• Show
Clear All

• The Masters: Green Lantern RPG - Year One

[Edit: new rules established on page 13!]

Rules:

Format And Guidelines
    Format and Game Flow
    ------------------
    Chapters will begin once every 3 weeks. These are larger parts of the whole story told from a 3rd person narrative view and should act as the guide-lines for your posts afterwards. Elaborate on what I give you. The Chapters will basically be a quick summary of what's about to happen. It's up to you to make it happen, but stick to the story. Myself and another player will act as Game Masters [or GM's] to keep the story rolling forward. The GM's will also set-up the NPC's like the Guardians and Willpower Entity [I refuse to call the whale Ion]and introduce any new threats to any situation.

In Character Chatter will be something else we're gonna try working into the game. Not every hero will be in the field, as I've said earlier, and entire plot lines revolve around a select few characters. This is where the ICC comes into play. Any heroes not in the field should be encouraged to ICC and ping-pong post back and forth to have conversations about your characters histories or past adventures. It's the same as regular dialog it just takes place between multiple players themselves. You can do this while hanging around Oa, a Sector House, or while on your way to the next battle. "ICC" should be the heading of any conversation you have in the works like with "Post" and "Chatter", be sure it is clear who you're addressing be it single character or group.

Label each post accordingly as either "Post," "Chatter" [this is out of character to plan or whatever], or "ICC." This makes it easier for GM's to sort through your posts and plans and come up with a way to start the next Chapter to include everybody.

Guide Lines/Suggestions
    -----------------

1.) Posts should roughly be between 1-2 paragraphs long not including dialog. Players are encouraged to use the ICC whenever possible. If you're in a creative slump and can't think of any action ICC away! There are two larger stories within this game, you'll all have your time to shine. Challenge yourself! Don’t just deal with what I give you, add on, make it difficult for your hero and the team.
    2.) Don't stray from the over-all story. If you'd like to throw in a plot line or villain PM me and we'll discuss the ideas. There will be multiple villains however, with plenty of canon characters to be beaten on as well as super villains to continue developing with current continuity.
    3.) Any complaints or concerns regarding the way the game is played, or other players should be sent directly to me, not posted on the thread. Questions on what to do, or what direction to go can be posted on the thread, or sent to me directly. Also, please let me know if you have problems posting or if you will be absent for any longer than a week.
    4.) Communicate! Get to know your peers and fellow fans of the GLC. Plan actions together through PM's or general Chatter, as well as the ICC. This game will give you the opportunity to develop your character's personality as well as your reputation on the boards.

------------------

Next up the first chapter....

~KL~
    Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Ωmega Man; 03-02-2008, 04:43 PM. Reason: New status quo and rules....

Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

On the planet Oa the Green Lantern Corps are still coming up from their recent war with the Sinestro Corps. The Guardians have done the unimaginable and created 10 New Laws that will all affect the Corps to it’s nervous system. The first being that lethal force has been enabled. Ganthet and Sayd have been removed from the Guardian’s council and have went their own path. The Earth Lanterns have all also went their respective paths with Hal taking Kyle Rayner back with him for shore leave in 2814, while John stayed on Oa to help with the rebuilding process. Kilowog is already at it with the new recruits, all waiting to earn their badges in the coming weeks.

On the planet Daxam....

A young man with a receding hair line wakes from his sleep. He has had nightmares of humanoid children whispering in his ears. “Kill the one who wields the ring of power and your dreams will all come to pass...” they say. Buar Tem is a brilliant scientist whom has an interest in the native Sodam Yat who wields a ring and power far beyond other Lanterns. But strangely, Sodam Yat is not the first ring-bearer seen by Buar. It is the Xudarian Sinestro Corps member Tomar Fe....

It begins!

~KL~

Comment

Kyle Rayner/Kilowog [NPC]

----POST----

Kyle Rayner sits in his studio at the Art Retreat. He glances out of his window at the scenery of upstate New York outside. He's got a few sketches in his pad, various costume modifications, aliens, and other random cartoons. On the tv in the living room the news is playing....

"This is a channel 6 news exclusive! STAR Labs has recently been the victim of disaster as it appears that a hurricane or ground quake caused massive damage to the entire area. Surrounding trees as well as cars were found turned over...."

"Hmm, I guess I'd better go out on patrol and see about this ground quake. It's not often one of the most secured areas in the state gets busted up." Kyle thinks as he envelopes himself in yet another new costume donning a symbol very much like his original green/black design.

The young hero flies out of the Retreat just before missing a phone call.

