Blackest Night Time Capsule™

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post

But he'd make a wicked looking Black Lantern for sure. Zombie-Cyborg, anyone?
    Indeed! Sinestro Corps War boosted Henshaw into my top ten favorite villains so I'm waiting for him to show up.

I also just wanted to throw in that I think Larfleeze is going to die in Blackest Night. I don't know why. Just a gut feeling I guess.

Comment

The Blackest Night Predictions

Since these are scattered around from thread to thread, I imagine it would be good to have one sole thread on what people think will happen with the BN.

Here's mine

Black Hand's use of Bruce Wayne's skull is a window for Bruce to come back.

There will be a Green/Blue hyrbrid Lantern and/or a Green Lantern will be on "loan" to the BL, kind of like a duty station. (which begs the question...which sector is Odym in and whose sector is it?)

The spectrum shown when you're heart is taken from a Black Lantern will be a key on how they come back. Dolphin clearly waits for Tempest/Garth to feel Hope for Atlantis before taking his heart...thats a clue I believe.

It will take a combine use of the emotional spectrum's entities to defeat Nekron. (This one is really far fetched, but a fun idea).

Ganthet will be the one to defeat Scar.

One of Earth's Green Lantern's will become a Black Lantern.

They will find a way to ressurect certain Black Lantern's, possibly capitalizing on the white light they havent identified yet.
      Green Lantern Initiate
      Last edited by 304; 09-05-2009, 06:12 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

I think it will be revealed that Atrocitus is possessed by the red entity, explaining why he retains his sanity and coherence while all other Red Lanterns are mindless savages.

Comment

While the red rings remove the hearts of it's corps, the violet rings crystalize their wearers heart, and thats how they make their recruits stop feeling the sadness and anger from their lost loves, because their crystal hearts channel the violet light, closing off to any emotion except love.

Natu gets the Predator entity because she gets hurt by Kyle's lies.

The Star Sapphires fall first, because black rings recruit the corpses of the 2 lovers at the heart of their battery.

Sinestro sacrifices himself to beat Nekron.

Sorry issue 45 has me thinking about the Star Sapphire corps obviously.
          Sinnaire
          Kyle's Nude Model
          Last edited by Sinnaire; 09-05-2009, 02:13 PM.
          But as darkness falls on this quiet street,
          The only sound is the sound of your heartbeat.
          As darkness falls on this quiet street,
          The only sound is the sound of your running feet.

Comment

I assume the best way to handle the Black Lanterns is to break open the Black Battery and free the Antimoniter.

Doing that would most likely require a last ditch effort by the few surviving members of all the various corps in one suicide run to Ryuut. Except maybe Atrocitus who wants to bring about the same destruction the Black Lanterns want. And considers himself to be on their side even if they do not feel the same way.

But a one time joining of the GLC, Star Sapphires and the Sinestro corps, backed up by the Blue Lanterns and the Indigo tribe with Larfleeze along for the chance at getting back at the Black Lanterns for taking his property away from him.

But if the entities actually do represent life itself and wish to continue life in the universe or they themselves will cease to be, then the red entity might take control of Atrocitus and join the group as well.

Comment

I agree it takes all the colors to defeat Nekron, just like the Guardians have mentioned about all the colors badning together to stop the blackest night.

I think we'll find out, Bruce isn't dead and that's why he's not a Black Lantern. That it is indeed him at the end of Final Crisis who was there when Anthor died.

I think we'll see more unification between Lantern colors after this.

And as crazy as it sounds, I think we may be stuck with a few Black Lanterns as recurring villains.

However my one major thought is what's up with Wonder Woman? Her figure being blacked out in the adds and not to mention her Blackest Night mini-series isn't slated till the near end of this fiasco... so that just has me biting my nails.

Comment

Sounds like Wonder Woman might play a large role in the ending of Blackest Night.

Comment

I made up this checkest my predictions are in this.

MAY-JULY 2009
                  BLACKEST NIGHT #0
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #1
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #2
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #3
                  GREEN LANTERN #43 [PROLOUGE]
                  BLACKEST NIGHT #1
                  GREEN LANTERN #44

AUGUST 2009
                  GREEN LANTERN CORPS #39
                  BLACKEST NIGHT #2
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #1-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: SUPERMAN #1-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: TITANS #1-3
                  GREEN LANTERN #45

SEPTEMBER 2009
                  GREEN LANTERN CORPS #40
                  BLACKEST NIGHT #3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #2-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: SUPERMAN #2-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: TITANS #2-3
                  GREEN LANTERN #46

OCTOBER 2009
                  GREEN LANTERN CORPS #41
                  BLACKEST NIGHT #4
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #3-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: SUPERMAN #3-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: TITANS #3-3
                  GREEN LANTERN #47

NOVEMBER 2009
                  DOOM PATROL #4
                  GREEN LANTERN CORPS #42
                  BOOSTER GOLD #26
                  R.E.B.E.L.S. #10
                  ADVENTURE COMICS #4
                  SUPERMAN/BATMAN #66
                  THE OUTSIDERS #24
                  TEEN TITANS #77
                  JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #39
                  BLACKEST NIGHT #5
                  GREEN LANTERN #48

DECEMBER 2009
                  DOOM PATROL #5
                  GREEN LANTERN CORPS #43
                  BOOSTER GOLD #27
                  R.E.B.E.L.S. #11
                  ADVENTURE COMICS #5
                  THE OUTSIDERS #25
                  TEEN TITANS #78
                  JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #40
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: THE FLASH #1-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: WONDER WOMAN #1-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT #6
                  GREEN LANTERN #49

