The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 5
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 5

Old 08-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #26
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Green Lantern: New Guardians Artwork by Tyler Kirkham

Click image for bigger view
Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Green Lantern #4 Cover by Doug Mahnke

Click image for bigger size
Old 09-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #28
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Tyler Kirkham gets better with each issue. The stuff on Oa is incredible and I can't wait to see what the Old have in store for the New....

~KL~
Old 09-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #29
Nowen
Hal's Understudy

I went by my LCS to find that they had already sold out of the standard cover Green Lantern titles. All they had left was one Variant left and the guy behind the counter not only sold it to me for cover price, but included my discount as well. I'll probably pick up a standard cover at some point.

Sig by Zander Yurami
Nowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #30
W.West

Green Lantern #3 Variant Cover by Ethan Van Sciver

Old 10-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #31
JuanMal
Fatality's Blacksmith

That clown-looking Sinestro Corps member looks cool
JuanMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:16 AM   #32
W.West

Green Lantern #5 Cover by Doug Mahnke

Old 10-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #33
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post

I love this cover! It is awesome!

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #34
Guyver Lantern
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Quote:

They use light saber now?:P

looks really like StarWars...
Guyver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #35
W.West

Justice League #3 Variant Cover by Greg Capullo

Old 11-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #36
W.West

RED LANTERNS #6 Inked Cover by Ed Benes & Rob Hunter

Human Red Lantern Design

Red Lanterns Page by Edge Benes

Quote:
There is a place on the dark side of Ysmault — home of the Red Lanterns — where the air is heavy with the smell of death, and the plants are dark and twisted. Long before Bleez, before Zilius Zox and Dex Starr and Skallox, this is where Atrocitus buried his failed experiments. He’d been trying to create his Red Lantern corps–but the first attempts were failures: too insane, too abysmal, to be allowed to live. More lurks here than Atrocitus ever imagined…

Talking of Skallox, few people are aware that Skallox tried to join the equivalent of a dating agency on his home planet, with truly horrific consequences. The terrible story of this unhappy affair will be revealed soon.

And what of Bleez? She may have undergone the terrible transformation of the Red Lanterns but in issue three a baptism in Blood Ocean rekindles her intelligence, and her demons. But will Bleez will be satisfied at being Atrocitus’ loyal number two? Or will there come a time when the Red Lanterns of Ysmault will have to make a decision? Bleez or Atrocitus. Youth or experience?

Or will an unholy alliance between an Earth-born Red Lantern and a terrible creature from Atrocitus’s past force Atrocitus and Bleez to put aside their differences for good?

– Peter Milligan (RED LANTERNS)

Last edited by W.West; 11-07-2011 at 06:33 PM.
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #37
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Love that Red Lantern Design. Benes is really bringing it with these pencils
"Chosen" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #38
W.West

Green Lantern #4 Variant Cover by Francis Manapul

Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #39
White Gloves
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Wouaouh ! Like it a lot !
Old 11-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #40
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Quote:

I love this cover! It is phenomenal!

Old 11-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #41
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

I dont care if this costs 20 bucks I am so getting it.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #42
kazzar
Guardian Of The Galaxy

I love the new cover and now cannot wait for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Aang
When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
kazzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #43
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Manapul always does great work.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #44
W.West

3 Things You Need to Know About GREEN LANTERN

By Editor Brian Cunningham:

I can’t speak for the rest of DC Nation, but I continue to be reenergized by the direction of GREEN LANTERN.

Who’d have thunk that it would take Sinestro, of all characters, to do it? The GL nemesis now wears a GL uniform again…and this turn of events has transformed the series into the unlikeliest of buddy books, teaming Sinestro with his former protégé Hal Jordan. Seeing the two go back and forth has made the series a true joy to work on, thanks to the creative team supreme of writer Geoff Johns and artist Doug Mahnke.

Naturally, I’m super-excited for the series’ future, and here are 3 things I can share:

1. THIS IS NOT THE SINESTRO YOU REMEMBER.

Sinestro has always been known as the dictatorial GL who fell from grace and returned as the Green Lantern Corps’s greatest nemesis. Now Sinestro wields a GL ring once more — under mysterious circumstances, no less — and what he plans to do with it will likely surprise you as much as it did me.

In our first arc, we reveal a tragic secret about Sinestro: He has a beating heart, a fact Sinestro locks tightly away from the entire universe…until it unlocks for a millisecond. Explaining more would say too much, but watch for it — it could make Sinestro your favorite character in DC – THE NEW 52.

Is Sinestro a hero or villain? The answer is…yes.

2. THE RINGS CARRY SECRETS.

Sinestro revealed to Hal in issue #3 that the ring allows its bearer to create a “stealth mode” costume in black. We learn another doozy in issue #5.

What else does Sinestro know about the ring that we don’t? Stay tuned.

3. THE CORPS’S DAYS ARE NUMBERED.

At least, that’s how the Guardians of the Universe feel. As revealed in issue #3, they’ve deemed the Green Lantern Corps a failure, just as they once did the robot Manhunters that the Corps replaced billions of years ago. What exactly are the Guardians up to? They’ve been chatting about creating a “Third Army” — and what that is will become clear as the series slowly builds towards its next massive crossover with the other GL series. And THAT, DC Nation, will be so hugely momentous, it will quake the DC cosmos to its very core!

In the meantime, enjoy GREEN LANTERN for the here and now — Sinestro and Hal Jordan getting to know each other again for the first time.

Green Lantern #4 Page 10 Art by Doug Mahnke
Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #45
DocLantern
Banned

That DC nation bit on Sinestro is a bit of a hard sell. I do wonder what they're going to end up doing with the book. My money is on him screwing over Hal at some point and returning to full on evil. Hope so anyway.
DocLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:00 AM   #46
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocLantern View Post
That DC nation bit on Sinestro is a bit of a hard sell. I do wonder what they're going to end up doing with the book. My money is on him screwing over Hal at some point and returning to full on evil. Hope so anyway.
I hope not, I love how Sinestro is now, and I love the idea of the Buddy Cop book with them. This is awesome! As long as Hal gets a ring.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #47
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
I hope not, I love how Sinestro is now, and I love the idea of the Buddy Cop book with them. This is awesome! As long as Hal gets a ring.
Well I disagree, I hate how Johns has totally watered down Sinestro. Come on he's suppose to be a real villain, not some wannabe hero.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #48
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Honestly I havent witnessed anything that says hero come from Sinestro other than he wants to free his home planet. Even before this whole him becoming a GL again he'd make sure that no one would fuck with his planet but him.

You may cite the whole saving people on Earth scene but I saw that as more of a chance to rub it in Hal's face about how he does not think outside the box with his ring or use its full capabilities.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #49
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Sinestro is more of an anti-hero if anything and I quite like him in this capacity. He's always about being 3 steps ahead of everyone. Sinestro is a great character whether hero or villain.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #50
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
Sinestro is more of an anti-hero if anything and I quite like him in this capacity. He's always about being 3 steps ahead of everyone. Sinestro is a great character whether hero or villain.
Was he three steps ahead of the people pillaging his planet? Was he three steps ahead of Nekron? Hell, was he three steps ahead of Hal when he was strapped down to an electric chair? I think you may be making more of ONE instance than you should.