On the other side of the known universe, Kilowog is training the new recruits on Oa.

"Fall in line poozers! We've got a lot of ground to cover...." the 'Wog instructs.

~KL~

Comment

X'ovious Zatharos Backstory/Recruitment

(this is basically what my fan-fic was going to be, this tells of X'ovious Zatharos' planet, and his last battle fought before being inducted into the corps)

----POST----

Sector 2: The Planet Estaog

For thousands of years two dominant species co-existed on the planet Estaog. One, a highly evolved form of reptile known as the Scivereis, the other a collective of giant insect like creatures known as the Lox. Centuries passed with the two races battling for dominion of the one massive landmass which harbors 95% of all life on the planet. After hundreds of years of wars ending in stalemates and loss of life on both sides, the two races drew up a peace agreement and divided the continent into a Northern and a Southern region. The Scivereis, being cold blooded and in need of a less severe climate occupied the North, while the highly durable and resilient Lox inhabited the South. During this time of peace, the Scivereis developed extraordinary technologies far in advance of most life in the Universe. Their most notable achievement was the synthesis of organics with cybernetics, effectively turning their entire population into cyborgs. Both a blessing and a curse, these cybernetic enhancements allowed the Scivereis to effectively mimic warm blooded animals, instantaneous wireless communication and many other physical and mental advancements. However, as a result of their continued development, the land suffered greatly, becoming nearly inhospitable for any organism not granted cybernetic enhancements, including the Lox. The Lox in the meantime had grown strong in numbers, and acting as guardians of the planet, felt it was time to destroy the Scivereis for their transgressions against the land.

War broke out between the two races, but the Lox were no match for the advanced weaponry and battle tactics of their cybernetic counterparts. With crushing defeat after crushing defeat, the Lox were driven further South into the barren wastelands. However the tide of battle shifted when a defective Scivereis scientist developed a techno virus which would be used against his own race. The scientist exposed himself to the virus, which then traveled via the wireless network to infect nearly the entire population. The virus destroyed the cybernetic implants and eventually destroyed the carriers. A cure was eventually found, but the only remaining members of the population where the higher authorities and top military soldiers. But it was too late by then, as the Lox had the survivors in a strangle hold in the Northern tip of the continent.

:The Last Stand:

X'ovious Zatharos, the High Commander of the Scivereis army rallies the last of his troops for their final stand against the Lox. To the ordinary man, there would be no glimmer of hope to survive this day. But Zatharos knows no fear, nor does he know defeat. If is to die, he shall do so with the blood of his enemies on his hands. And so he stands, with 20 of the best, and last, warriors Estaog had ever known at his back, looking over a literal sea of the black and red writhing bodies of the Lox. "Today we fight for glorious victory! We shall stand tall against this army and show them who the true masters of Estaog are!!". Zatharos and his men charge forward to meet the horde head on, blades slashing through thick exoskeletons, bullets shattering the forms of the Lox in front of them. While Zatharos fought bravely, he had lost half of his men without making a dent in the ranks of the Lox. Fear spread through his warriors, and his first officer had a change of heart "Sir, we surely cannot win this battle, to continue to fight is a fools game! They are thousands and we are but 10! We must retreat to a more advantageous position and regroup, or we shall surely see our doom". With disgust in his voice, Zatharos turned "Only a coward would run in the face of battle, I trained you to be the best, prove yourself to your people!" "Sir, our people are gone, we are all that is left!" and with that, the first officer and the remaining warriors turned and fled the battle field. Rage filled Zatharos' eyes, and with a cool heart he turned to his fleeing warriors and blew them apart from behind "Cowards...they are unfit to stand beside me in battle". Dozens of Lox where upon Zatharos before he could turn to face them again. They pilled on him, their sharp claws clanging against his metal armor, smothering him and forcing him to the ground. In a sudden burst of flame and scorched bug, Zatharos rockets into the air by the power of his jet pack. High above the ground, he bears witness to the horror that brought fear into the hearts of his soilders. At this altitude he could see the true extent of the Lox army, which stretched as far as his eyes could see. He was filled with a wave of emotions, from rage to dispair, but finally to solid conviction "I shall die here, and I shall die a warriors death. Even the Lox will remember the day when a Scivereis singlehandedly destroyed thousands of their warriors before being subdued. Yes, this is what I was made for. This shall be my glorious final battle. Yes, death waits for me, and I welcome its cold embrace. Prepare to die to bastards!!!!" Using the last of his fuel Zatharos blasts directly into the thick of the Lox army, scattering those near and crushing many under his feet. In a circular motion he mows down those closest with his chain gun, firing until his bullets are spent. The Lox advance. Until they meet the razor sharp edge of his sword, which cuts down many more Lox like so many shafts of wheat. Zatharos fights with everything he has, until finally, after what was surely hours of battle, his internal batteries begin to shut down. He knows the end is now. With one final push he manages to open a small circle of space around him. Enough for him to gaze one last time at the beautiful sun that shines brightly down upon him. Enough time for him to say his last words to the memory of his people. Then time is up. The Lox swell around him, surrounding him on all sides. They pause, gazing upon the one that has killed so many. Looking at the last member of a race that raped their land for their own needs. They look on with a blend of respect and hatred, and they strike. It comes quickly, as Lox from all sides pounce on Zatharos, dragging him to the ground. This is his end, this is the end of the Scivereis, and he smiles. Peace can finally be his, and honor. Just as he inhales his last breath, a green light appears, scattering the Lox nearest him and keeping them back with an emerald shield. "X'ovious Zatharos, you have the ability to overcome great fear. I am a Power Ring sent by the Guardians of the Universe from the planet Oa. You have been chosen to become a member of the Green Lantern Corps." With that, the ring slides onto the hand of Zatharos and lifts him into the air, taking him high into the air and into space, all the while he screams "No! What are you doing!? You have robbed me of my chance to die in honor! Put me back! PUT ME BACK!!!"