JANUARY 2009
                  GREEN LANTERN CORPS #44
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: THE FLASH #2-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: WONDER WOMAN #2-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #2-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: LADY STYX
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: ECLIPSO
                  GREEN LANTERN #50

FEBRUARY 2009
                  GREEN LANTERN CORPS #45
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: THE FLASH #3-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: WONDER WOMAN #3-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #3-3
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: BLACK RACER
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: SCAR
                  BLACKEST NIGHT #7
                  GREEN LANTERN #51

MARCH 2009
                  GREEN LANTERN CORPS #46
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: ORIGINS OF THE SPECTRUM #1
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: ORIGINS OF THE SECTRUM #2
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: NEKRON
                  BLACKEST NIGHT: KRONA
                  BLACKEST NIGHT #8
                  GREEN LANTERN #52 [EPILOUGE]
                  BRIGHTEST DAY #1
                  red lantern randy
                  Star Sapphire's Love Slave
                  Last edited by red lantern randy; 09-06-2009, 03:54 AM.

Comment

I believe Hal will wear a Sinestro Corps Ring and fight Nekron as a Yellow Lantern

Sinestro will sacrifice himself and Hal's GL ring becomes powerless and he uses Sinestro's ring to fight.

The Starheart is connected to the Red Lanterns.

Hal gets one of the entities.

Kyle gets the Blue Lantern or Indigo Entity.

John Stewart dies.

Mogo vs. Xanshi (Battle of the Millenia there)

Hal, Barry, Bart, Clark, Conner, Ollie, Diana, and Tora have some sort of special power to them to help beat Nekron and the Black Lanterns.

Wonder Woman becomes a Black Lantern.

Black Hand will revive Bruce's skull to find out that it isn't Batman and that it is someone else's skeleton.

Larfleeze will merge with the Orange Entity to become more powerful to defeat the Black Lanterns.

The Indigo Tribe will be able to revive some of the Black Lanterns.

The Starheart in Jade will revive her and break her free from the Black Lantern Ring.

The Chief from Doom Patrol will die.

Hal will save the day.

Don Hall and Dawn Granger have some connection to the White Light and will use that connection to some how make a White Ring that Hal or someone will get to defeat Nekron.

Ganthet and Sayd vs. Scar

Hal will attack the Guardians

Cyborg-Superman and the Manhunters will help fight against the Black Lanterns.

People who have died by Black Lanterns will be able to come back maybe not all but some, especially Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawk, and Garth (Tempest).

Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and Firestorm will come back to life and maybe Ralph and Sue and completely lose the emotional impact of Identity Crisis.

Teen Titans will die.

Hal will kick ass.

Alan Scott might become the White Lantern, or if one of the GL's dies become a Green Lantern of the Corps.
                    No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Everyone in the DC universe dies, and we find out that Superboy Prime in 'Earth Prime' became a well known comic writer and wrote everything that happens. The End.

Comment

I believe the whole key to stopping everything lies within the White Light, which coincidentally when all colors of the spectrum converge produce white light. I believe Don and Dawn both possess something within their soul which allow them to be the bearers of this mystical White light. They are two truly peaceful souls at harmony with themselves and all around them. This is what it means for all the colors to work together. They must be at harmony with each other.

I do believe Wonder Woman will become a Black Lantern. I believe one of her fallen enemies (wouldn't it be sweet if it were Ares?) OR perhaps someone she never saw coming will be the one to take her life and bring her to the darkness of Death. I also believe that SHE will play a key role in overcoming the curse of the Black Lanterns. Wonder Woman embodies all that is pure and good... and she is the Mistress of Truth. There's nothing more powerful than truth. There has to mean something there.

I've read that Jenni's connection to the Starheart will allow her to break her old, but one problem with this. Jenni gave up all her Starheart power to her father Alan and Kyle. Now unless they retcon this and explain that she does still possess SOME part of the Starheart, then I guess anything is possible.

There will be at least one current Lantern making a color change and I feel deep down one of them will die. Who I'm not sure. I keep getting a few vibes and I'm just not sure what to go with just yet.

At the end, once the White Light has been found and wielded, the Dead will live again and some old faces may be returning to life. This I have my fingers crossed for... For several characters.

AND Batman/Bruce Wayne is indeed not dead. He will find his way back to the present day... eventually!!

Comment

Some of my guesses for the outcome of Blackest Night

Situation 1: Hal gets exposed to all lights of the spectrum, then is killed by Black Hand. A Black ring attaches to him and he becomes the White Lantern.

Situation 2: All the entities combine into Sinestro and sacrifices himself to save the universe.

Situation 3: Every one aims their rings at Nekkron and it combines to make a White Light to destroy the Black Battery. (I hope this dosen't happen because it sounds very lame, like something from Power Ranger)

Comment

Originally posted by 304 View Post
                            Black Hand's use of Bruce Wayne's skull is a window for Bruce to come back.
                            i hope not.

i dont want GJ have to do anything in bringing bruce back, i leave that to Grant Morrison

Originally posted by 304 View Post
                            Ganthet will be the one to defeat Scar.
                            i could see this happening , but honestly i want the GL Guardians to do it.

Comment

Blackest Night Speculations

We are almost 4 books into the Blackest night event. Does anyone have any speculations on how it will end???

Comment

There are plenty around the forum if you look.

There was also a "Blackest Night Time Capsule" thread created by Andrew which I am going to bring back, and merge some other threads with it.
                                sigpic
                                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Working...
                                X