The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 5
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 5
View Poll Results: Would you want Hal to star in a parallax title?
Yes 6 42.86%
No 8 57.14%
Don't know/No opinion 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2015, 02:07 AM   #1
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Default Would you like to see Hal starring in a Parallax title?

And someone else (not a new character) starring in Green Lantern?
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:36 PM   #2
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

As long as Hal is still starring as Green Lantern as well, I don't see the two as mutually exclusive, especially post Convergence.
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:40 PM   #3
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Parallax/Hal seems to work best as an antagonist. The basic premise of what he represents is just plain wrong. I'm not saying a series based on a bad guy with flawed morality couldn't work, but I don't want to see Hal as that every month.
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:26 AM   #4
Mechinoid
Hal's Understudy

Yes depending on the story. Only problem is that we already have an anti-villain with parallax with the Sinestro book, so having Sinestro and Parallax-Hal might run redundant after awhile. Though putting Parallax Hal coming fresh from convergence with the new52 Hal in the same title would be interesting to see; having different views, different timelines, different approaches to things, having to see Hal have to reign in his Parallax self, while Parallax is there to remind Hal what downward path he could become if he lets himself slip. Good cop, Bad cop; one person, two different personalities.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:42 AM   #5
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I think it might work if you REALLY made him Parallax permanently -- none of that mind-possession bullshit -- and named a new star for Green Lantern. Otherwise, no.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #6
greenblogger
Fatality's Blacksmith

I would like to see Hal back as Parallax as part of a major story arc but not in a permanent status.
greenblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:58 AM   #7
Lundonj
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenblogger View Post
I would like to see Hal back as Parallax as part of a major story arc but not in a permanent status.
That works for me. It is generally interesting to see what Hal does with that power level on a short term basis.

-Don
Lundonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #8
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL
Default :Moderator:

I'd like to see a 6 issue mini series with Parallax exploring the Nu52, only to find it "unworthy" or lacking when compared to the old universe.

Parallax would then come into contact with Telos who is unhappy with his lot in life and would also prefer things to be the way they are, old universe where he (Telos) never existed and therefore never knew the pain of what his life is ( I don't read his comic so I can't say if that would work).

Those two would meet up with Clark Kent and Lois, and a still alive Barry Allen circa CoIE and together decide the Nu52 isn't working. Maybe throw Booster Gold and Rip Hunter in there somewhere. Also throw in old Darkseid emerging, declaring the one "killed" by Monty to be a lesser aspect of his greater self, perhaps revealing the Nu52 to be an experiment of his design that has failed.

It would all cumulate in a 12 issue maxi series re-establishing the old/real DCU as the main timeline/universe and regulating the Nu52 as just another part of the Multiverse.

Similar to Infinite Crisis I guess, but this time actually make the switch happen.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #9
Lundonj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
I'd like to see a 6 issue mini series with Parallax exploring the Nu52, only to find it "unworthy" or lacking when compared to the old universe.

Parallax would then come into contact with Telos who is unhappy with his lot in life and would also prefer things to be the way they are, old universe where he (Telos) never existed and therefore never knew the pain of what his life is ( I don't read his comic so I can't say if that would work).

Those two would meet up with Clark Kent and Lois, and a still alive Barry Allen circa CoIE and together decide the Nu52 isn't working. Maybe throw Booster Gold and Rip Hunter in there somewhere. Also throw in old Darkseid emerging, declaring the one "killed" by Monty to be a lesser aspect of his greater self, perhaps revealing the Nu52 to be an experiment of his design that has failed.

It would all cumulate in a 12 issue maxi series re-establishing the old/real DCU as the main timeline/universe and regulating the Nu52 as just another part of the Multiverse.

Similar to Infinite Crisis I guess, but this time actually make the switch happen.
Darkseid War, Hal running around as Parallax, and the top secret sealed black bag comic for Free Comic Book Day in May, you could be getting your reset. New 52 goes the way of New Coke...

-Don
Old 12-13-2015, 02:04 AM   #10
Maverick_GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundonj View Post
Darkseid War, Hal running around as Parallax, and the top secret sealed black bag comic for Free Comic Book Day in May, you could be getting your reset. New 52 goes the way of New Coke...