----End----
        Maverick_GL
        Last edited by Maverick_GL; 12-21-2007, 08:55 AM.
        sigpic
        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Ch 1: Welcome to Oa

----Chatter----

Just so you guys know, I am the co-GM for the RPG. I will help where I can, if I can, but all major things should be directed to K_L because he is the man with the plan.

----Post----

The Planet Oa

X'ovious Zatharos enters the planet Oa and is placed in the medical bay to receive first aid. X'ovious is enraged at being brought to Oa against his will, and being robbed of the chance at a noble death. He lashes out at the medics before being restrained by Salaak.

Sal: "You will calm down immediately or you will be sedated, do you understand?"
          X'ov: "How about I tear off your arms like I did the hordes of Lox I was fighting before I was stolen from my planet!? I want to be sent back there to finish what was started"
          Sal: "Your battle was monitored closely, you displayed valor unrivaled in any I have seen. But you will not be sent back there. Your place is here now, with the Green Lantern Corps."
          X'ov: "You WILL send me back, or so help me I'll tear this entire planet apart! You took from me something I can never get back, a death fit for a warrior."
          Sal: "You are wrong X'ovious Zatharos of Estaog. You will serve your new masters, the Guardians of the Universe. Under the banner of the Green Lantern, there is no death except that of a warriors. You shall have your 'noble death', but your time is not now"

At this point, X'ov is injected with sedatives and put to sleep. His mechanical components are repaired, his internal battery re-charged and his organic parts healed. He is analyzed by Oa computers and deemed to be in the top 5 percentile of technorganic life currently known of. It is found that he is of two consciousness's, one his original organic mind and the other a cybermind as a product of his cybernetic neural net. The two are physically separate, but act as a unified whole.

X'ov is released from the med bay and proceeds to the training room, where Kilowag is about to address the newest batch of recruits.

"Fall in line Poozers, we've got a lot of ground to cover..."
          sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Our Ranks So Far....

----CHATTER----

The Kid Lantern--- Kyle Rayner
            Darth_Ennis--- former Darkstar?
            ShadowLantern--- Shadowstar
            GLJIMT--- GLBox
            Genesis Storm (maybe)
            Superman_Prime 300--- ?
            Maveric_GL--- X'ovious Zatharos
            MarkPoa--- Ar'lun Lebal
            Methos--- Alex Harris of Earth 19?
            JMW326--- ?
            Parrylakks--- ?

There are question marks (?) beside of the guys who've signed on but haven't yet got a Lantern created/chosen. There are also marks beside a couple ideas I'll have to double check to make sure they don't conflict with the story and the New Earth setting we're in. If you guys can give me something good out of an origin then rock on, otherwise we might have to go another route. I can honestly say some of you guys have really impressed me with your created characters. MarkPoa and Maveric_GL especially! Great 1st post BTW too Mav! Don't forget you can set each other up in the same areas. You and MarkPoa could start ICC'ing while the Wog's putting you through hell....

So far the list of NPC's me and my other GM will be using to further the story....

Kilowog
            Salaak
            Soranik Natu
            Ion/Sodam Yat
            Buar Tem
            the Guardians
            Shorm

So let's get to it fellas. The 'Wog said to line up, so let's see it!

