course.

Having said that - I just love the job system of FF V (which is an advanced version of the FF III job system) because you can just do anything with it.

Comment

To be perfectly honest, my favorite system of all Final Fantasy episodes has got to be the experience system from Final Fantasy II. Heal someone often enough, and you get better at healing. Swing your broadsword often enough, and you get better at splitting skulls. The Elder Scrolls games use a variation of this system. And Final Fantasy doesn't. Weird.

Comment

Yeah, I've always preferred those experience systems as well, because they make the most sense. Though I think the more traditional method works as well. As you're probably going to level your skills to match your play style anyway. Why would you go through the game up to a point, killing things with a sword but level up your magic?

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

My personal favorite is Final Fantasy Tactics. Great battle system with an incredibly deep story and excellent characters.

My second favorite is probably VII, although I think the game takes a hit in quality after you leave Midgar. I do really enjoy the first Junon segment, though. That game does big cities incredibly well.

I have a lot of love for VI and IV, too.
                              ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

So....I just did the Northern Crater segment and basically learned more about Cloud...

Let's just say I said holy crap a lot and shit my pants when the monsters showed up.

I am so in love with Final Fantasy VII.

Comment

Working...
                                X