-Don
Now they just have to bring back Crystal Pepsi, aka the original JSA. Horrible analogy I know...

Or better yet, original JSA = coka cola with actual cocaine in it 😝

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Old 12-13-2015, 03:22 AM   #11
Lundonj

Quote:
Now they just have to bring back Crystal Pepsi, aka the original JSA. Horrible analogy I know...

Or better yet, original JSA = coka cola with actual cocaine in it ��
I was addicted to soda long enough withOUT 'real' coke in it. No need to go that far back for me. Something like comic prices for a buck - that time machine setting would work.

Original JSA sounds great. Original DCU with Nu52 as a spin-off place to visit once in a while is the best pitch yet.

Last edited by Lundonj; 12-13-2015 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #12
Maverick_GL

Quote:
I was addicted to soda long enough withOUT 'real' coke in it. No need to go that far back for me. Something like comic prices for a buck - that time machine setting would work.

Original JSA sounds great. Original DCU with Nu52 as a spin-off place to visit once in a while is the best pitch yet.
Comics for a buck? Hell I'd buy 10x as many if they were still that cheap, probably spend even more than I do now just because.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:01 PM   #13
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Man that would be the best thing since the Sinestro Corps war, and best company wide crossover since the original Crisis. Original JSA, original LSH, might make me a fan boy again, rencon the retcons.
As for the original point of the post, heroes with Godlike powers are hard to relate to, so no to Hal as Parrallax full time in the new old universe, but having an armor wearing gauntlet toting Hal, be Hal's super sayien version for ultimate events, like Thor's armor and belt when facing Surtur or the Celestrials.

Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 12-13-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #14
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Default You should pitch that to Geoff

Quote:

-Don
Quote:

I love that idea and it made me think, what aspect, or title or franchise is better in the new 52? I found it hard to think of any except for possibly the Justice League and only that because TPTB , didn't let the big 6 be on the roster simultaneously much towards the end. So I can't think of one property that would be hurt by a swichback because for me all would improve. In fact I can't think of what property of the new 52 would be necessarily Miles Morales-ed over. (meaning so unique and special that it should survive even if it's home universe ceased to exist)
Old 12-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #15
Lundonj

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
I love that idea and it made me think, what aspect, or title or franchise is better in the new 52? I found it hard to think of any except for possibly the Justice League and only that because TPTB , didn't let the big 6 be on the roster simultaneously much towards the end. So I can't think of one property that would be hurt by a swichback because for me all would improve. In fact I can't think of what property of the new 52 would be necessarily Miles Morales-ed over. (meaning so unique and special that it should survive even if it's home universe ceased to exist)
Batman was pretty strong 1-41, JL has been fairly solid. I like the new JLoA book, but it feels more like a mini-series. GL has been mostly a snooze fest with few exceptions, and the GLC - ugh. So, yes, not a whole lot will be missed if they send New 52 packing - and someone else noted if they end it on Free Comic Book Day, it will be around issue #52 for most of the initial series.

And if Hal has a hand in the next big change as Parallax? It could be fun. Whatever anyone's take was on the first Parallax, I was kind of cheering for him to win it all and actually fix the Universe. Maybe he wins this round?

Do it for Coast City. Do it for me.

Hit the big green reset button Hal...

-Don
Old 12-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #16
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Batman was pretty strong 1-41, JL has been fairly solid. I like the new JLoA book, but it feels more like a mini-series. GL has been mostly a snooze fest with few exceptions, and the GLC - ugh. So, yes, not a whole lot will be missed if they send New 52 packing - and someone else noted if they end it on Free Comic Book Day, it will be around issue #52 for most of the initial series.

And if Hal has a hand in the next big change as Parallax? It could be fun. Whatever anyone's take was on the first Parallax, I was kind of cheering for him to win it all and actually fix the Universe. Maybe he wins this round?

Do it for Coast City. Do it for me.

Hit the big green reset button Hal...

