No announcement yet.

"Ghostbusters: Afterlife" (2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, very exciting. The kids and mom are definitely Egon's family. They inherited all of Egon's toys when he died.

Also, people remember the "Manhattan Crossrip of 1984" but not the "1989 Statue of Liberty Walk"? Between this and the Ecto-1 not being the Ecto-1A, it's not looking great for GB2.

Comment

-----

Box Office

its a concern, maybe, but if it (much like the recent Charlie's Angels -reboot), fails to reach enuff of that audience to be a viable financial property that they cant even recover its budget from the combined worldwide market (let alone the domestic one), would U say that the answer is to just keep making them until they DO catch on?

I don't think U'll like the reply for that Q, if U were to ask it.
      :/

Tazer
      I would say, it's not even a concern. If they want to antagonize fans by virtue signaling, "this movie wasn't made for YOU", then don't complain when those same people dont show up to buy tickets. If bragging rights are what you're after, then enjoy them and don't whine that men are sexist for not going to see your movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        Yup, very exciting. The kids and mom are definitely Egon's family. They inherited all of Egon's toys when he died.

Also, people remember the "Manhattan Crossrip of 1984" but not the "1989 Statue of Liberty Walk"? Between this and the Ecto-1 not being the Ecto-1A, it's not looking great for GB2.
        Now we're talking! I'm looking forward to this movie more and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
          I would say, it's not even a concern. If they want to antagonize fans by virtue signaling, "this movie wasn't made for YOU", then don't complain when those same people dont show up to buy tickets. If bragging rights are what you're after, then enjoy them and don't whine that men are sexist for not going to see your movie.
          The argument works both ways anyway. You could just as easily say that the 2016 movie insults the original fans and that current kids who love the old stuff (which there are a number of) will be confused. In the end, Hollywood is not going to make its decision upon hurting a minority fandom. And even if those few girls are confused and hurt, they can just pop in their blu-ray of the 2016 movie.

Comment

Very few.

Comment

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

"The 80s were like the Walking Dead," lol...

Also, whoa... I just realized that mine has a sign that says "SHANDOR MINING COMPANY."

As in... Ivo Shandor, the guy who freaking made the Cult of Gozer and built that building to bring in Gozer!

Comment

Yo.

ya know.....that doesn't look bad at all; I cant wait to see the 2nd one in a few more months.

and speaking honestly: if the 2016 film (w/ same cast) had been more like *this*, than a complete reboot, I think it prolly would've done better/ been more accepted.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Uh oh, it's starting:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...mpression=true

Comment

I think it's fantastic that fanboys ARE being rewarded. It's like the 2016 disaster never even happened. Let the falling of SJW tears begin!

Comment

It looks like they are leaning heavily into the Stranger Things influence, which is fine, looks fun. I loved GB2, I hope they acknowledge it.
                      http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yo.

I think I'll let Peter Venkman respond to this guy:

Tazer
                        Tazer
                        That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                        Last edited by Tazer; 12-12-2019, 03:49 PM.

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Here's a better take:
                          https://www.cbr.com/ghostbusters-aft...s-2016-reboot/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                            Yeah. Though it's outright wrong about GB16, saying "it did make bank for Sony." It didn't. It did the opposite of that. It had a 144 million production budget but that's not including the marketing budget, which would be at LEAST 40 million. It made 128 million stateside, of which theaters would take at LEAST 40% (theaters aren't non-profit organizations), so that's 51.2 million removed from the pot. It made 101 million outside of the U.S.... but a studio only gets about 35% of international box office, if they're lucky. So that's only 35.35 million. So 76.8 million domestically and 35.35 million internationally only gives a box office of around 112.15 million against a cost of 184 million. Even throwing an extra 15 million or so into aftermarket sales (blu-rays, etc.), that movie landed in the RED for certain.

Also, "The reasons vary; however, the two most commonly listed criticisms are the accusation that the all-female cast was a gender-flipped gimmick and the lack of the original 1984 Ghostbusters cast." I don't know about this. That sounds like the narrative being spun when all GB16 proponents were furious that no one liked the movie. The most commonly listed criticism I've seen is that the movie wasn't any good and wasn't funny. Having more involvement from the original cast or making it an extension of that universe might have helped with fans, sure, but it wouldn't have made it a better movie.

Also, new international travel with a little bit of new footage. Shows a proton pack test at the end.

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Watched the trailer for this with my dad on Saturday. Not going to lie, it looks like a really touching tribute to Harold Ramis and has a good setup. Consider me interested.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Yo.

now watch it be in a flashback sequence or something: https://ew.com/movies/2020/01/23/bil...ers-afterlife/

Bill Murray will officially be back as Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters: Afterlife

The comedy icon will make a 'meaningful' appearance in the new film.

Tazer

Comment

Working...
                                X