The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 06-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Bolerathon
Avant Guardian

Default Worthy of hate?

I realise this could fail horribly but it might be worthwhile.

It occurs to me that there are several characters who are beloved by some and hated by others and for no adequately explained reason. It could be fun to put forward someone you dislike and a fan of said character can in turn stick up for them and try to explain their affection for them. Might even get some of us into characters we had only seen the negative side of before.

Can I ask that we keep the Hal vs Kyle debate out of this one since it's been done to death on here. Being a fan of both it gets a little dull.

I'll start with an easy one. I have never seen the point in Guy Gardner. To me he always seems like the ass with a big mouth and not much to back it up. I don't see what he brings to the corps or adds to the dynamic of the Earth Lanterns.

Same goes for the Hulk. I get that they are going for the whole Jekyll and Hyde thing with him but I've never really read a Hulk story that wasn't just him smashing increasingly bigger things.

So go on Guy and or Hulk fans. Explain what it is I'm missing.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Janza Bowka
Corpse Trainee

self projection. like all fictional characters or tv personaloties.

We identify or project our own personalities onto the characters creating the attraction, or personal identifiers we wish to have ourselves.
Janza Bowka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
Bolerathon
Avant Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janza Bowka View Post
self projection. like all fictional characters or tv personaloties.

We identify or project our own personalities onto the characters creating the attraction, or personal identifiers we wish to have ourselves.
That would make sense except for liking and hating what is essentially the same character in different context. For example I love Han Solo but loathe Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica. They have quite a lot in common but Starbuck rubs me up the wrong way.