Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else here playing Friday the 13th? I am part of a group that plays pretty much every Friday, some people play it every night. If you want to hook up my name is CPLCHUD.
    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
      Anybody else here playing Friday the 13th? I am part of a group that plays pretty much every Friday, some people play it every night. If you want to hook up my name is CPLCHUD.
      If I ever do get a PS4 or XBox One, that may be the first game I get. Is there much of a single-player game? All I ever hear about is the multiplayer, but there are very few games I usually play with people online because I hate people to see how much I suck at games.

Comment

• It's multiplayer only.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
          It's multiplayer only.
          That would explain it. I didn't even know there were such games that you buy on disc (downloadable MNORPGs, sure). That makes me lose a lot of interest. I don't like the idea of a game that I can't play at all if my internet is down (which used to happen to me a fair amount) or I decide to skip paying XBL (which I've done before) or that people have to see me learning the ropes.

Meh, I should forget the current gen and spend the money on retro gaming.

Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 11-22-2017, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• The single player is said to be in development now, but yeah it's only multiplayer, and the general population on it is a cesspool, so I stick with a dedicated group of "casual" gamers who won't yell at you for stuff and are just on to have a good time. Adults only.

Comment

• "Hitman isn't Hitman without IO" -- interview with Square Enix's Matsuda on letting the company go

Comment

• Filip Hodas art album: The Apocalypse of Pop Culture

Comment

• AVGN Anime Pt 2

Also:

1) Since I did this one quest in Fallout: New Vegas where I go to the NCR prison and help/betray the Powder Gangers, I apparently can't finish the Ghost Town Gunfight quest from the start of the game (it's some kind of glitch). When I tried to talk to the young woman who helps me early on, Sunny, she's on top of a rocky hill I can't climb and keeps drifting east. I managed to find her atop another area, but while trying to reach her, found her dog dead and just decided to basically abandon the quest. Sucks that even now the console version of that has never been patched up, and NV doesn't have access to console mods (which would disable trophies anyway, I'm sure). Gonna have to remember to do it right next time around.

2) Got another wonderful Trials of Osiris emblem from Destiny 1 Shaxx bounty. Now my Titan is also sporting a sweet symbol. Just hoping for one more and then I'm happy, but I also have my fingers crossed for the shaders I never got. Unlikely I'll get them, but a man can hope.

3) Gave up on Iron Banner in D2. Only got one piece of armor, the chest I needed for my Hunter, but still missing the helmet and legs. The drop rate is atrocious for me, and I can't even imagine what it'll take to collect the sets on my other two characters.

Comment

• EA has lot $3B in stock value over the microtransactions/BFII fiasco

Comment

• Wow, and I heard they refuse to turn them off now. Dummies, what a PR disaster. I actually like the game too.

Comment

Wow, and I heard they refuse to turn them off now. Dummies, what a PR disaster. I actually like the game too.
                        Is it decently playable without micotransactions? I can live without being Luke if it doesn't mean the rich kids are winning every battle.

Comment

Wow, and I heard they refuse to turn them off now. Dummies, what a PR disaster. I actually like the game too.
                          As the article notes, microtransactions make EA so much money that removing them is outright impossible; it would be like asking them to liquidate the corporation entirely and sell all rights to their franchises. Not gonna happen, so everyone just has to settle for a mix of "putting up with what's there" and "hoping the worst of it gets toned down a notch."

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          Is it decently playable without micotransactions? I can live without being Luke if it doesn't mean the rich kids are winning every battle.
                          My understanding is limited, but I've heard it's a decent enough game without having to pay to win. Before the MTX were turned off completely (a temporary act), I read the hero purchasing requirements had been markedly cut down (something like 75% cost reduction), which means far less grinding for non-hardcore players, and therefore special characters can be had with much less ass-pain.

Comment

• The True Legend of Nintendo's lawyer John Kirby, who defeated Universal Studios without eating them alive and screaming...before he went on to do that to millions of King Dedede's minions

Comment

• Yo.

interesting post on reddit, from the user dd179 about Destiny 2's new dlc:

In case you weren't aware, the new Destiny 2 DLC, Curse of Osiris, dropped yesterday for $20. It brought with it a couple of new strikes, a new zone, new story and a new raid that will be released soon.

Before the DLC dropped, players were able to do the prestige Raid (hard mode raid), Nightfall (end-game strike with modifiers) and Trials (end-game PvP) on a weekly basis for rewards.

Now that the DLC has dropped, these three activities have been locked out for players who didn't purchase the DLC. All three of them have been moved to sort of a DLC playlist, so vanilla players can no longer access them.

They are essentially locking you out of content you have already paid for.

EDIT: To a little bit more to this, this has been happening since Destiny 1.

In Destiny 1, there would be around 6 or so PvP playlists at any given time, with different game modes such as Rumble, Clash, Control, etc. If you had the base game, you always had access to all of the playlists and you could play every single mode. If a new DLC dropped and you didn't buy it, most of the playlists would get locked out for you, since everything moved to a DLC play list. Instead of having all 6 playlists, you would only get to play Clash and Control, for example.

The same thing would happen with the Strikes playlists. Instead of having three strike playlists to choose from, you would get just one playlist that wasn't even worth your time, since the gear it dropped was way below the cap of the vanilla game. You couldn't even do the hard mode you previously had access to.

This is one of the scummiest practices I've ever seen in AAA gaming.

EDIT 2: Vanilla owners can no longer get all the vanilla achievements/Platinum trophy (for PS4 users) because some of these are locked behind the Prestige Raid, which vanilla players don't have access to anymore.
                              .......wow. that's pretty fucked up. :/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• That's Bungie for you: they say they listen, but they don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X