No announcement yet.

The Deadpool Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4thLetter.net has been running the 70 Best Deadpool moments(complete with scans). Thank Me Later.

Comment

I love Deadpool. Funniest, most entertaining comic I get. My LCS guy has explicit instructions that if anything comes out with Deadpool, it better be in my box.

With those stipulations, I recently received and read the new Merc with a Mouth series. I liked what I saw, see some potential for something that could be pretty good (although after issue 11 of the regular Deadpool series, I have hard time seeing anything else come close) until I finished the comic.

Well, until I finished the comic I paid for. For whatever reason, Marvel decided that instead of giving us $3.99 worth of new Deadpool, we get $2.99 worth of new Deadpool and $0.99 worth of an old Deadpool story that as far as I can tell has absolutely no relevance. (Sorry for the spoiler, but if you haven't read it, it is part of that little story where he had to fight the Hulk and snag some of his blood from the original series.)

If there is a place to put foot into Marvel ass, someone, please, direct me there.

I didn't pay the "premium" comic price so I could buy part of a comic I already own. Pisses me right off.

Comment

Originally posted by DEMONXER0 View Post
        I love Deadpool. Funniest, most entertaining comic I get. My LCS guy has explicit instructions that if anything comes out with Deadpool, it better be in my box.

With those stipulations, I recently received and read the new Merc with a Mouth series. I liked what I saw, see some potential for something that could be pretty good (although after issue 11 of the regular Deadpool series, I have hard time seeing anything else come close) until I finished the comic.

Well, until I finished the comic I paid for. For whatever reason, Marvel decided that instead of giving us $3.99 worth of new Deadpool, we get $2.99 worth of new Deadpool and $0.99 worth of an old Deadpool story that as far as I can tell has absolutely no relevance. (Sorry for the spoiler, but if you haven't read it, it is part of that little story where he had to fight the Hulk and snag some of his blood from the original series.)

If there is a place to put foot into Marvel ass, someone, please, direct me there.

I didn't pay the "premium" comic price so I could buy part of a comic I already own. Pisses me right off.
        I have to agree with you on that, I thought it was a weird issue to reproduce as a back up. I mean why not issue 1 or something like that. at least it's not his first appearence again, I'm getting sick of that one

Comment

That does suck. I am a fan of the original volume. I picked up the first arc of the new series before I dropped it. Daniel Way imo doesn't write a good Deadpool.

Haven't checked out the Merc With A Mouth series though.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
            That does suck. I am a fan of the original volume. I picked up the first arc of the new series before I dropped it. Daniel Way imo doesn't write a good Deadpool.

Haven't checked out the Merc With A Mouth series though.
            I actually like Daniel Ways writeing of Deadpool, I haven't been disappointed by any of the issues yet

Comment

After reading issue 11 of the latest series, I would love if Way was the only person to write Deadpool from here on out. That issue goes down as a tie for issue (coincidentally enough) 11 from Volume 3, one of the most entertaining comics of all time. Seriously, Osborn's hair is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by DEMONXER0 View Post
                After reading issue 11 of the latest series, I would love if Way was the only person to write Deadpool from here on out. That issue goes down as a tie for issue (coincidentally enough) 11 from Volume 3, one of the most entertaining comics of all time. Seriously, Osborn's hair is ridiculous.
                I loved Black Widows interraction with the Merc with the Mouth, Magnum Opus was a lot of fun to read, loved the bits with Taskmaster too, the guy is universally badass, the perfect foil for Wade

One qustion though, does anyone here think Deadpool's now only good as a comedy char? He was in Messiah War and I wasn't too sure whether he was any good or not

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
                Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

I think that generally yes, that is Deadpool's appeal. That doesn't mean he cannot be a serious character when he needs to be though. He has been through quite a lot, and has handled it well, considering how everything has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrt1000son View Post
                    I loved Black Widows interraction with the Merc with the Mouth, Magnum Opus was a lot of fun to read, loved the bits with Taskmaster too, the guy is universally badass, the perfect foil for Wade

One qustion though, does anyone here think Deadpool's now only good as a comedy char? He was in Messiah War and I wasn't too sure whether he was any good or not
                    In that story yeah, although I got a hint that he knows something is going to happen to domino (or it at least seems like it). Also for a Cable/Deadpool reunion they didn't work together as much

Comment

I don't know if this was mentioned, The Deadpool Bugle is a great site I sometimes contribute to that lets you know all the different titles DP will be appearing in, Like Ms. Marvel, Shang-Chi, Hulk ETC.

I airbrushed my own Deadpool shirt since DP shirts are rare
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2009, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLanternGeek View Post
                        WARNING Disturbing image if you have a weak costitution do not look!
                        OH GOD MY EYES!!!!!

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

yeah they really need to start makeing some more Merch of the merc with the mouth

Comment

LOVE deadpool

Comment

Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth #2 Marvel 70th Anniversary Variant cover sneak peek

Comment

Finally saw Hulk vs. Wolverine, Deadpool was just Pure Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X