Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 03-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #1
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Default Are you kidding me?

can we do the same to this animal?

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Chicago police are investigating the death of a 9-month-old girl whose body was found Monday morning in a Little Village apartment.

Police say the baby's throat was cut with a circular power saw, apparently because she wouldn't stop crying.

Police say a 52-year-old woman is in custody at a hospital for killing the baby. It appears she was the child's grandmother and tried to kill herself. She was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.

"When I came out I heard a young lady in front of the door, and she was crying, 'When am I going to see my mom?' or something like that. And I think they told her to go inside because she was in shock," said Virginia Otero, a neighbor.

Chicago police responded to the home in the 2800-block of S. Avers shortly before 10 a.m. They spent several hours on the scene collecting evidence. Neighbors say a couple lived there with two grown daughters, each of whom had a young child.

"The daughter with the baby just graduated from college to be a teacher," said a woman who has known the family for years. "They're good people."

Ben Llamas, who works with the child's 23-year-old father at a grain elevator, drove him to the scene. He told the Chicago Tribune the father was upset but did not talk about what happened.

Police said both the baby and the woman were found by another relative. They have not released additional details.

The baby's name has not yet been released by the medical examiner, and charges against the 52-year-old woman are pending.

DCFS said it has not had prior contact with the family.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/cops-wom...illage/550684/

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I'm assuming insanity. You can't do something that extreme in your right mind, I tend to think.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:12 AM   #3
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I have no idea what this thread is about but I think it should be deleted because of its title.

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm assuming insanity. You can't do something that extreme in your right mind, I tend to think.
im just in shock. 9 months old? smh

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:17 AM   #5
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
I have no idea what this thread is about but I think it should be deleted because of its title.
read the fucking orginal post its not that hard to figure out unless your just in here to get a thread closed quit being pussy your old enough to handle such a title. what are you like 5?

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-10-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:26 AM   #6
Mr.Dragon01
Ghost of the Flashchat

I'm not sure myself, but this seems like one of those threads more suited for Qward?

But what starts with War, ends with Death
Mr.Dragon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #7
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dragon01 View Post
I'm not sure myself, but this seems like one of those threads more suited for Qward?
its not political nor about religion. its a disgusting crime and i swear if this ends up in qward im going off on both you and booster for coming in here to get it moved.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:55 AM   #8
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
its not political nor about religion. its a disgusting crime and i swear if this ends up in qward im going off on both you and booster for coming in here to get it moved.
That's rational.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:59 AM   #9
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
That's rational.
im just saying this idiot always tries to get everything i post about moved. if he has an issue with it he can simply avoid it.

in reality how would this thread be qward worthy but not the memorial thread so celebrities are more important than real crimes? the dude is just bored so he trys to get my shit closed or deleted. i guarantee you if it wasnt me with the name tazz posting this thread booster with his brown nosing wouldnt say shit

and if he has an issue with it he can take it up with me directly or he can simply go about his buisness somewhere else

Old 03-10-2015, 01:09 AM   #10
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Tazz, here's the reality of this post (and you know I'm not bullshitting you, so my intent is to enlighten you, not piss you off.)

While I agree with you 100% that this is a fucking sick, disgusting, and heinous thing to do, those very reasons are *why* it should be in Qward. Qward is also home for things deemed controversial and sensitive, and if this doesn't hit someone's sensitivity, then that person is completely dead inside.

What I say is irregardless of other people's comments. I'm not sticking up for anyone else, nor am I refuting what they say. I'm giving you the big picture.

I do have a question for you, though: You have said in the past that your Qward access is revoked. Is that because you asked for it to be that way, or because Mods and Admins felt it was a better decision for you?
Old 03-10-2015, 01:15 AM   #11
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I do have a question for you, though: You have said in the past that your Qward access is revoked. Is that because you asked for it to be that way, or because Mods and Admins felt it was a better decision for you?
a mix of both. and i have asked for it back more than once since my return wich i was told many times by dave he feels thats not a good idea and it would give him a headache

but again how is this thread any different than the good side of humanity thread? as i said if this was say you for example creating this thread on same subject booster wouldnt be trying to get it closed moved or deleted because he feels the title isnt right. so now i have to censor how i feel just to please some idiot who has nothing better to do than play the role of a 5 year old child?

if he finds certain thread titles inappropriate why dosent he go to another forum where its more g or pg with stricter rules and regulations?

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-10-2015 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:29 AM   #12
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
a mix of both. and i have asked for it back more than once since my return wich i was told many times by dave he feels thats not a good idea and it would give him a headache

but again how is this thread any different than the good side of humanity thread? as i said if this was say you for example creating this thread on same subject booster wouldnt be trying to get it closed moved or deleted because he feels the title isnt right. so now i have to censor how i feel just to please some idiot who has nothing better to do than play the role of a 5 year old child?
Ok, I understand regarding the Qward thing.

On the second thing, first- let's take Booster kid out of the whole equation. He's reacting to the thread title, which is a little over the top-
Now, as far as me posting something like this, I can tell you straight up that I wouldn't do it at all. I hear horror stories through my walls every night at 5pm when my aunt watches the nightly news. I personally don't want to be reminded how sick and disturbing real life can be, which is why I rarely ever go into qward. I'm already unstable as it is, and I don't need to think about shit like this because I have living horrors in my own family.

So, long story short, I just wouldn't touch it at all.

Do I agree with your emotions and how you feel about the subject? Absolutely. Half of me would like to run her entire body through my dad's table saw, the other *rational* half knows she needs to be locked away and put on some heavy doses of meds.

BUT, this doesn't belong in General. And Mister Weirdo's thread is a memorial or online obituary about notable people who have passed on, so you can't really compare the two.

Also, as much as I would like to take credit for "The better side of humanity" thread, I didn't create it, but I agree with the intention of it whole-heartedly. It's a thread about positive, life affirming situations that gives me *hope* there are better people out there than the woman who did what she did to that poor baby.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:31 AM   #13
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

Also, as much as I would like to take credit for "The better side of humanity" thread, I didn't create it, but I agree with the intention of it whole-heartedly. It's a thread about positive, life affirming situations that gives me *hope* there are better people out there than the woman who did what she did to that poor baby.
so your saying if i personally dont want to hear about the possitive stuff i should simply argue it should be moved to qward? after all i see the same stories posted on facebook everday

and no lets not remove booster from this because this isnt the first time he has done this jeff. i get people like to use my past on here against me fine whatever but if this kid like you called him stoops to the level of calling me an idiot my 3rd week back here i challenge that kid to meet me at c2e2 next month and he can say it to my face otherwise he can simply sit with the other 99.9% of cyber bullies/ wannabe tough guys

and before people get the idea of im having a meltdown im not im just saying if someone is going to bark a huge bark do it in person its as simple as that

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-10-2015 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:42 AM   #14
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

For once I agree with tazz. Kinda.

Yeah the title could use some censoring, nut theres been other posts in general that talk about crimes and other touchy subjects.

for booster to whine about the title without bothering to read the post is pretty stupid on his part.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:44 AM   #15
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post

Yeah the title could use some censoring, nut theres been other posts in general that talk about crimes and other touchy subjects.

for booster to whine about the title without bothering to read the post is pretty stupid on his part.
ok am i dreaming right now? you agree with me? : checks to make sure im smoking cigarettes and not something else:

Old 03-10-2015, 01:53 AM   #16
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

of course im going to agree with myself.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:00 AM   #17
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
of course im going to agree with myself.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #18
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
so your saying if i personally dont want to hear about the possitive stuff i should simply argue it should be moved to qward? after all i see the same stories posted on facebook everday
Tazz, do you understand the fundamental difference between this thread and the Better Side of Humanity thread?

The subject of this thread is fucking sick and disgusting. This woman butchered a 9 month old baby. She is beyond warped. I will also throw out there that most people probably don't want to read about a subject as controversial and sensitive as this. And if they do, then Qward would be the logical home for this type of story.

The Better side of Humanity doesn't contain this kind of disturbing and gross content. It's just fact. I mean, let me ask you this: does doing the right thing above and beyond actually bother you? Does it twist your stomach or make you feel like you need another 20 meds just to deal with its presence? I'm going to guess "no" because you are an intelligent human being.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #19
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL
Default :Moderator:

Thread title is toned down, thread will remain as long as it doesn't get nasty between posters. Mmkay?

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:02 AM   #20
Booster Beetle

Quote:

I didn't read it because I have him on ignore for reasons like this. Most of Tazz's posts are way over the line, you know this to be true.

Also, I'm not whining. You know the topic title is not appropriate, just because Tazz has a mouth like a sailor doesn't mean everyone should have to put up with it. What if someone new comes across this board and sees this thread and decides not to stay? Then we lose a new person to talk about GL with.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:03 AM   #21
Booster Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
Thread title is toned down, thread will remain as long as it doesn't get nasty between posters. Mmkay?
Thanks Mav

Old 03-10-2015, 02:03 AM   #22
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

Aaron Hernandez is a crime. Robbing a bank is a crime.

Killing a baby with a fucking saw? that's a little beyond the crime limit.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:04 AM   #23
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Tazz, do you understand the fundamental difference between this thread and the Better Side of Humanity thread?

The subject of this thread is fucking sick and disgusting. This woman butchered a 9 month old baby. She is beyond warped. I will also throw out there that most people probably don't want to read about a subject as controversial and sensitive as this. And if they do, then Qward would be the logical home for this type of story.

The Better side of Humanity doesn't contain this kind of disturbing and gross content. It's just fact. I mean, let me ask you this: does doing the right thing above and beyond actually bother you? Does it twist your stomach or make you feel like you need another 20 meds just to deal with its presence? I'm going to guess "no" because you are an intelligent human being.
im coming from a point of view where if i dont like seeing something should i be able to make a comment and say i feel this needs to be moved? that was your argument when you stated you dont need to be reminded of it since its on tv everyday. i mean really where does it end? censor one guy than others will be to based on what people like or not

Old 03-10-2015, 02:06 AM   #24
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
I didn't read it because I have him on ignore for reasons like this. Most of Tazz's posts are way over the line, you know this to be true.

Also, I'm not whining. You know the topic title is not appropriate, just because Tazz has a mouth like a sailor doesn't mean everyone should have to put up with it. What if someone new comes across this board and sees this thread and decides not to stay? Then we lose a new person to talk about GL with.
there hasnt been anyone new for a long time............... and yes you are whining and if you are a man you wouldnt have me blocked and defend yourself against the guy you are personally annoying

and quit with the we must protect the new members crap because your no saint either

and will someone please repost this for the ball less booster?

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-10-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:10 AM   #25
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post

j/k Mav. Tazz knows (or at least I hope he knows) that I'm not out to bust his nuts or harass him.