This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
    thats just the way his mouth hangers make is face look.
    I don't know, look at the lines that come from his nose out to his cheeks. Those aren't part of his "mouth hangers" - they look like smile lines to me.

I did a quick retouch and took the lines out. Seems less smiley to me.

Comment

• Can I have my title changed to the Kilowog's smiling Green LanTOES?

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        Kilowog Smile Discussion > Hal Toe Discussion
        Fair enough... Dunzo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muthasucka View Post
          I don't know, look at the lines that come from his nose out to his cheeks. Those aren't part of his "mouth hangers" - they look like smile lines to me.

I did a quick retouch and took the lines out. Seems less smiley to me.

All I can tell you, after comparing the new poster to the new banner that MTV debuted, is that the poster features an image of Kilowog that is less detailed overall. There's noticeably more detail on his face in the banner.

Comment

• New "Green Lantern" Posters Highlight The Corps

With its debut in theaters on June 17 scarcely over a month away, the publicity hype for Warner Bros. DC Comics adaptation "Green Lantern" is picking up steam. After a series of solo posters featuring characters like Tomar Re hit the Web, today the studio released (via Yahoo! Movies) its new official poster for the film, highlighting the core members of the space-patrolling Green Lantern Corps:

Of course, aside from Ryan Reynold's Hal Jordan, Mark Strong's Sinestro, Michael Clarke Duncan's Kilowog and Geoffrey Rush's Tomar Re, there are quite a few other Lanterns to work their way into the film including the doomed Abin Sur and fan favorite comic character Boodikka amongst others. That full slate of Green Lanterns debuted today as Spinoff Online reported in a new banner for the film:
            Discuss this story in CBR's DC Universe forum. | 11 Comments

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32095

Comment

• yeah that was all posted about 4 hours ago.

Comment

• You know, the more I watch the trailers and look at the posters for the movie, the more I think about this burning question in my mind:

Since when do the Guardians have FLYING ROBOTS buzzing around Oa as their.... I don't know, servants? Work force? Intergalactic Maytag Repairmen?!?

I mean, it's as if they didn't learn their lesson from the whole Manhunter debacle!

Comment

• What robots? those floating things in the background?

I thought ther were buildings as well.

Comment

But they're wearing green (not a "cool" primary color like red or blue) and they're armed with jewelry and light fixtures. It's such a bananas concept, but it's certainly unique. ...
                    Green is my favorite color. It's also the primary color people associate with calmness.

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                    et ego

Comment

But they're wearing green (not a "cool" primary color like red or blue)
                      While I get the point you are making, my geek-self forces me to point out that green IS a primary color of LIGHT (along with the "cool" red and blue). Just look closely at the monitor you are staring at now...

Comment

• Im pretty sure he means while its a primary color, it isnt a coool one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                          What robots? those floating things in the background?

Those things in the background of the banner, I'm not sure what they are. They could be some sort of floating structure.

I'm talking about the robots seen in most of the "beauty" shots of Oa in most of the trailers, the little flying droids with "electrified" tentacles. Here's a screen cap from the 4-minute long Wondercon trailer, just because that's what I had handy in 1080p:

The little buggers are apparently EVERYWHERE in the skies over Oa. I even think there's at least 2 I didn't circle in that screen cap. Just watch the trailers again and you'll see what I mean, now that you know what you're looking for.
                          Jack T. Chance
                          Really knows where his towel is!
                          Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-28-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• oh ok.

they are probably some sort of maintenance bot

Comment

• They have to do something to decorate the place. In the old days, Oa was drawn like Tattooine with a couple of yellow building clustered together in one spot. Pretty bland, and I'm all for them jazzing up the place in the comics AND the movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
                                Im pretty sure he means while its a primary color, it isnt a coool one.
                                I realized after I posted that that was a possible interpretation of what he said. I'm just so used to people thinking Red, Yellow, and Blue are THE primary colors (which isn't strictly accurate for pigments either, but close enough) that I overlooked that possibility initially.

Comment

Working...
                                X