~KL~
            Ωmega Man
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Ωmega Man; 12-21-2007, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Post -

GL Box name - Bo'x Squar

Backstory - Served in the Sinestro Corps War as a brand spanking new GL. No Kills under his belt but he did capture a few Sinners for imprisionment on Oa in Sciencells/ Back on Oa for further Training from the Wog.

Hoping to one day become a Honor Guard and serve next to Salaak.

Species Xob - Sector 3215 - waiting assignment of Partner following training, former partner Tr'angl deceased, slaughtered during the Sinestro Corps War.

Given ring directly by the being known only as Cosmic Claus.
              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

---- ICC ----

"Trainer Kilowog, B'ox Sector 3215 reporting for additional training." His Boxy form stands straight up in the air.

"Greetings, New Recruit X'obvious."
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

---ICC---

"Listen to me Box, unless you want to be made into my personal foot rest, you will address me as X'OVious Zatharos, and nothing less. I am a warrior of the highest caliber! I stood alone against the Hordes of Lox on the planet Estaog! I alone am..."

Kilowag: "Thats enough poozer! Fall back in line an' get ready to be taught what real fightin' is about. It doesn't matter what ANY of ya were on ya home planets, here ya are all rookies, an yer all gonna shut up, listen and obey. Any problems? Too bad, training starts now!"
                  sigpic

Comment

ICC

"Which one of us has a badge right now?"

"It's pretty X'obvious that you're the rookie here. I fought in the Sinestro Corps War!"
                    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

-----POST------

B'ox and X'Ovious faced each other, power rings sparkling.

Kilowog sighed. It was one of those days. "All right! Like I said, that's enough!" Kilowog shouted into a ring-generated loudspeaker. The loudspeaker was set so that all the recruits could experience the ear-splittingly high range and pause.

X'ovious grabbed his ears, grimacing at the feedback to both his ears and sonar detectors. B'ox was relatively unaffected and ruffled his body in what was assumed was his race's way of expressing amusement. The other recruits with hearing capabilities were similarly affected, with the ones capable of hearing higher ranges experiencing more discomfort.

"All right! I'm doing the roll-call here... X'ovious and B'ox, we already know who you two poozers are, so shut the hell up or I'll rip off your rings from your fing-"--he paused as he studied B'ox--"bodies myself!" Kilowog finished. X'ovious sneered at this but didn't say anything.

Kilowog ticked off a list from the monitor in front of him. "Now, where's Ar'lun Lebal?" he demanded.

"Er, he can't make it, sir!" a small purple-skinned lizard in new recruit togs answered from the back. The lizard was on all fours.

"Can't make it?" Kilowog raised his ear in question.

"Yes, sir," the lizard answered. "I mean, physically, sir... inside this hall, sir. I'm from the same sector, 1190, and I met him outside."

Kilowog checked his list again. "Ah, space whale. I guess that explains it..."

"I can still hear you inside, trainer Kilowog," a voice sounded in their minds. The voice "sounded" like a high pitched song. "Friend is correct; I remain outside. But I can still communicate through the ring. I await your instructions."

Kilowog harrumphed. "Okay, let's continue on to the next recruit..."
                      Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2007, 02:35 AM.

Comment

---post---

Recuit Name: Shadowstar (Shadow)
                        Species:Shaterrian (Alpha)
                        Sector Assigned: 1620
                        Battle experience: yes (War of Alpha Shaterrian and Saiyan)
                        Ring Assigned By: Guardians
                        Partner: unassigned

Backstory: In and out of the brig for fighting with corps members about him being a Shaterrian.(a very unliked alien race). Keeps kind of to himself most times. But quick tempered. Hoping to one day become a corpse member. So he won't have to deal with everyone.
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2008, 06:41 AM.

Comment

---Post----

Shadowstar, Sector 1620 corpsman reporting for training Sir.

Greeting, New Recruits X'obvious and B'ox.
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2008, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Tags....

----CHATTER----

Don't forget to use the tags guys! This helps GM's sort through posts to see exactly what needs to be taken from each of your post and fleshed out with the following chapters! Look at the Rules & Guidelines part of the first post for a clearer explanation.

Great work so far guys. Note how MarkPoa used what was already going on with the other Lanterns to set himself up in post as well as continue with what others were doing. Doing a little with other characters is just fine so long as it's nothing big. Let's keep it moving people!

~KL~

Comment

----CHATTER----

Sorry bout that. Editing the post for tags. ^^;

Comment

Working...
                              X