-Don
Batman has been good but I don't know if I would say it was 'better' per se, Batman has been the DC gold standard for quite some time now. Justice League has been very high quality as they attempt to make it the tent pole title for the entire DCU. I am not sure how much irreplaceable canon would be lost if we switched back though. Besides incredible art what has happened in Justice League that would hurt if lost to the switchback? I couple of cool confrontations with Darkseid but nothing considered all time great. As for Batman, Snyder has been very good but what has happened in Batman in the new 52 that essential to his canon say 15 years from now? The Court of Owls? Maybe but not as essential a tale as Knightfall and everything that happened there is easier to fold into DC 'classic' than all of the classic tales are falling into New52. Like how Bane has been around and broke Batman BUT Azrael is just being introduced . All that being said the possibility of getting classic DC back, the Clark and Lois book and the return of Par(Hal)lax has sparked more interest than anything else DC has done in quite some time which is scary considering their is a Darkseid/AntiMonitor War going on.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:39 AM   #17
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

The latest solits in section 0 as well as the solicitation for Superman has me thinking something big is on the horizon, I only wish that there was a mention of the real Alan Scott and Jade in the Earth 2 solit but whose to say that isn't coming too
Old 12-16-2015, 12:08 AM   #18
Maverick_GL

Quote:
The latest solits in section 0 as well as the solicitation for Superman has me thinking something big is on the horizon, I only wish that there was a mention of the real Alan Scott and Jade in the Earth 2 solit but whose to say that isn't coming too
Yah, just read those, we might not be far off of some sort of big change *crosses fingers*

Old 12-31-2015, 05:58 PM   #19
Lundonj

Quote:
Yah, just read those, we might not be far off of some sort of big change *crosses fingers*
Still unofficial, but the rumor/news site had this:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/...omics-in-2016/

So something is rumbling for 2016, and DC needs to make some noise.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:35 PM   #20
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Didio and Lee tweeted Rebirth. Now of course it could just mean that Geoff is doing another Rebirth (ala GL and Flash) which has refocused and reintroduced and profoundly changed both title's direction BUT then again, it might mean that Geoff is going to "Rebirth" all of DC, though one could argue he did that with new 52, in actuality what Geoff did on his two previous rebirths was bring back the "classic" version of the character (Hal and Barry) that was around during his childhood. Could he be bringing DC "classic" back again? Only time will tell...
Old 01-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #21
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I think something very different needs to be done with Hal, whether it's as Parallax or not.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #22
KilowogsDisciple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
I think something very different needs to be done with Hal, whether it's as Parallax or not.
I think this is a very good point. I'd be happy seeing John in a Parallax title.
KilowogsDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:32 PM   #23
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
I think this is a very good point. I'd be happy seeing John in a Parallax title.
I really can't see that. I'm not even sure that Hal should go back to being Parallax. I'd like to see John on a small team of very good but under-used GLs. I suggested a title for him here. My idea was to put him on a team with Kreon, Ramey Hol and Jack T. Chance.

(BTW, "Lantern Academy" wouldn't be a brick-and-mortar campus but would involve on-the-job training.)

http://glantac.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-25-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #24
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
I really can't see that. I'm not even sure that Hal should go back to being Parallax. I'd like to see John on a small team of very good but under-used GLs. I suggested a title for him here. My idea was to put him on a team with Kreon, Ramey Hol and Jack T. Chance.

(BTW, "Lantern Academy" wouldn't be a brick-and-mortar campus but would involve on-the-job training.)

http://glantac.blogspot.com/
yea and maybe bring back Laira (a snake eyes type ninja GL) and Hollika Rahn(Green Magic is my favorite Tale of the Corps), maybe Daggle and the Corpse. To be honest Guy and John can work on a small team, Guy will always be the scene stealing Wolverine type were John more the leader Cyclops type. I prefer Arisia a supporting character and love interest for Hal over in Green Lantern but no doubt she is very popular and could help the Corps book. Always loved the military strategist Kreon, and the duster wearing Jack T Chance.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #25
KilowogsDisciple
Banned

Quote:
yea and maybe bring back Laira (a snake eyes type ninja GL) and Hollika Rahn(Green Magic is my favorite Tale of the Corps), maybe Daggle and the Corpse. To be honest Guy and John can work on a small team, Guy will always be the scene stealing Wolverine type were John more the leader Cyclops type. I prefer Arisia a supporting character and love interest for Hal over in Green Lantern but no doubt she is very popular and could help the Corps book. Always loved the military strategist Kreon, and the duster wearing Jack T Chance.
Cool ideas all around.
KilowogsDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote