Favorite JL/JLU episodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite JL/JLU episodes?

Mine is obviously "The Return," since it has Kyle in a fairly prominent role and the Corps. But it had a HUGE cast of characters in that one, too. Any time you can get Rocket Red, Fire and Red Tornado on one squad is a good day.

Also great was "Legends," with the Justice Guild. It's too bad they never brought in Alan during the JLU run, since they had Wildcat, Sand, Stargirl, etc. Even as just a background appearance, so they wouldn't have to explain his connection with John.

"Initiation," with John, Ollie, Capt. Atom & Supergirl vs. Brimstone was a lot of fun, too...

I'm actually not a big JL/JLU fan. But the few episodes of the series that I like, I like a lot. My two favorites- the ones I tend to watch over and over again- are:

'Double Date' (Gail Simone's writing, Ollie and Dinah <3 and oh, do I love JLU's interpretation of the Question) and 'The Greatest Story Never Told' (Booster Gold! And, uh! Booster Gold!).

I'm also fond of 'The Cat and the Canary', and a few episodes I cannot remember the names of: the Batman Beyond crossover and the episode about Wally's rogue gallery.

Comment

Mine would have have to been Hearts and Minds. When I first saw that episode I spit soda out of my mouth casue I didn't realize there was going to be a big GL fight scene before the opening credits played. Also the way they used Despero was awesome.

Comment

"The Once and Future Thing" part 2, becasue it had Hal Jordan in it.

No, actually I've always been fond of the "In Blackest Night" two part episode, which was an early season 1 story that featured John Stewart on trial for accidentally destroying a planet. It was a good GLC/Manhunter storyline regardless of the screwed up universe it took place in in.

Really enjoyed that one. And "The Return" was pretty good too. Haven't seen them all, but of the 40 or so I have seen, those are my favorites. I also really liked "The Savage Time" three parter about Superman in the future and Lobo tries to replace him in the league. Kinda funny and cool.

But yeah... really not a huge fan of the series.
        Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Favorite episodes:

"In Blackest Night"
          "The Once and Future Thing"
          "The Return"

and I really enjoyed the series finale.

Comment

Couple Flash episodes rocked...the one where Flash takes on Luthor/Brainiac when the rest of the League has fallen is great, where Flash goes all Speed Force.

"The Great Brain Robbery" is a HOOT! And features the greatest line in TV history..."Aren't you going to wash your hands? Nooooo...because I'm EVIL."

Comment

I liked "Kid stuff"...

Just about the whole Cadmus season.

I liked the one with Chronos, where Batman, met Batman, met Batman Beyond?

The Justice Lords arc.

The 3 "injustice League" episodes. One with Joker, one with the rogue amazon, and one with clayface and the big fight at the football stadium. Good stuff..

Comment

Can anyone tell me which seasn has the GLC episode?
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

The episode where Oa gets destroyed?
                  It is an episode called "The Return" from JLU season 1.
                  Parrylakks
                  Neko Samurai
                  Last edited by Parrylakks; 07-18-2007, 12:23 PM. Reason: found out the season with the episode for sure

Comment

The other GLC episode I can think of was a two-parter in the first JL season called "In Blackest Night" (I think). John was on trial and the Guardians, Kilowog and some GLs and the Manhunters all get involved.

Comment

i bought every season on DVD and was glad I did. With the funky schedule they kept the last two seasons, i missed almost every episode as they aired. Now that I have them on DVD, I can enjoy them with my son whenever we feel like it. My favorite stories are:

JL Season 1:
                      In Blackest Night
                      Legends
                      Savage Time

JL Season 2:
                      Hearts And Minds
                      A Better World
                      Starcrossed

JLU Season 1:
                      Initiation
                      Fearful Symmetry
                      The Return
                      Clash
                      Question Authority

JLU Season 2:
                      The Great Brain Robbery

I think the third season (JLU Season 2) was by far the best season. They had a lot of great stories, and I loved the ongoing thread with Cadmus. All of them were very entertaining though. I liked how they mined old DC stories and adapted them for the show. It was a format that worked very well.

Comment

I just made a DVD with the Superman TAS episode "In Brightest Day", the JL episode "In Blackest Night", the JLU episode "The Return", and the live action unaired pilot TV movie for the JLA series that never got picked up, re-edited to remove the hokey little character interviews that impeded the flow of the movie and have been called the cause it wasn't picked up... now it feels like a real movie and is actually worth watching. Its a nice little DVD.
                        Parrylakks
                        Neko Samurai
                        Last edited by Parrylakks; 07-19-2007, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                          I just made a DVD with the Superman TAS episode "In Brightest Day", the JL episode "In Blackest Night", the JLU episode "The Return", and the live action unaired pilot TV movie for the JLA series that never got picked up, re-edited to remove the hokey little character interviews that impeded the flow of the movie and have been called the cause it wasn't picked up... now it feels like a real movie and is actually worth watching. Its a nice little DVD.
                          Why no love for Duck Dogers Parrylakks??? add Duck Dogers and I would love to buy a copy Dogers is the deal breaker though
                          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                            Why no love for Duck Dogers Parrylakks??? add Duck Dogers and I would love to buy a copy Dogers is the deal breaker though
                            I couldn't find it anywhere for download... besides, it would reduce the current picture quality if I added anything else on the DVD. And I wouldn't go about selling DVDs anyway. I might give away free copies of it, but I will never sell DVDs through a message board... bad experiances. So no purchasing!!! But I'll give you a free copy if you really want one.

Comment

JLU season 2, I am Legion, Legion of Doom rulez

Comment

Working...
                              X